1. 1. Round 1

• Watkins
    • Dennard
    • Robinson
    • Mosley
    • Clinton-Dix
    • Ebron
    • Evans

It's a no brainer is Watkins is still there at 9, but if he isn't Ebron is a close second. For a young QB, have a big target like him running seam routes and working that middle of the field could improve our third down conversion percentage drastically.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have forgotten where you said you don't draft a RT at 9 unless you want to pick 9th again next year.

I quoted that part too in case you need to go back and refresh your memory.

That was an insinuation that well-managed front offices do not draft non-skill players that high. My apologies, I assumed you grasped that. Feel free to post your favorite statistical outlier that you incorrectly believe invalidates that statement. Nate Solder to the Pats, perhaps?

I voted Mosley. Bills can have a dominant defense if they had another three down LB next to Kiko. Mosley is that guy.

EJ’s best friend could be a dominant defense.

If not Mosley, then Robinson or Watkins would make me happy too.

Edited by purple haze

That was an insinuation that well-managed front offices do not draft non-skill players that high. My apologies, I assumed you grasped that. Feel free to post your favorite statistical outlier that you incorrectly believe invalidates that statement. Nate Solder to the Pats, perhaps?

Look at you trying backtrack now.

There's no need to go back and forth with you about it. What you said came across very clearly and now you want to argue semantics in attempt to change the meaning of what you said.

I don't mean to intrude on yall's argument, but are you saying good teams don't invest top picks on the lines?

I went Robinson. However, his recent rise up the charts into the top 10 has me thinking he won't be there now. He'll be the first tackle off the board. If so, I hope they trade back a couple spots and grab Ebron.

I don't mean to intrude on yall's argument, but are you saying good teams don't invest top picks on the lines?

I may be reading this incorrectly, but I believe what was stated is that anything other than a LT this high in the draft is a reach. Top centers, guards, and players profiling as right tackles usually fall and remain available towards the end of round one, beginning of round two.

I went Robinson. [/Quote]

As did I.

However, his recent rise up the charts into the top 10 has me thinking he won't be there now. He'll be the first tackle off the board.[/Quote]

You think he'll go ahead of Mathews? That would certainly shake up some draft boards.

If so, I hope they trade back a couple spots and grab Ebron.

I wouldn't be upset with this outcome.

Robinson, Watkins, Mosley in that order. I know it's Draftek so you cannot trade but with 98 Juniors coming out the value in this draft is in the second and the top half of the third rounds. I would want to trade down and get as many second and third round picks as I could. Watch New England they always do this and as a result they always seem to benefit from the next guy in no matter what happens.

I voted Mosley. Bills can have a dominant defense if they had another three down LB next to Kiko. Mosley is that guy.

EJ’s best friend could be a dominant defense.

If not Mosley, then Robinson or Watkins would make me happy too.

huge post of the day. With another small piece of the defense we could have a dominant top 5 defense.

Honestly, something were going to need in another year when we lose Pettine to a HC job.

With such high skill set players there I think itdnbe easy to find a trading partnert. I want TE. But can't justify such an early pick on Ebron.

We are in a tough place.

I dont think so. Ebron is talent. And what he brings to the table would help up immensely. Besides he is slated what? In the teens. We need a game changer and Watkins and Ebron might fit the bill

You think he'll go ahead of Mathews? That would certainly shake up some draft boards.

I wouldn't be upset with this outcome.

We should stick to this board instead of that other one...

Yes, Robinson may not be as good now, but he will be the better player in the very near future. He's a beast. He's already ahead of Mathews on some boards.

It's going to be another interesting draft for the Bills. If they don't get OT in the first, I hope they get one of the top guards in the 2nd.

I'd love a trade-down, because it's a little early to take TE or OG at 9.

That said, I turned in the name of SAMMY WATKINS, the draft's #1 receiver, into DraftTek, and Team Analysts will have until late Tuesday to comment on each pick. It should be here by Wed. morning.

Oh, I know Lageman was a LB. I'm speaking more to poor draft strategy trends.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ebron, but I don't understand the argument for reaching for anyone, much less a TE, based solely on positional need, when you have a top 10 pick.

So, because the Jets drafted bad players two decades ago, we shouldn't draft a tight end? That's a pretty strong case you make based on a legitimate data set.