1. 1. Round 1

• Watkins
    • Dennard
    • Robinson
    • Mosley
    • Clinton-Dix
    • Ebron
    • Evans

Edited 10:06 EST: Mike Evans has been added. You can delete your vote and revote if you wish.

DraftTek is running this week's mock and we can Grab players this week. I won't say who was taken in picks 1-8, but here is who's there at 9:

Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson

Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

Greg Robinson RT Auburn

C.J. Mosley OLB Alabama

Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama

Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

Based on the Bills' Positional Needs you voted on last week, the computer assigned us Sammy Watkins, the draft's #1 WR. I'm showing you the next 4 Value picks plus Dennard, who's there because Detroit has CB as its number one positional need.

Whom would the Bills take in this scenario? If they don't re-simulate it again, this will be the result for the Bills on this week's mock and will appear here..

Edited by Astrobot

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list gets me so excited for the draft! No way the Bills can pick a clunker. OL (Greg Robinson) or WR (Sammy Watkins) are my picks, in that order. Sammy Watkins is only listed as 6' 1" and 205 lbs. If he was a little bigger I would be more prone to pick him.

I ran across this article which compares Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins' metrics that's worth a read:

Where is Evans?

Goes to Green Bay at #21. I'd be happy to put him on this poll....Done. you can revote if you have already done so.

Edited by Astrobot

I was hearing one of the draft guys talk about Watkins saying that he's only listed as 6'1" but plays like he's 6'5" or taller. Said he's far and away the best WR in this draft and a real go up and get it type. Sign me up for that.

Barring any ability for us to drop back to #10 with Detroit, for maybe a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year if Dennard really is somebody they truly covet and we tell them we have a deal done with someone else below them who wants to come up and take this player that they want, I would be satisfied with either Watkins or Robinson.

We all know EJ needs tools so Watkins would help with that! and is an upgrade over whomever else they would be trying to run out on the field at WR... And Robinson is a unique option, because the Bills have held the position that you draft tackles, and if they do not succeed, they can be slid inside to perform at guard. I think that May be the fate for Hairston, who will fight Unga, incumbent Legursey, and another guard they take around the 5th round for depth, plus whatever UDFAs they bring in to compete.

My only issue with spending the #9 on a WR is that this draft is so heavy on WRs that we could get a quite good one in round 2, and address another need with a premium 1st round pick. However, if they feel like Watkins is a real special player, regardless of the talent drop off behind him, I say get him. If he can turn into a top 10 NFL WR, we make that move instead of just another guy who turns into just a nominal starter in the 2nd round.

First choice would be trade back for an additional second, but failing that, Robinson for me, big improvement to the line from day 1 and fills a significant need.

Target a tall WR or receiving TE, mauler at G, and a run stuffing LB rest of draft.

I picked Robinson but could just as easily have gone with Watkins or Mosley. I hesitate with Watkins because I don't know how well he fits what our offense is trying to do. There was a link in another thread that showed he catches more than half his passes behind the LOS on screen passes. I realize he's capable of running routes, but seeing as how we don't run a lot of WR screens I think he may be a poor fit for our offense seeing as how we rarely do that which he does best. Of course, I suppose it's also possible that we don't run a lot of WR screens b/c we don't have a Watkins type player, but I doubt it.

Watkins or Robinson

I'm not sure Mosley is the best LB in this draft. So I went with Dennard.

Why would you want a CB at 9 when they already have McKelvin, Gilmore, and Robey as top three corners?

I'm sure they will take a CB early in this draft but not at 9 with so many other holes to fill

The amount of people in this thread passing on Watkins simply because he is 6'1 is sad. Do some research. The dude days bigger than his body.

He highpoints the ball very well and will likely show elite leaping ability when testing comes along. He has both short area quickness and deep speed. He's going to be a star.