Former Buffalonians or snow birds

billsfan_34

Believe it or not we have the same problem in Columbus, yet we get snow every winter! Still not prepared, not enough plows, and no one knows how to drive in it. For someone from Bflo, it is very frustrating.

Right? It's called SLOW or DON'T...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure was as a matter of fact. We got that in 4 days it started xmas eve morning. That one was rough for sure. But the shear bitter cold and wind chills in my opinion trump that. Im looking at the longivity of it.

yup sure was. I agree. The cold is very bad this winter. I definitely dont remember anything this cold

Possibility of an inch of snow in Houston tomorrow. I'm sitting in a dentist's chair now and was told the dentists' office is already closing for tomorrow.

The times I wish I lived in Houston. My boss is from Rochester and lived in VA for a while and they got about 1/2 inch of snow and it was a state of emergency. He spent his day doing donuts at the mall parking lot.

It's a trade-off everywhere you live.

Florida weather is great right now, but the summer is brutal and you'd have to put up with the culture down there.

Phoenix weather now is perfect, but in a couple months you won't be able to go outside.

Buffalo weather is so bad right now, but the summer and fall is ideal and the people are down to earth and cool.

sure was as a matter of fact. We got that in 4 days it started xmas eve morning. That one was rough for sure. But the shear bitter cold and wind chills in my opinion trump that. Im looking at the longivity of it.

That's the part that is taking it's toll on people.....in WNY we had a winters-worth of temps in the teens and below before winter technically began. I've never seen ground frozen this deep or ice this deep on the water in our area.

I'll trade you any amount of snow (and I grew up in West Seneca) for the filthy air we have all winter long here in Salt Lake City. Plus we get snow besides, sometimes a whole lot of it the higher you go into the mountains.

how is the weather in salt lake? Is the air that bad? Would have guessed it was nice and fresh with the mountains

Went out in Richmond VA today, about 3PM, it was 64. Now at 9PM it's 31 and we're supposed to wake up to 19 in the AM. Good chance of 2-3 inches snow tomorrow but up to a foot E of us towards Norfolk & VA Beach This will be an opposite snow pattern for us. It's usually worse W of here, toward the Blue Ridge. Mountains.

Jimmy Griffin was right!! Get a 6 pack and enjoy the show!

how is the weather in salt lake? Is the air that bad? Would have guessed it was nice and fresh with the mountains

Check your map. Salt Lake is not "in the mountains". It actually sits in a basin between the Wasatch and Oquirrh mountain ranges. The air will get stagnant at times. > I'll be out there early March hopefully putting some tracks down in some fresh powder in Park City <

Edited by BuffaloBud

Sunday t was clear and 72 in the East SF Bay area. Cooled down to 65 today. Is about 40 at night. Problem is we have about 7% of normal rainfall (1.5 inches on two days). Thats 2 days since April 2013.

It's only -9 now... Going down to -20 or so tonight, high was -2. It doesn't feel that bad since we went through this all a couple of weeks ago. Shoveling in the morning w/a couple of hoodies on , sweat on knit beanie @ brow freezes like white frost. I was out for about 3 hours helping my neighbors. Only got an inch last night but some areas were drifted a couple to 4 feet, and where the plow dumps is nasty... Running out of real estate to put the snow... Will have to start depositing it where I put the garbage cans, etc...

The worst part of it here is that there is so many people in this area... Like almost 3 million... That is more than some states. Going to work on snow covered roads was even a chore on Sunday... Still enough people on the road/expressway go get in each other's way. These long winters wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so densely populated. Salt just doesn't work @ these temps and I spun out on the off ramp to work on Sunday, was in 4 wheel w/the Jeep... Was 1/2 off in the ditch, put it in 4 low and pulled out... Others were not so lucky, thank goodness no car was behind me.

Looking forward to hearing from the southern contingent later this week....y'all are gonna be f***end....potentially

I'm in Columbia, sc. I work in a school and last night they had already made the call to cancel today because of the threat of snow/sleet/freezing rain. So far it's about 35 degrees, windy and overcast but that's it. They're calling for about a quarter inch of freezing rain and 3 inches of snow though. If we get it it'll be the first "significant" winter event since I moved down from Rochester in august 2012, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

From childhood to now this is by far the worst winter I have ever rembered.

Agreed. We have gotten off pretty good the last 4/5 years. This winter sucks. It is not so much the snow, it is just bitterly cold & windy. They were even saying the other day that the ski resorts are not even enjoying a great season because noone wants to go out in this cold weather. My son is in 4th grade & I don't think he has had a snow day in the past 3 years. He has had 5 already this year. One more & they say they going to have to extend the year on the backend. All of the snow days have not been because of snow, they have been because it is so cold. TThey had one today. The roads are clear but it is -0- degrees out. I laugh when people say this builds character. F*ck that. It is miserable here right now.

I work out at chestnut ridge park and the entire drive from amherst to OP i was using the force.. just guessing and hoping I was still driving on the road. But I love it and wish it was worse...

Were you here for the 7 feet? I would say those couple days were way worse than this entire winter combined.

Maybe but it all melted within the next few weeks. This cold doesn't seem like it is going to let up.

It's only -9 now... Going down to -20 or so tonight, high was -2. It doesn't feel that bad since we went through this all a couple of weeks ago. Shoveling in the morning w/a couple of hoodies on , sweat on knit beanie @ brow freezes like white frost. I was out for about 3 hours helping my neighbors. Only got an inch last night but some areas were drifted a couple to 4 feet, and where the plow dumps is nasty... Running out of real estate to put the snow... Will have to start depositing it where I put the garbage cans, etc...

The worst part of it here is that there is so many people in this area... Like almost 3 million... That is more than some states. Going to work on snow covered roads was even a chore on Sunday... Still enough people on the road/expressway go get in each other's way. These long winters wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so densely populated. Salt just doesn't work @ these temps and I spun out on the off ramp to work on Sunday, was in 4 wheel w/the Jeep... Was 1/2 off in the ditch, put it in 4 low and pulled out... Others were not so lucky, thank goodness no car was behind me.

Good for getting yourself out. Lol most people wuth suvs dont realize they can do that.... I always laugh on the inside when I see a perfectly capable 4wd suv just barely off the road and the driver sitting there not attempting to get out with a confused look.

But you have a jeep...so im sure you get it