The Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff...

...is getting absolutely ridiculous.

I really appreciate all of the effort Jerry Jones has gone through over the past 10 years to make me feel better about being a Bills fan.

The coaching "moves" in the last week or so are just the latest.

To recap, they have Jason Garrett as Head Coach, whose specialty is Offense and play-calling. That doesn't work so they bring in Bill Callahan as OC to call plays. Now this week, they bring in Scott Linehan as a third offensive coach with the main duty of calling plays.

Not wanting to ignore the chance to create the same mess on the Defensive side of the ball, Jones has named Rod Marinelli DC, and changed Monte Kiffin's title to "Assistant Head Coach of Defense".

That's 5 coaches, each with their own ego and scheme, doing the work of 2 people.

Why won't Jerry fire anyone? Is it because doing so would mean he has to admit he was wrong in hiring them? How many other head coaches are left that they could possibly bring in? Why only 1 Special Teams coach? How hard do you have to try to make the Bills look like a focused, well run organization?

He is not cheap, he is just prideful, arrogant and stupid.

Why won't Jerry fire anyone? Is it because doing so would mean he has to admit he was wrong in hiring them? How many other head coaches are left that they could possibly bring in? Why only 1 Special Teams coach? How hard do you have to try to make the Bills look like a focused, well run organization?

We have a winner! Funny, the local morning sports guy here (in Austin, TX- Cowboys country) was railing on JJ this moring for this whole thing...he named Dallas and Oakland (along with Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo) as NFL graveyards! Now, I obviously take a little exception to that, but I kind of expect it at this point...but lumping Dallas in ther with what are percieved to be the worst franchises in the league is pretty eye-opening.

Edited by Buftex

Aside from Patriots Schadenfreude Day, the best part of every NFL season is that one camera shot of a frowning Jerruh at the moment when he knows the Cowboys have blown the game that makes or breaks their playoff chances. It's usually in the 4Q and he's moved down to the sidelines. Just priceless.

By some accounts, part of his refusal to "fire" the previous coordinators (Callahan in particular) is simply to prevent other teams from hiring them. Cleveland has been refused permission to speak with Callahan about their OC opening. Speculation is that sometime after the current "coaching carousel" comes to a stop (all openings are filled), JJ will let the "extras" go.

By some accounts, part of his refusal to "fire" the previous coordinators (Callahan in particular) is simply to prevent other teams from hiring them. Cleveland has been refused permission to speak with Callahan about their OC opening. Speculation is that sometime after the current "coaching carousel" comes to a stop (all openings are filled), JJ will let the "extras" go.

They also refused permission to let him interview with the Ravens for their OC opening, I read.

...is getting absolutely ridiculous.

I really appreciate all of the effort Jerry Jones has gone through over the past 10 years to make me feel better about being a Bills fan.

The coaching "moves" in the last week or so are just the latest.

To recap, they have Jason Garrett as Head Coach, whose specialty is Offense and play-calling. That doesn't work so they bring in Bill Callahan as OC to call plays. Now this week, they bring in Scott Linehan as a third offensive coach with the main duty of calling plays.

Not wanting to ignore the chance to create the same mess on the Defensive side of the ball, Jones has named Rod Marinelli DC, and changed Monte Kiffin's title to "Assistant Head Coach of Defense".

That's 5 coaches, each with their own ego and scheme, doing the work of 2 people.

Isn't it great? I'm hoping for nothing but the worst for that organization.

Aside from Patriots Schadenfreude Day

Their what???

Rumor is that Ol' Jer is demoting Callahan to line coach but won't let him opt out of his contract since he may need an interim head coach halfway through the season if Garret can't get it together. So he's undermining all of his coaches in anticipation of future dysfunction which is basically guaranteed.

Love it!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/28/cowboys-make-changes-on-both-sides-of-the-ball/

Isn't it great? I'm hoping for nothing but the worst for that organization.

It really is fantastic to watch.

Their what???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Schadenfreude

:thumbsup:

Rumor is that Ol' Jer is demoting Callahan to line coach but won't let him opt out of his contract since he may need an interim head coach halfway through the season if Garret can't get it together. So he's undermining all of his coaches in anticipation of future dysfunction which is basically guaranteed.

Love it!

http://profootballta...es-of-the-ball/

Wow... That... That is some top notch leadership from the Owner. :w00t:

Edited by DrDareustein

He is not cheap, he is just prideful, arrogant and stupid.

We have a winner! Funny, the local morning sports guy here (in Austin, TX- Cowboys country) was railing on JJ this moring for this whole thing...he named Dallas and Oakland (along with Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo) as NFL graveyards! Now, I obviously take a little exception to that, but I kind of expect it at this point...but lumping Dallas in ther with what are percieved to be the worst franchises in the league is pretty eye-opening.

Yeah. Makes our situation not look so bad, lol.

Aside from Patriots Schadenfreude Day, the best part of every NFL season is that one camera shot of a frowning Jerruh at the moment when he knows the Cowboys have blown the game that makes or breaks their playoff chances. It's usually in the 4Q and he's moved down to the sidelines. Just priceless.

For your enjoyment:

nfl_u_jerryjones_gb1_200.jpgjerry-jones.jpgxlarge_jerryjonesnosepick.jpg