no charges in IRS investigation?

Azalin

its so easy setting him up. But it is an honest question. One I'd like anyone dare answer. It really can't be

It's very likely a combination of all the things you mention. Just like the initial order to give extra scrutiny to conservative groups was likely never said as such. Or that Christie never actually told Kelly to close down bridge lanes. But subordinates know the executive's intentions.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's very likely a combination of all the things you mention. Just like the initial order to give extra scrutiny to conservative groups was likely never said as such. Or that Christie never actually told Kelly to close down bridge lanes. But subordinates know the executive's intentions.

True.

August 9, 2010: "Right now all around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads... And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation" - President Obama

August 21, 2010: “You don’t know if it’s a foreign-controlled corporation... The only people who don’t want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide.” - President Obama

In October 2010, Obama ramped up the wattage and declared that conservative tax-exempt groups represented a “threat to our democracy.”

Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups ?

True.

August 9, 2010: "Right now all around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads... And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation" - President Obama

August 21, 2010: “You don’t know if it’s a foreign-controlled corporation... The only people who don’t want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide.” - President Obama

In October 2010, Obama ramped up the wattage and declared that conservative tax-exempt groups represented a “threat to our democracy.”

Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups ?

The performance and evaluation scale, as well as the reporting structure, of the IRS makes the "rogue agent" explaination unplausable.

I just have a hard time believing the ones at the bottom just go along with it. At least in the FBI. Any and all agents I have met - bout a dozen or more - are all Republican/conservative.

In my rather copious government experience, the executives rarely even know their own intentions.

I just have a hard time believing the ones at the bottom just go along with it. At least in the FBI. Any and all agents I have met - bout a dozen or more - are all Republican/conservative.

The field agents, if given the full docket would have probably kept digging. But we don't know the scope of the investigation, and judging by who was not interviewed in the investigation, my guess is that the scope was very very narrow.

The field agents, if given the full docket would have probably kept digging. But we don't know the scope of the investigation, and judging by who was not interviewed in the investigation, my guess is that the scope was very very narrow.

"Were you a bad boy?"

"No!"

"...okay, good enough for me. Write it up."

What, are you classically conditioning him?

in an effort to conduct any kind of actual dialogue, I decided to try to lean to speak 'cat toy' so I could come down to his level.

Lol, now you are telling your little suck up what to say. :lol:

eek.

post-88-0-75520100-1389980399_thumb.jpg

in an effort to conduct any kind of actual dialogue, I decided to try to lean to speak 'cat toy' so I could come down to his level.

eek.

Come down to my level? Seriously, I don't recall you ever saying anything that isnt simply an insult, or an suck up response to Tom. See above for an example You are the bottom level!

Come down to my level? Seriously, I don't recall you ever saying anything that isnt simply an insult, or an suck up response to Tom. See above for an example You are the bottom level!

You do realize that people are entirely capable of realizing without my input that you're an idiot, right?

You do realize that people are entirely capable of realizing without my input that you're an idiot, right?

Yes, but the DC Tom Idiocy Seal of Approval is well respected in the online community. Probably more respected than a Nobel Prize cuz, y'know, they pretty much hand those out to anyone and your vetting processing is a little more strict.

Fine, but it would be nice if they would at least try and frame some sort of rational thoughts so I can show them them how stupid they are, but they are too much of cowards to put anything out there. Your little sucks ups like az and maecca never contribute anything but insults. Zero calorie posters. I'd be banned if I did that, but those parasites get a free pass. I think they love you so much that when I smash up your idiotic arguments they seriously get hurt. That's sad!

Yes, but the DC Tom Idiocy Seal of Approval is well respected in the online community. Probably more respected than a Nobel Prize cuz, y'know, they pretty much hand those out to anyone and your vetting processing is a little more strict.

See what I mean!!

Your problem is your belief system is really fouled up. I have come across others with similar positions to yours on many issues and I frankly don't know how people living in this country can grow to be adults with their eyes and ears open and have the views they have. I suppose we are all products of our environments, our attitudes and our efforts. On this particular topic, there should be no less than 100% agreement (which includes you and me and everyone else here) that the people that carried out the IRS discrimination against conservative groups should be fired and questioned under oath as to who put them up to the act. Then those that put them up to it should also be terminated. Using the IRS as a political tool is a shameful act, and in comparison is substantially more damning than Watergate. All of us as American citizens should agree on that.

Your problem is your belief system is really fouled up. I have come across others with similar positions to yours on many issues and I frankly don't know how people living in this country can grow to be adults with their eyes and ears open and have the views they have. I suppose we are all products of our environments, our attitudes and our efforts. On this particular topic, there should be no less than 100% agreement (which includes you and me and everyone else here) that the people that carried out the IRS discrimination against conservative groups should be fired and questioned under oath as to who put them up to the act. Then those that put them up to it should also be terminated. Using the IRS as a political tool is a shameful act, and in comparison is substantially more damning than Watergate. All of us as American citizens should agree on that.

