Bring Back Fitz

johnwalter

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee. if that happens, i'd love so see us pick him up to be the veteran back-up / mentor that kolb was supposed to be. fitz has all the makings to be a great teacher at the position (i always had a ton of respect for the guy) and putting him the the QB room with EJ could do big things for EJ's development.

does anyone know how a new contract with fitz would interact with our existing 2014 cap-hit for fitz's old contract?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee. if that happens, i'd love so see us pick him up to be the veteran back-up / mentor that kolb was supposed to be. fitz has all the makings to be a great teacher at the position (i always had a ton of respect for the guy) and putting him the the QB room with EJ could do big things for EJ's development.

does anyone know how a new contract with fitz would interact with our existing 2014 cap-hit for fitz's old contract?

wed have the dead money AND the contract. as much as i think hed be a good backup, i dont know that i could take that on principle alone. wed have 7m in dead money for him not playing for us and another 2-3m for him to play for us.

Edited by NoSaint

HaHa you guys kill me. Next thing you'll be telling me Bob Dylan is doing car commercials!

Bob would never sell out

i love fitz and really wish there were a way that would have worked out for the team and for himself. i just think that too much happened and too recently for him to be back in buffalo. but yeah, i think he would have been the ideal backup/mentor.

I thought the same