Marshawn Lynch endorsement deal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone piling on him now? The media, ESPN have been all over him.

Because he refuses to participate in mandatory media sessions.... I imagine that doesn't help what they say. Generally speaking though, I feel like they have been pretty kind given his baggage.

I feel like they have been pretty kind given his baggage.

Beast Mode had made a 180 degree public perception shift between Buffalo and Seattle. In Buffalo he was a bad dude always getting busted for hit and run and illegal unregistered guns in the trunk.

In Seattle he has become the lovable goofball. Skittles. Did he ever do skittles in Buffalo? I don't remember hearing about it, but maybe he did.

All this even though he has a DWI pending in San Francisco while Seattle has suffered several tragic drunk driving deaths including grand parents and grand child in a cross walk.

He has better lawyers and better PR agents in Seattle I guess. Or maybe Seattle only cares if he can run with the football and all else is forgiven?

Edited by reddogblitz

Because he refuses to participate in mandatory media sessions.... I imagine that doesn't help what they say. Generally speaking though, I feel like they have been pretty kind given his baggage.

I guess I am playing the devils ukulele and saying that it is overdone. ESPN tweeting this super bowl stuff has been over the top, but texting in alerts he has a deal with skittles then two hours later 3 consequently saying he didn't want to talk, all about business and wants to just play. thats just sad.

Guy broke more tackles in that run against the Saints than Spiller has in his entire career... He is in the SuperBowl. He made one of the three biggest plays in the NFC championship game. Spiller still can't find the right hole nor beat out a 32 year old Fred Jackson...

Whatever keep piling on Lynch as the Seahawks ride him to the SuperBowl. It will be the fourth quarter the Seahawks will be up by 6 or 7 points with about 7 or 8 minutes to go and Lynch will drive them the length of the field and keep Manning off the field. Seahawks kick late FG to seal the victory.

Spiller still can't find the right hole nor beat out a 32 year old Fred Jackson...

Lynch couldn't beat out an un-drafted, arena league football Fred Jackson. Maybe that Fred Jackson guy is pretty good...

The Pro Football Writers of America, the official voice of pro football writers fighting and promoting for access to NFL personnel to best serve the public, is extremely disappointed in the lack of meaningful access to Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch at the Super Bowl XLVIII media day on Tuesday, the PFWA said in a statement issued by president D. Orlando Ledbetter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfwa-extremely-disappointed-by-lynchs-conduct-at-media-day/

Players are required to participate and he participated, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT by email on Tuesday night. We will continue to monitor the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/28/nfl-satisfied-with-lynchs-participation-in-media-day/

Edited by papazoid

Lynch couldn't beat out an un-drafted, arena league football Fred Jackson. Maybe that Fred Jackson guy is pretty good...

Yea, Fred is pretty good, but I'd still rather have Lynch. Younger, stronger, Pro Bowler and more YAC. JMO

eh. still like the guy despite all the haters.

Who are Lynch haters? I love the guy. I loved his running style and his personality.

What I hated is people who try to blame the Bills for trading him. He was an idiot here. He forced the Bills' hand. I don't hate the guy but I'm certainly not rooting for him. He did some scumbag things here.

Guy broke more tackles in that run against the Saints than Spiller has in his entire career... He is in the SuperBowl. He made one of the three biggest plays in the NFC championship game. Spiller still can't find the right hole nor beat out a 32 year old Fred Jackson...

Whatever keep piling on Lynch as the Seahawks ride him to the SuperBowl. It will be the fourth quarter the Seahawks will be up by 6 or 7 points with about 7 or 8 minutes to go and Lynch will drive them the length of the field and keep Manning off the field. Seahawks kick late FG to seal the victory.