Oh, stop sucking up to me. [sic]

You conveniently forget my early attempts at any kind of dialogue with you, which were met with nothing more than leftist platitudes peppered with gouts of Al Sharpton - level prejudice. A dialogue requires more than tossing out talking points in an effort to get the last word. You've already demonstrated to everyone here that you're not interested in thinking....only arguing. At that point, discussion ends.

If you haven't yet noticed, partisans always get hammered here. Political philosophy is infinitely more nuanced than partisan bickering. Most of the people here are what I consider to be more or less right of center, but despite that, they disagree with each other all the time. This is not a place where everyone thinks the same way, and in my opinion, it ruins it when someone continually interjects with statements that sound like they're being read from a transcription of a recent Barbara Streisand interview.

You make the mistake of assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is automatically either a conservative, a republican, or both. You won't find many enthusiastic Obama supporters here, but neither will you find many fans of GW Bush. Until you understand that real issues are not solved by purely partisan-defined ideals, then you're experience here will likely continue to be a contentious one.

It's the ability to see what someone else believes, and to see them have to back it up. If you say something, don't try to defend it by brushing aside criticism as nothing more than rants from a bunch of Ozark moonshiners. You end the chance for any real dialogue when you do.

And if I happen to sound like Tom, it's likely because we both give you crap. Still, since I'm probably older than Tom is, it would be more accurate to say that it's he that sounds like me.

Edited by Azalin

Your problem is your belief system is really fouled up.

Thats according to you. Your opinion is not fact. That's why we debate things in this country. I consider the positions of many on this board wrong, too. So be it. Many of you seem to me to be victims of group think, almost a mob mentality of government bad, Obama bad, whatever. And when I point out the insanity of some of your positions some of you go nuts like Tom just jumping in and screaming like a two year old "You are dumb" and then his minions start their zero calorie posts of insults but they don't even know what they are criticizing. Not sayin you do that, or chef, or even tasker and a few others, even 3rding tries--you guys actually back up you positions--but it seems to me a politics board should be about discussion, even if it gets nasty--hey, that's fun too--and not just a Conservative circle jerk.

Y in thinking....only

And if I happen to sound like Tom, it's likely because we both give you crap. Still, since I'm probably older than Tom is, it would be more accurate to say that it's he that sounds like me.

I cut out what you wrote just so I can reply on my iPad, nothing to do with content. Ummmm....no, I don't see you guys as partisan like political party partisans more like talk radio Conservative nonsense. And if you think I'm a party line Liberal you are not paying attention.

Thats according to you. Your opinion is not fact. That's why we debate things in this country. I consider the positions of many on this board wrong, too. So be it. Many of you seem to me to be victims of group think, almost a mob mentality of government bad, Obama bad, whatever. And when I point out the insanity of some of your positions some of you go nuts like Tom just jumping in and screaming like a two year old "You are dumb" and then his minions start their zero calorie posts of insults but they don't even know what they are criticizing. Not sayin you do that, or chef, or even tasker and a few others, even 3rding tries--you guys actually back up you positions--but it seems to me a politics board should be about discussion, even if it gets nasty--hey, that's fun too--and not just a Conservative circle jerk.

I cut out what you wrote just so I can reply on my iPad, nothing to do with content. Ummmm....no, I don't see you guys as partisan like political party partisans more like talk radio Conservative nonsense. And if you think I'm a party line Liberal you are not paying attention.

Why don't you tell us where you differ from the run of the mill liberal?

Why don't you tell us where you differ from the run of the mill liberal?

On fracking, for example. I didn't think the redskins name is offensive, I don't hate corporations or capitalism, I love them, I didn't think iraq war was about oil, and many other things.

How about you? What do you disagree with Conservatives about?

On fracking, for example. I didn't think the redskins name is offensive, I don't hate corporations or capitalism, I love them, I didn't think iraq war was about oil, and many other things.

How about you? What do you disagree with Conservatives about?

I am a conservative in the fiscal and constituitonal areas and wish the fundamentalists would back off. I personally don't believe in abortion but that's easy for me to claim since I'm a male. I don't pretend to tell other people what's right for them but am against late term abortions.

annoying that this story will be used to put doubt on the credibility of the FBI when they likely had nothing to little tondo with investigating because they were probably kept off of it and only given bits and pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

A "declaration of war on free speech."

IRS rules change seen as limiting free speech for nonprofit organizations

Conservative groups are mounting a major resistance effort against the Internal Revenue Service’s post-tea party targeting scandal rules, which are designed to clamp down on outside groups’ ability to organize as nonprofits and still play a role in political conversations.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell fired a major shot Thursday, taking to the chamber floor to say the rules amount to a declaration of war on free speech and vowing the GOP will try to block them.

Read more: http://www.washingto.../#ixzz2rz1U8J1d