Trent Edwards in Congo?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now we know what happens to old players' jerseys when the Bills store can't seem to sell any more of them. There must be a lot of ex-Bills quarterbacks over there.

Along with all those Super Bowl Champions hats and shirts for the losing team that get produced before the big game!

During NBC's coverage of the coup in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, this priceless image was captured:

post-24069-0-73249600-1389885337_thumb.jpg

Awesome first post and find! How in the heck did you happen to come across this image.

It appears as if he's about to be sacked, but I bet he hits the quick dumpoff guy on the far left side of the picture.

Trent's reaching out to Roscoe Parrish.

NPR's show Planet Money did a fascinating three part show on the life of a tshirt The first two episodes told of how it was materials were gathered, it was sewed, distributed, etc in Bangledesh, amongst other places. It was truly global in scope.

The third episode told the story of a man in his mid-20s who donated his old HS lacrosse jersey #5 to Goodwill. Fast forward a few years, he goes on a humanitarian mission to Africa, and sees someone wearing his old Jersey! The episode then explains how Tshirts donated take on a whole new life after they leave goodwill, etc. Goodwill ships off unsold clothes to say Congo. A man goes and picks out what shirts he thinks would sell, and pays about $1 a shirt. Problem is Americans are XXL, and Africans are M. So someonecuts the sides off the shirt, and makes .10 cents a shirt. Then a seamstress sews the shirt back together for .12 cents, often with scrap fabric from another shirt. It takes on a whole new supply chain. The shirt is then sold for say $2. And the tshirts are a hipsters dream. Motorhead, Jen's Bar Mitzvah, Tony's Pizza, and yes, even Trent Edwards are some of the tshirts you might see...

Edited by Pete

Along with all those Super Bowl Champions hats and shirts for the losing team that get produced before the big game!

The Onion's parody atlas used that as the theme for one of the African countries, with one caption reading: "the Buffalo Bills were a dynasty in this region"

Awesome first post and find! How in the heck did you happen to come across this image.

Trent's reaching out to Roscoe Parrish.

Longtime lurker and thought this picture would be appreciated here. My girlfriend's coworker snapped a picture of her television when Trentative's jersey flashed over the screen, we had a pretty good laugh

While still in college, Bill Walsh recommended him to lead a revolt to rebel leaders in the Congo...

This is like the third post in this thread that I burst out laughing.

Great stuff, guys.

(By the way, I think the dude in the picture is pretty quick to check down to the tank standing 1 yard in front of him).

This picture was taken by me of my television. It was Friday on NBC. I put it on my facebook and a friend asked me if they could put it on their twitter (and they have a good number of followers I think). Same angle of the TV, precise moment.

I was watching and Im like "Was that a Trent Edwards jersey?" My wife: "Who?" I rewound it and found that I did in fact see it. She thought I was crazy for snapping a picture, but I thought I was crazy later when I regretted not getting a better one.

Edited by May Day 10