You realize Spiller broke more tackles per touch than Lynch did in 2012 right? http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/broken-tackles-2012

Yea, Fred is pretty good, but I'd still rather have Lynch. Younger, stronger, Pro Bowler and more YAC. JMO

If I had to choose a guy right now to have going forward? Absolutely I'd take Lynch. If I had to choose 3 years ago when the Bills got rid of Lynch? I'd have taken Jackson and the choice wouldn't have been difficult. Jackson was the better runner, better receiver, better pass blocker, better leader and better human being. Hell, even today he's still all of those things except better runner.

The hard part to swallow in all this is that the Bills used a 1st round pick on Lynch then turned around and used another 1st round pick on Spiller when they already had Fred Jackson on the team. In fact, Jackson was the Bills best player the season before they drafted Spiller. It's picks that that which keep the Bills spinning their wheels year after year.

If I had to choose a guy right now to have going forward? Absolutely I'd take Lynch. If I had to choose 3 years ago when the Bills got rid of Lynch? I'd have taken Jackson and the choice wouldn't have been difficult. Jackson was the better runner, better receiver, better pass blocker, better leader and better human being. Hell, even today he's still all of those things except better runner.

The hard part to swallow in all this is that the Bills used a 1st round pick on Lynch then turned around and used another 1st round pick on Spiller when they already had Fred Jackson on the team. In fact, Jackson was the Bills best player the season before they drafted Spiller. It's picks that that which keep the Bills spinning their wheels year after year.

Agree with everything but the thing with Jackson was he was approaching the magic age of 30, which is death for running backs. And Spiller was too good to pass up. But with hindsight, we don't pick Spiller, we don't pick Whitner (George Wilson), and we don't pick McCargo in the 1st (we got Kyle Williams in the 5th).

honestly, if we had a legit franchise QB, we wouldn't care so much about these things. Tom Brady covers up a lot of the sins of bad NE drafts.

Agree with everything but the thing with Jackson was he was approaching the magic age of 30, which is death for running backs. And Spiller was too good to pass up. But with hindsight, we don't pick Spiller, we don't pick Whitner (George Wilson), and we don't pick McCargo in the 1st (we got Kyle Williams in the 5th).

honestly, if we had a legit franchise QB, we wouldn't care so much about these things. Tom Brady covers up a lot of the sins of bad NE drafts.

I didn't like the Whitner pick or the Spiller pick at the time they were picked. I remember when Spiller's name was called I cursed loudly in what can only be called a semi-insane rant of anger. Sure Jackson was 29 at the time but you don't spend a top 10 pick on one of the few positions you're set at on your team. Lynch was still on the team at the time, there was nothing forcing them to trade him and the Bills had loads of holes to fill.

As for Whitner I said it then and I'll say it now, you don't draft a Safety that high unless he's so good you think he'll be an all time great - a game changer. Those guys don't come around that often at that position. Whitner was not that type of special talent.

You'll never see me killing them for taking a guy like McCargo or M. Williams. Those were highly regarded players who would have filled big needs for the Bills. Sure they missed but misses happen to everybody.

I didn't like the Whitner pick or the Spiller pick at the time they were picked. I remember when Spiller's name was called I cursed loudly in what can only be called a semi-insane rant of anger. Sure Jackson was 29 at the time but you don't spend a top 10 pick on one of the few positions you're set at on your team. Lynch was still on the team at the time, there was nothing forcing them to trade him and the Bills had loads of holes to fill.

As for Whitner I said it then and I'll say it now, you don't draft a Safety that high unless he's so good you think he'll be an all time great - a game changer. Those guys don't come around that often at that position. Whitner was not that type of special talent.

You'll never see me killing them for taking a guy like McCargo or M. Williams. Those were highly regarded players who would have filled big needs for the Bills. Sure they missed but misses happen to everybody.

Fair enough. I actually wanted Bulaga and was campaigning against Spiller. Bulaga is the very definition of average and I think Spiller still has a few years like 2012 in him.

Whitner came from nowhere. I defended the guy because I thought he was a decent enough player and it wasn't his fault he was drafted where he was. As the league becomes more Arena/ flag, safties are going to go higher and higher in the draft. The position is much more important.