The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Lots of takes...............

AVIK ROY: House GOP’s Obamacare Replacement Will Make Coverage Unaffordable For Millions — Otherwise, It’s Great.

The GOP replacement for Obamacare.................Usefully depicted in chart form at the NYT.

Trump embraces GOP Obamacare replacement: ‘Our wonderful new Healthcare Bill’
yahoo.com ^ |

What We have is RINO-Care: A more insolvent version of Obamacare ... except this time GOP owns it

You know what is comical/tragic?

This thread has 3500 posts from this board so eager to shout from the hilltops the travesty of the ACA.....

Well your team has finally put the solution out.....and you have crickets....LABILLZ?....zero

Pretty much like I have been saying for 10 years....the GOP is bankrupt and so are most of the posters here.....

This thread has 3500 posts from this board so eager to shout from the hilltops the travesty of the ACA.....

Well your team has finally put the solution out.....and you have crickets....LABILLZ?....zero

Pretty much like I have been saying for 10 years....the GOP is bankrupt and so are most of the posters here.....

You mindless dolt. I'm taking the time later to look it over WITHOUT relying on what everyone else thinks to do my bidding.

I recognize you are unable to process individual thought, but it works for me, so you'll need to be patient.

What I do know is pretty much the entire conservative side of the world hates it. Quite frankly, if they don't genuinely do what they said they'd do -- repeal and replace -- I'm not going to like it much either.

Meanwhile, please log in as Tiberius and play with Chef Jim while I do my homework.

LOL...........same old Baskin................leap before you look

Is the AHCA ‘DOA’? Conservative groups come out swinging against ‘Obamacare Lite’

Conservative groups blast GOP healthcare plan

Edited by B-Man

Wrong. There is a reason that this thread is titled TACA II.

The GOP needs work but at least in this last election cycle ran and won on addressing some of the big problems we have. Certainly the ACA needs a do-over. The others: border security/illegal immigration, growing the economy and jobs, national security, fiscal responsibility and tax reform are at least being discussed and the work is beginning. I still don't know what the Dems see as the top priorities but if they are things like BLM, amnesty in some form for illegal immigrants and continued open borders, preserving the ACA as it is, transgender bathroom rights, climate change and a $15 minimum wage, well they won't find enough voters who think those are the most important items. Election results at the state and federal level pretty much validate this along with a lot of facts and numbers.

As for the ACA, It's hard to say now what will get enacted as I'm sure that this we get batted around for months before anything is finalized.

Edited by keepthefaith

The brewing conservative/libertarian consensus seems to be that the GOP bill would modestly improve on some of ObamaCare’s faults, but does nothing to address the underlying (and government-created) maladies which add so much to health care’s expense.

PETER SUDERMAN: The GOP’s Obamacare Repeal Bill Is Here. Is This Just Obamacare Lite?

e believe that Obamacare should be repealed and replaced with policies that enable Americans to make their own decisions about what sort of health insurance to buy, and that their options should include low-premium coverage that protects them against the risk of major financial setbacks resulting from health care. The legislation released last night by House Republicans is, even on the most charitable reading, only a first step toward that goal.
It does not repeal all of Obamacare, leaving many of its regulations in place. The apparent rationale for this omission is that eliminating the regulations would subject the legislation to a fatal Senate filibuster. We have recommended that Republicans defang the regulations by replacing Obamacare’s subsidies with a simple new tax credit that people could use to buy insurance governed by a new, lighter regulatory regime. That way Obamacare’s regulations would stay on the books but no longer hinder consumer choice. But Republicans shrank from this option, too.
We disagree with this tactical decision, which places Senate parliamentary rules — or, rather, places guesses about how those rules would operate — ahead of good health policy and making good on longstanding party promises. It also seems to us that Republicans would be better off rallying behind a bill in which they really believe, even if Democrats kill it with a filibuster, than trying and failing to enact a bill that they support only tepidly. That second outcome may now take place.

For everybody convinced the GOP will never pass this, remember how the ACA went down.
The correct answer, IMO, is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone who thought you could repeal a 7-year old, 3000-page bill all at once is an idiot.

Trump has never been interested in a straight repeal. People who were interested in a straight repeal lost. And were begged to vote Trump.

This bill makes a lot more sense in light of the “three phase” strategy we're now being told about.

DDdeli3_bigger.jpgDavid M. Drucker @DavidMDrucker 45m45 minutes ago

The American Work in Progress Act.

:lol:

So, about that lockstep GOP that goes along with whatever Trump wants!..........Remember this was one of the reasons that I gave for voting for a lightweight politician like Donald.

The GOP Congress would keep him in check while a GOP congress would have cowered and done whatever Hillary wanted.

The health bill that has been put on the table is a good starting place.

Much to the dismay of many on the further right side of the conservative wing, the bill initially will begin to move slightly more to the right and by the time its all said and done, if indeed they get 60 votes on some of the provisions of the finality of their plan, it will swing further to the left than where it began. Which means more funding for tax credits and pre ex along with more means testing. They will most likely lower the upper tier of the income threshold to try to bring down the cost of the bill.

