Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherman showed little respect for the game last night. He made a fool of himself. And i bet a lot of his team mates are getting tired of his mouth.

Last year when the Ravens beat the Patriots i remember seeing someone shadowing Ray Lewis the last few minutes of the game and then right after the game. Almost like they where there to keep Ray under control. The end of a Championship game with adrenaline going can bring out the best and worse in people. Last night it brought out the worse in Sherman i think.

Doubtful, this a game where the object is to win by any means necessary. Sherman "Running his mouth" is another aspect of that any means necessary.

Gee Wiz… Some of you guys must have a boring life… Its just trash talking he didn't harm or kill anybody and its part of being competitive. Do you honestly think SF wasn't talking trash? Do you honestly think nobody in the NFL but Sherman talks trash? I hope not… Plus what bad timing (or was it good timing?) to put a mic in front of a guys face after he makes a play to send his team to the dance. Thats raw emotion which I enjoy more rather than the robotic PR bs that has to be read/said. Sherman is not an idiot by any means he went to Stanford and graduated in communications. If you notice how well he actually articulated that rant by looking directly into the camera and not using vulgar language. How well did he get his point across? I'd say he passed that test with flying colors... I will always side with real over fake but thats just me.

NOW FEED ME SKITTLES!!! lol...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Gee Wiz… Some of you guys must have a boring life… Its just trash talking he didn't harm or kill anybody and its part of being competitive. Plus what bad timing (or was it good timing?) to put a mic in front of a guys face after he makes a play to send his team to the dance. Thats raw emotion which I enjoy more rather than the robotic PR bs that has to be read/said. Sherman is not an idiot by any means he went to Stanford and graduated in communications. If you notice how well he actually articulated that rant by looking directly into the camera and not using vulgar language. How well did he get his point across? I'd say he passed that test with flying colors... I will always side with real over fake but thats just me.

Well said. My feelings for the most part.

Its obvious he and crabtree had some kind of beef going on prior/during the game. He spoke his mind. Hes not running for president. This is football. Its supposed to entertain us. Its not bounty gate. Nobody got hurt. He didnt even curse once during his rant. Very PG13.

Edited by bobobonators

I don't think Deion was a douche for it. I found it to be fun.

How many corners in the league today do you think grew up idolizing him? How many people idolized Michael Jordan? Tiger woods? (to cite your examples)

Sure some people didn't like them but most did because they were winners. Last night Sherman was a winner.

And again.

Gee Wiz… Some of you guys must have a boring life… Its just trash talking he didn't harm or kill anybody and its part of being competitive. Do you honestly think SF wasn't talking trash? Do you honestly think nobody in the NFL but Sherman talks trash? I hope not… Plus what bad timing (or was it good timing?) to put a mic in front of a guys face after he makes a play to send his team to the dance. Thats raw emotion which I enjoy more rather than the robotic PR bs that has to be read/said. Sherman is not an idiot by any means he went to Stanford and graduated in communications. If you notice how well he actually articulated that rant by looking directly into the camera and not using vulgar language. How well did he get his point across? I'd say he passed that test with flying colors... I will always side with real over fake but thats just me.

Thanks for checking in, Jim Rome. LOL

There are people bringing in that they think he said "M.O.B." - something to do with Bloods... and saying he's from Compton.

It's ridiculous. He was just being a douche. Don't bring race into it. When Brady's a douche, he's a douche, too. All dbags are created equal.

What did he say at the very end? Sounded like 3 initials..............I even watched a closed captioned version of this online somewhere but they skipped that part.

Now that is classless. Which ironically, is something Bills fans are known for at being the worst at.

Are you saying Bills fans are classless? If you are then they're (we're) the best at it. If we're the worst at being classless than we have the most class. B-)

What did he say at the very end? Sounded like 3 initials..............I even watched a closed captioned version of this online somewhere but they skipped that part.

L.O.B Legion Of Boom, the nickname for Seattle's Defense

But, you know... a black man yelled loudly towards me through a television, so he must be a monster and a thug, and I'm sure related to gangs somehow... oh, middle America... :rolleyes:

Edited by DrDareustein

It's entertainment, nothing more. The problem with poor fan behavior at Bills games has nothing to do with Richard Sherman. It is due to alcohol and the way fans abuse it before and at the game like never before.

If you are not entertained, then why watch? Or, if you must watch, why not just turn it on at kickoff and off as the clock hits 0:00?

Agree with this WEO. I don’t see why this is supposed to be that big of deal. Trash Talk has ALWAYS been in sports. The difference is the coverage of the game. Athletes misbehaved off the field back in the day. But there was no TV coverage in Babe Ruth’s day. In Mickey Mantle’s day the writers chose not to include his personal life into their pieces, the same as they did for many politicians.

Trash talk and bad behavior is not new. Just how much attention is paid has changed.

And BTW, Richard Sherman is far from a thug. He’s playing a violent game; an emotional game; against an arch-rival; against a specific player, Crabtree, he has a beef with; and here comes a camera thirty seconds after the game ends. TV got what they wanted. Sherman knows what they feed on. Nobody should act like they are surprised. Could he calm down a bit? Yeah, he could. But the guy didn’t kill anyone or rob anyone. No bar room brawls he’s in the middle of.

