I'm drinking a colonoscopy cocktail tonight...

The Poojer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...what a piece of cake of a procedure. They put the Michael Jackson drug onto my I.V. I asked if it was supposed to burn then I was in recovery... All checked ok...couple pockets of diverticulitis but he wasn't concerned. And there are ZERO after effects save for some farts. I encourage everyone to take care of this on schedule. The worst part is drinking the solution the night before.

Last one i had was never fully out. Watched it on the monitor, and at one point told the Doc may need some more juice as i was starting to feel it a bit...not painful but just pressure.

Me and the guy next to me making joyful music in recovery...lordy those farts are loud but no smell. Came home, ate large breakfast, had a 3 hour nap...good to go!

Good luck. Your butt will feel like you had anal sex with Horse for the next several days

You've experienced a horse in this way?

Wow...what a piece of cake of a procedure. They put the Michael Jackson drug onto my I.V. I asked if it was supposed to burn then I was in recovery... All checked ok...couple pockets of diverticulitis but he wasn't concerned. And there are ZERO after effects save for some farts. I encourage everyone to take care of this on schedule. The worst part is drinking the solution the night before.

I guess next year is my year. Glad all is OK for you.

Good news Pooj! What is "on schedule?" 50 years old/40 with family history of colon cancer?

you Fed up Pooj. You mix it with gatorate and pound the entire thing in one sitting, otherwise, you'll never get it all down...

That is a great tip. I remember having a terrible time nailing it all. Is it okay w/the doctor if you mix w/Gatorade?

Great to hear, Pooj! and good on ya for gittin 'er done!

Honestly they very well have told me they did the procedure... I feel nothing at all different down there.

Exiled...they say you should do it at 50...now they told me in ten years for another one. Of course if you have family history you should talk to your doctor.

Well, is your butt good and tight or is the feeling that a large hard salami could slip right up it without any oil?

Last one i had was never fully out. Watched it on the monitor, and at one point told the Doc may need some more juice as i was starting to feel it a bit...not painful but just pressure.

Me and the guy next to me making joyful music in recovery...lordy those farts are loud but no smell. Came home, ate large breakfast, had a 3 hour nap...good to go!

I was fully awake for mine. They did an endoscopy at the same time seeing I was having throat issues. I asked if they were going to drill a golden spike in the middle. I went out after had lunch and a beer. Just another party day.

Edited by Chef Jim

Good news Pooj! What is "on schedule?" 50 years old/40 with family history of colon cancer?

That is a great tip. I remember having a terrible time nailing it all. Is it okay w/the doctor if you mix w/Gatorade?

People should consult with their General Practitioner about guidelines. I think most folks should have one at age 50.

After that, you follow your Gastroenterologist's recommendations based on his findings... nothing, polyps, diverticulitis, watch, gerbils, etc.

For me it was a 5 year follow up to my first one because he found (benign) polyps. Had an endoscope the first time, but wasn't needed on the follow up. Next "on schedule" for me is 7 years.

Everybody's different.

Be healthy y'all.

mead...are you going to a doctors office or one of those 'bath houses' to get your procedure done. i felt absolutely nothing and even afterwards, they honestly could have done nothing and told me they did.

I get it done every 5 years. I don't like that day after feeling. Feels like I was butt raped by 50 TBS wallers. Takes a month to feel normal.

mead...are you going to a doctors office or one of those 'bath houses' to get your procedure done. i felt absolutely nothing and even afterwards, they honestly could have done nothing and told me they did.

Great Meadow in Comstock, NY.

Where was your IV?

I think he was referring to the red-azz rectal/anal ring-of-fire that is the by-product of sitting on-and-off the terlit for 12 or so hours while the cleansing salt concoction flushes yer innards.

By far the prep is the worst part of the procedure these days, and it is hideous. Propofol doesn't just make the procedure painless, it seems to happen in a twinkling. But the prep...yech!