Bills sign WR Ramses Barden, 4 others to futures contracts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything in the timing of this that is unusual? Are other teams making similar moves now? Beyond showing that Whaley sees the need for taller WRs, anything else we can divine here?

Since we already have Johnson and Wood on our roster, it's obvious that we needed a Ramses.

Nice. Probably can read between the lines and see that there is no longer a need for Levitre.

kj

Exactly why do you think the price of pork bellies is going to keep going down, Mr. Weo?

Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

I like the idea of bringing in Barden if for nothing else than to have a big WR for the DBs to practice against. Around this time last year I suggested we look at Barden, Manny Lawson and a few others as low cost role players to bring in. At the time we were all clamoring for Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, and a one hit wonder by the name of Chad Kruger. Funny the difference a year makes.

Like Beerball said, it's a "possible win" and no loss situation for us. Nothing wrong with being in such a situation.

Another way to look at it:

Graham < Barden

Imo and my opinion only, he's already an upgrade over Graham without even stepping on the field and without me even seeing or remembering him play.

I like the idea of bringing in Barden if for nothing else than to have a big WR for the DBs to practice against. Around this time last year I suggested we look at Barden, Manny Lawson and a few others as low cost role players to bring in. At the time we were all clamoring for Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, and a one hit wonder by the name of Chad Kruger. Funny the difference a year makes.

Who's "we" kemosabe?

And Moses implored Ramses: "Let my people Go!"

That was Charleston Heston

Like Beerball said, it's a "possible win" and no loss situation for us. Nothing wrong with being in such a situation.

Another way to look at it:

Graham < Barden

Imo and my opinion only, he's already an upgrade over Graham without even stepping on the field and without me even seeing or remembering him play.

you really should reconsider an apology : )

That was Charleston Heston

you really should reconsider an apology : )

because Ramses et al of them spoke heiroglyphics not English you fool I,

@3rdand12 - No. Nomore apologies. Matter of fact, if we had drafted the way I thought 5 years ago, we would be in the superbowl this year.

My draft process is:

Draft any long blonde haired Caucasian who isn't a QB.

Draft any Hawaiian player in any position except RB.

Draft any player whose dad is a Hall of Famer (too much pressure to not become a bust)

And draft any player with a kickass last name. (NNicknames not accepted. We all know where "Tank" got us)

Oh and draft any player in any position who has a hot girlfriend/wife. Most likely he's a very focused and confident guy.

I'm really starting to like Ebron as our pick more and more. The only thing the Bills have neglected more than a QB is a TE. Of the 3 teams left, only 1 doesn't have a really good TE and the one who isn't really good was a former 1st rounder (Miller of Seattle).

Don't forget the Moeaki signing.

Since we already have Johnson and Wood on our roster, it's obvious that we needed a Ramses.

NICE!

After recently signing this was put on BBills.com:

“I’m excited man. I don’t even know where to start. It’s a fresh start, a new beginning. It feels new. I feel really, really grateful to have a job and be part of this organization and be part of a winning culture,” he said.

Either he thinks he signed w New England or he is little slow in the head. I get wanting to speak highly of your new team but cmon show a little discretion.

Lol, that's pretty funny. Good laugh in the morning. Maybe he thinks he's the piece to turn it all around? Or maybe he's like ESPN, and doesnt pay attention enough to know the facts about the Bills. I wonder if he's "Marshawned", you know, he thinks he's playing in NYC.

Cheer up! At least the stoners and proponents of bad-boy Bills have Willie Jefferson's signing to cling to.

He's so bad, he smoked weed as an un-drafted rookie Linebacker for the Houston Texans and was cut.

Nothing new - he was a Wide Receiver at Baylor who got kicked off the team for testing positive several times.

Go Bills!