Trent Edwards in Congo?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing. I bet there are lots of people in the Congo that also think the Bills won 4x Super Bowls in a row too.

I heard that the analytics department found that, after southern ontario, our biggest jump in ticket sales is from Kinshasa, Congo. Folks are willing to pay 3 million CFA francs for a ticket there, per Russ.

One time a bunch of years ago, there was some unrest in Mexico... Low and behold, one dude was wearing a Sabres jersey on TV! LoL... Was the "goat head."

Is this where old merch goes to die? Third-world countries? Somewhere in Africa, somebody is running around with 4 Bills Super Bowl champ t-shirts and thinking that they were the greatest team ever in American football! LoL

See folks, we are not so bad afterall!

I threw my No. 5 jerseys in the Salvation Army box. I always wondered where they would end up.

ROTFLMAO!

Amazing. I bet there are lots of people in the Congo that also think the Bills won 4x Super Bowls in a row too.

Yeah, But they are questioning why their second, third, & fourth t-shirt, in a set of four, doesn't say: Repeat, Three-Peat, & Four-Peat.

I think they are on to us!

;-P

NPR's show Planet Money did a fascinating three part show on the life of a tshirt The first two episodes told of how it was materials were gathered, it was sewed, distributed, etc in Bangledesh, amongst other places. It was truly global in scope.

The third episode told the story of a man in his mid-20s who donated his old HS lacrosse jersey #5 to Goodwill. Fast forward a few years, he goes on a humanitarian mission to Africa, and sees someone wearing his old Jersey! The episode then explains how Tshirts donated take on a whole new life after they leave goodwill, etc. Goodwill ships off unsold clothes to say Congo. A man goes and picks out what shirts he thinks would sell, and pays about $1 a shirt. Problem is Americans are XXL, and Africans are M. So someonecuts the sides off the shirt, and makes .10 cents a shirt. Then a seamstress sews the shirt back together for .12 cents, often with scrap fabric from another shirt. It takes on a whole new supply chain. The shirt is then sold for say $2. And the tshirts are a hipsters dream. Motorhead, Jen's Bar Mitzvah, Tony's Pizza, and yes, even Trent Edwards are some of the tshirts you might see...

Then there are the douchebag's breaking the cycle:

Jim Harbaugh... He buys khakis for 8 bucks @ Walmart for game day and his wife throws them away after the game.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1580733

"...“I’ve thrown them away many of times. I’ve asked him, Please, pleats are gone, wear flat-front (pants). He’s got a flattering body,” she said Tuesday of the 50-year-old former quarterback."

I heard that the analytics department found that, after southern ontario, our biggest jump in ticket sales is from Kinshasa, Congo. Folks are willing to pay 3 million CFA francs for a ticket there, per Russ.

Can an annual 'home' game in Kinshasa be in the works?

kj

Longtime lurker and thought this picture would be appreciated here. My girlfriend's coworker snapped a picture of her television when Trentative's jersey flashed over the screen, we had a pretty good laugh

Great find! And it only took them a few minutes to find the camera (as noted on the Direct TV DVR)! Quick on the draw!

NPR's show Planet Money did a fascinating three part show on the life of a tshirt The first two episodes told of how it was materials were gathered, it was sewed, distributed, etc in Bangledesh, amongst other places. It was truly global in scope.

The third episode told the story of a man in his mid-20s who donated his old HS lacrosse jersey #5 to Goodwill. Fast forward a few years, he goes on a humanitarian mission to Africa, and sees someone wearing his old Jersey! The episode then explains how Tshirts donated take on a whole new life after they leave goodwill, etc. Goodwill ships off unsold clothes to say Congo. A man goes and picks out what shirts he thinks would sell, and pays about $1 a shirt. Problem is Americans are XXL, and Africans are M. So someonecuts the sides off the shirt, and makes .10 cents a shirt. Then a seamstress sews the shirt back together for .12 cents, often with scrap fabric from another shirt. It takes on a whole new supply chain. The shirt is then sold for say $2. And the tshirts are a hipsters dream. Motorhead, Jen's Bar Mitzvah, Tony's Pizza, and yes, even Trent Edwards are some of the tshirts you might see...

Where I work we actually buy what we call "t-shirt rags" in 25 lb bags for use as shop rags. They are cut up old t-shirts. I swear some of them are the cut out sides you mention.