Sherman is very intelligent and will wind up laughing all the way to the bank of endorsements, while some continue to mischaracterize him as a thug. If Richard Sherman is accused by some on this board of being a thug, that person does not truly know what a thug is in today’s age.

Edited by purple haze

Agree with this WEO. I don’t see why this is supposed to be that big of deal. Trash Talk has ALWAYS been in sports. The difference is the coverage of the game. Athletes misbehaved off the field back in the day. But there was no TV coverage in Babe Ruth’s day. In Mickey Mantle’s day the writers chose not to include his personal life into their pieces, the same as they did for many politicians.

Trash talk and bad behavior is not new. Just how much attention is paid has changed.

And BTW, Richard Sherman is far from a thug. He’s playing a violent game; an emotional game; against an arch-rival; against a specific player, Crabtree, he has a beef with; and here comes a camera thirty seconds after the game ends. TV got what they wanted. Sherman knows what they feed on. Nobody should act like they are surprised. Could he calm down a bit? Yeah, he could. But the guy didn’t kill anyone or rob anyone. No bar room brawls he’s in the middle of.

Sherman is very intelligent and will wind up laughing all the way to the bank of endorsements, while some continue to mischaracterize him as a thug. If Richard Sherman is accused by some on this board of being a thug, that person does not truly know what a thug is in today’s age.

Yes, all this.

I would love to see what type of sound bite reporters would have gotten had they run up to Dick Butkus (for example) the second after a huge, hard fought, emotional win against a rival and stuck a mic in his face.

Yeah, the whole thing is silly, from both sides....people are really tripping over themselves to defend Shermans' boorish behavior, and condescendingly writing off anyone who thinks he acted like a petulant chid as "racist".

Also, I am all for chippiness and the likes on the field, it makes sense...but Sherman had about 10 minutes to collect himself before thinking about how he wanted to present himself to a national tv audience...he chose to come off like an egotistical, petty jerk...he may be a smart guy, but his Stanford education (another thing I have seen mentioned dozens of times today) is irrelevant. Jim Harbaugh coached there, and he may be the only person with a claim to being a bigger douche yesterday than Richard Sherman...

That said, I have seen your highlighted argument made numerous times since yesterday. But Sherman, himself, is guilty of the same thing. Today he is saying it was all emotions, it was loud, heat of the battle...yadda yadda yadda. Then he goes on to explain that his reaction, which came mintues later should be excused, because it was just retaliaton from him, because Crabtree pushed him after he extended his hand to shake it, as if to give condolence. Now that is funny...Crabtree, just moments earlier had a Super Bowl birth swiped out of his hands by a guy who he has been jawing with all afternoon..moments later, the dream crusher is padding him on the ass, and extending his hand....as Crabtree said afterwards "I am not a "made for tv guy"...that is what he is all about". I can hardly blame Crabtree, at that moment, for not wanting his ass tapped and having to shake the hand of the dude who just destroyed his season.

Speaking of endorsements...did anyone not see the headphone commerical, featuring Sherman, that was aired earlier in the game...this whole thing seems contrived...Sherman, before any of this happened yesterday, was already cashing in on the "victim" card. You know, the one with the Dr Dre song?

He is being mobbed by reporters, being jovial and pleasent with reporters, and then some off camera reporter asks him about his "reputation as thug"...at that point, victimized again by the evil media, he simply takes the hight road, puts on his nois cancelling headphones and tunes the world out...we live in a new world, where message boards and "twitter wars" are legit news sources... nothing wrong with what Richard Sherman said...but there is nothing wrong with somebody not caring for it either.

Edited by Buftex

BING!!!! And we have a winner… :worthy:

Maybe they think he's a thug cuz he's a 6'3 black guy with dreads and tats screaming L.O.B. at a 5'7 white lady with a mic in her hand.. LMAO… You must admit her reaction was hilarious she looked frighted like he was gonna turn into predator and blow her head off with a shoulder missile…

Yes, all this.

I would love to see what type of sound bite reporters would have gotten had they run up to Dick Butkus (for example) the second after a huge, hard fought, emotional win against a rival and stuck a mic in his face.

It really was about 10 mintues later...he had a lot more time to compose himself than Crabtree did...yet Sherman is patting him on the ass, and trying to make him shake his hand, seconds after the ball was intercepted.

Edited by Buftex

And BTW, Richard Sherman is far from a thug. He’s playing a violent game; an emotional game; against an arch-rival; against a specific player, Crabtree, he has a beef with; and here comes a camera thirty seconds after the game ends. TV got what they wanted. Sherman knows what they feed on. Nobody should act like they are surprised.

Uh, Erin Andrews did.

Maybe they think he's a thug cuz he's a 6'3 black guy with dreads and tats screaming L.O.B. at a 5'7 white lady with a mic in her hand.. LMAO… You must admit her reaction was hilarious she looked frighted like he was gonna turn into predator and blow her head off with a shoulder missile…

Bing - we have a loser who thinks the bolded part is great.

Nice stereotype job.

I don't care about any of that. It was bad sportsmanship. Bad sportsmanship is bad sportsmanship no matter who the bad sportsman is IMHO.

I'm really curious about those in this thread who are critical of Sherman who also would welcome the Bills drafting Manziel as the QB and the face of the franchise.

What does one thing have to do with the other? I never saw Manziel give an interview like that.