The starting point is better than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to start off much further to the right which of course would doom any possibility of there being any bipartisanship. Where it is right now with some coaxing, political pressure on red state Dems and maybe some purple state ones along with a concession or two to the left, I think there is a chance they could pick off some Dems.

I'm encouraged.

Anyone who thought you could repeal a 7-year old, 3000-page bill all at once is an idiot.

But Ted Cruz/Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus says they could do it just like that.

"On day one " bla bla bla

Interesting. Subsides vs. tax credits. I have to imagine that there will be a thousand and one more details to be worked out, also. But if they can get past the main sticking points they might actually take ownership of the health insurance system. God bless them

they'll have to pass it and accept it before they read and divy them out

Lots of takes...............

AVIK ROY: House GOP’s Obamacare Replacement Will Make Coverage Unaffordable For Millions — Otherwise, It’s Great.

The GOP replacement for Obamacare.................Usefully depicted in chart form at the NYT.

Trump embraces GOP Obamacare replacement: ‘Our wonderful new Healthcare Bill’

yahoo.com ^ |

What We have is RINO-Care: A more insolvent version of Obamacare ... except this time GOP owns it

Avik Roy, who I consider to be one of the better minds when it comes to healthcare, says:

Expanding subsidies for high earners, and cutting health coverage off from the working poor: it sounds like a left-wing caricature of mustache-twirling, top-hatted Republican fat cats. But not today.

So you have the more conservative wing of the GOP which thinks that advanced tax credits shouldn't be given and Avik Roy who thinks they aren't generous enough for large swaths of the population. Of course we know what the left wingers want.

I think they aren't too far off of the sweet spot. If it they get a few Dems, they will have to go just a little further to the left.

At the end of the day, it's already looking better than what we have now.

The health bill that has been put on the table is a good starting place.

Much to the dismay of many on the further right side of the conservative wing, the bill initially will begin to move slightly more to the right and by the time its all said and done, if indeed they get 60 votes on some of the provisions of the finality of their plan, it will swing further to the left than where it began. Which means more funding for tax credits and pre ex along with more means testing. They will most likely lower the upper tier of the income threshold to try to bring down the cost of the bill.

The starting point is better than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to start off much further to the right which of course would doom any possibility of there being any bipartisanship. Where it is right now with some coaxing, political pressure on red state Dems and maybe some purple state ones along with a concession or two to the left, I think there is a chance they could pick off some Dems.

I'm encouraged.

Good read.

I agree that the other two "phases" will probably make it even better to those who were repelled by all the Government mandates (taxes?) :lol:

Mark Sanford favorably citing Spicer's reference to bill as "work in progress" and says it is "an opening bid" for conservatives to counter

I guess I'll repeat this...................

Repeal-Problms.jpeg?resize=580%2C413

While the media and Beltway is in an uproar..........the public is fine.

C6VwsNZWgAAI2UR.jpg.......Click on to enlarge

Part of the GOP’s plan involves reducing state Medicaid costs, a program that gives low-income individuals and families access to health coverage that was expanded under Obamacare in many states. But what is the GOP plan’s numero uno idea for cutting state Medicaid costs? Taking on, you know, your everyday lottery winner or, more technically, "letting states disenroll high dollar lottery winners.” I feel better about this bill already.

If that seems absurd, just know that the word lottery was mentioned 11 times in the GOP health care plan. The important issue of Medicaid got equal attention with 11 mentions. A full six pages of the 60-plus page bill were devoted to lottery winnings. Lottery winnings! Essentially, the GOP bill's big idea on this—to which it devoted nearly 10 percent of its attention—is figuring out ways to make sure lottery-winners on Medicaid can't cheat the system. Seriously. The bill goes on and on and on to stipulate under which circumstances the state can declare you no longer in need of—nor entitled to—Medicaid.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/06/gop_health_plan_preoccupied_with_lottery_winners_on_medicaid.html

Well...

This is DOA, and is nearly as ill-conceived as what it's replacing anyway. This should be scrapped, and a largely market based solution should be implemented.

Given the Democrats won't play ball, the talking point of Republicans should be a non-stop "We aren't willing to circumvent Constitutional processes like the Democrats did to foist the ACA on you. Here is our plan:" and lay out a plan and how it works.

Then stump with "replace Senate Democrats who are blocking your access to healthcare." while the ACA crumbles around them.

Keep the ACA as an issue until the mid-terms, and solve the problem with a true libertarian/conservative solution in 2 years with a super majority in the Senate.

This is DOA, and is nearly as ill-conceived as what it's replacing anyway. This should be scrapped, and a largely market based solution should be implemented.

Given the Democrats won't play ball, the talking point of Republicans should be a non-stop "We aren't willing to circumvent Constitutional processes like the Democrats did to foist the ACA on you. Here is our plan:" and lay out a plan and how it works.

Then stump with "replace Senate Democrats who are blocking your access to healthcare." while the ACA crumbles around them.

Keep the ACA as an issue until the mid-terms, and solve the problem with a true libertarian/conservative solution in 2 years with a super majority in the Senate.

Please do that!! Please!!

3m

Bernie Sanders‏ @SenSanders

Republican priorities are clear: throw millions off health care, raise coverage costs and destroy Medicaid to give tax cuts to the wealthy.