Bring Back Fitz

johnwalter

I am not advocating bringing him back, but he was really the best QB (for better or worse) that we have had since 2002 Drew Bledsoe...not saying much, I realize, but the Bills were much more watchable (note, i did not say enjoyable) with Fitz at the helm (especially 2010 and 2011)...his last season was pretty miserable...

The only "watchable" part of Fitz was predicting with friends what opponent would catch the game clinching INT.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee.

Linky?

Source of this talk?

Fitz was paid $1.5 million signing bonus, so he carries ~$0.9 in dead money. That makes his savings if you cut him, $3.25 million, which seems to be the going rate for an NFL quality backup.

Of which, there still seems to be more demand than supply.

I can see the Titans cutting Fitz if they want to move in a new direction at QB - say, if they want to draft someone or sign someone whom they think will be "The Man" and Locker becomes the backup, Fitz becomes superfluous.

But cutting the backup QB to save $3.25 million in cap, when Fitz did a capable job as the backup at a pretty reasonable price, wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I do not want to see Fitz back in Buffalo. That ship has sailed.

The only "watchable" part of Fitz was predicting with friends what opponent would catch the game clinching INT.

True...but he had stretches of games where he was slinging it pretty well, and they were fun games to watch....he won a few, lost more...furstrating as hell I agree...but I think of games like that Ravens game in 2010 (IIRC) where Nelson got the ball punched out of his hand in OT, well after the play was over... Fitz was terrific in that game.