Personnel Decisions Looming for Bills in 2015

YoloinOhio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dareus would deserve a deal. Freddie Jackson would likely be retiring. Aaron Williams has been up and down, he could be retained but I doubt its for notable money. Same with Jerry Hughes as a role player and not a full-time starter.

Spiller is a big name guy who will want big time money and isnt worth it. He isn't even the go to back on the team.

We should take a late round RB this draft and next and find a serviceable back. There is no need to take one in the 1st round, basically ever.

dareus won't be a free agent until '16 at the earliest - if they don't get a long term deal done before May '14 they will pick up his '15 option ($7M) at that deadline

that being said, they should be busting their asses to get that deal done, not twiddling their thumbs. yes he's immature, but he's a player. the closer he gets to free agency (and even that $7M one year deal) the more tempting it will be for him to leave. leaving it until april to start talking will give away a lot of leverage.

dareus won't be a free agent until '16 at the earliest - if they don't get a long term deal done before May '14 they will pick up his '15 option ($7M) at that deadline

that being said, they should be busting their asses to get that deal done, not twiddling their thumbs. yes he's immature, but he's a player. the closer he gets to free agency (and even that $7M one year deal) the more tempting it will be for him to leave. leaving it until april to start talking will give away a lot of leverage.

I think, because of this, they will not extend him beyond his 1 year built in extension option. Marrone will probably like to see him get a little more mature. That's just my opinion on the subject. :thumbsup:

I've been saying for a while now that I don't think Spiller is the type of back Marrone prefers and fully expect them to draft a back somewhat high this year. I am a huge Spiller fan but wouldn't be surprised if they traded him

Fred will be around as long as he is productive

That article is dead on about Dareus. Great when he wants to be but there are obvious issues with him

A.Williams should def be extended sooner rather then later. He looked like a dif player at safety and you would think will continue to improve

Edited by Max997

I expect the Bills will try to sign Hughes to an extension.

I also think he'll see more snaps next year.

I think people who write him off as a one-dimensional pass rush-only guy are wrong.

The times I saw him in space he did not look out of place, considering he has very little playing experience playing back. People remember a broken play which resulted in Hughes vainly chasing a receiver down the field but that receiver wasn't even Hughes' responsibility. He realized that there was a breakdown and gave chase. He showed outstanding speed on that particular play but there were other plays where I thought he looked good in space.

Look for his percentage of snaps to increase next year, along with his pay.

I think the guys you re-sign are Aaron Williams and Jerry Hughes.

I would do Williams now, because I have a feeling he will command Byrd money after next season.

Dareus and Spiller will be over-priced and not worth it; Freddy will probably retire.

Dareus is in a good spot. Kyle Williams is not young.

If this kid can keep his head on straight he can be as good as he wants. I admit that giving him untold millions in terms of a signing bonus appears to be a risk.

The Franchise Tag is a good thing.

Dareus is in a good spot. Kyle Williams is not young.

If this kid can keep his head on straight he can be as good as he wants. I admit that giving him untold millions in terms of a signing bonus appears to be a risk.

The Franchise Tag is a good thing.

That's my biggest concern-- Albert Haynesworth Part II. He will command a pretty big contract, so we can't miss on that one.

Well Dareus would deserve a deal. Freddie Jackson would likely be retiring. Aaron Williams has been up and down, he could be retained but I doubt its for notable money. Same with Jerry Hughes as a role player and not a full-time starter.

Spiller is a big name guy who will want big time money and isnt worth it. He isn't even the go to back on the team.

We should take a late round RB this draft and next and find a serviceable back. There is no need to take one in the 1st round, basically ever.

"Up and down" implies that Aaron Williams has been inconsistent. He has not. Williams had an atrocious start, but has improved, and is on track for a solid contract which he will deserve if he replicates this past season's performance.

Edited by ny33

I would do Williams now, because I have a feeling he will command Byrd money after next season.

Could not agree more. He looked like a top safety this year. And he can fill in at corner if the team is desperate. I really hope they are proactive with him.