1. 1. Round 1

• Watkins
    • Dennard
    • Robinson
    • Mosley
    • Clinton-Dix
    • Ebron
    • Evans

Any team that doesn't want to be drafting 9th again next year. It's a lot easier to find a RT in FA than a skill player.

Just to be clear, your logic states that teams that draft RT early in the 1st round are destined to be bad and draft high again a year later?

Can't see a single flaw there with that kind of simple minded logic.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited 10:06 EST: Mike Evans has been added. You can delete your vote and revote if you wish.

DraftTek is running this week's mock and we can Grab players this week. I won't say who was taken in picks 1-8, but here is who's there at 9:

Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson

Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

Greg Robinson RT Auburn

C.J. Mosley OLB Alabama

Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama

Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

Based on the Bills' Positional Needs you voted on last week, the computer assigned us Sammy Watkins, the draft's #1 WR. I'm showing you the next 4 Value picks plus Dennard, who's there because Detroit has CB as its number one positional need.

Whom would the Bills take in this scenario? If they don't re-simulate it again, this will be the result for the Bills on this week's mock and will appear here..

No way Watkins falls but if he does that seems like another trade down opportunity.

Is love to see that happen.

He plays like a talented, fast Stevie Johnson.

If Watkins is there you kind of have to pull the trigger or hopefully find a trade down partner and pull an additional top 50 pick.

Just to be clear, your logic states that teams that draft RT early in the 1st round are destined to be bad and draft high again a year later?

No, I stated that it's easier to find a RT in FA than a skill player. You even quoted it!

I take It all back. I think Watkins looks good but after looking at Evans and Ebron, I'd rather have either of them.

Ebron is everything this team needs. He looks like Vernon Davis. Sign me up for that anyday. Chances are, Chandler is not resigned and we will have a huge hole at the TE position. I think that's the way they go in draft day.

No way Watkins falls but if he does that seems like another trade down opportunity.

If Watkins is there you kind of have to pull the trigger or hopefully find a trade down partner and pull an additional top 50 pick.

he does look really good and you couldn't knock anyone for pulling the trigger on him, and I think he'll be a very good player. I just like the possibilities of Evans or Ebron more.

No, I stated that it's easier to find a RT in FA than a skill player. You even quoted it!

You must have forgotten where you said you don't draft a RT at 9 unless you want to pick 9th again next year.

I quoted that part too in case you need to go back and refresh your memory.

For these guys to be available, there had to be some surprise picks 1-8, like a lot of questionable QBs. IF they are available at 9, trading down a bit makes sense. That said, I wouldn't mind them picking sure starters like Robinson, Watkins, Ebron or Mosely. Hope they can trade down.

I don't get the folks who are clamoring for a TE at 9. Shades of Johnny Mitchell and Kyle Brady loosely sandwiching Jeff Lageman.

Jeff Lageman played defense. I do not love the idea of a tight end but Ebron is at least a little intriguing. Mack & Watkins are the best options IMO. Those guys would make the largest impact.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Watkins shouldn't be on the list IMO. Doubtful he falls to us

This. If those are the guys on the board, draft Watkins or trade down. I think we'll be taking Robinson, lewan (ugh), Mosley or Evans/ebron.

Jeff Lageman played defense. I do not love the idea of a tight end but Ebron is at least a little intriguing. Mack & Watkins are the best options IMO. Those guys would make the largest impact.

Oh, I know Lageman was a LB. I'm speaking more to poor draft strategy trends.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ebron, but I don't understand the argument for reaching for anyone, much less a TE, based solely on positional need, when you have a top 10 pick.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Where's the LB love? I'd consider Mack or Barr if they're there, gotta be able to stop the run. Ideally if we could trade down to get Ebron in the middle of the round, then two picks in the second getting an OT and big WR (maybe Benjamin slides down?) Think we can wait til the 3rd for a LB, if Shayne Skov or Chris Borland are still available, but who knows...

I'd take Ebron, Benjamin, Skov... Wow! Is it May yet?!?

Watkins shouldn't be on the list IMO. Doubtful he falls to us

This. If those are the guys on the board, draft Watkins or trade down. I think we'll be taking Robinson, lewan (ugh), Mosley or Evans/ebron.

so you've narrowed it down to five or six players !

: )

I'd take Ebron, Benjamin, Skov... Wow! Is it May yet?!?

man yeah we would

To tell you the truth, there are a lot guys who will be available that I'd be happy with. I've barely considered the D-line, but Luis Nix wouldn't break my heart. He wouldn't be my first pick but you could do worse than a big space filler to stop the run. Cyril Richardson is another I'd be happy with. I know 9 is a little early for a G but he's got a rare blend of size and athleticism, which is exactly what we need at our greatest position of weakness.

Unless they're dead set on a particular WR I'd wait until the 2nd. There are a lot of quality prospects and at least one or two of them will be on the board when we pick in the second.

Oh, I know Lageman was a LB. I'm speaking more to poor draft strategy trends.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ebron, but I don't understand the argument for reaching for anyone, much less a TE, based solely on positional need, when you have a top 10 pick.

Oh, ok gotcha. I agree on teams reaching on positional needs. Outside of QB it never works.

To tell you the truth, there are a lot guys who will be available that I'd be happy with. I've barely considered the D-line, but Luis Nix wouldn't break my heart. He wouldn't be my first pick but you could do worse than a big space filler to stop the run. Cyril Richardson is another I'd be happy with. I know 9 is a little early for a G but he's got a rare blend of size and athleticism, which is exactly what we need at our greatest position of weakness.

Unless they're dead set on a particular WR I'd wait until the 2nd. There are a lot of quality prospects and at least one or two of them will be on the board when we pick in the second.

I'm high on both Nix and Richardson as well, though much like Ebron, I believe both would be a reach at 9. Any of the three would be an exceptional pick in the 18-26 range.