ESPN employs the worst BSers!

I just heard Cowherd and Hasselbeck on the Radio, don't normally listen to ESPN. I cant believe these guys get paid to do what they do, which is spew BS. The conversation goes something like this, Cowherd " is it just me or has Aaron Rodgers only been able to win 1 playoff game in 3 years?" Hasselbeck" yeah and that was over Minnesota, he didnt' play well yesterday, and he was a big reason they lost!!" .Cowherd "you have to question his performance on the playoff, other than the Super Bowl year" Hasselbeck " yeah and we have to start considering how much these guys are paid, as far as what is left to build the rest of the team." Andy Dalton is only paid 750,000 a year, so the Bengals can put a really, really good team around him" Are you kidding me? If Rodgers had been on the Bengals and played the way he did yesterday, which was good (97.8 and QBR scrambled for first downs), they would have beaten San Diego by 2 touchdowns. Rodgers is worth every penny they are paying him...so is Dalton! It has become to easy for these lazy analysts and media hacks to fall back on the QBs. You can put Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning etc. on a team like Jax or Oak and they don't all of a sudden become Super Bowl contenders. You put these guys on a team with ordinary talent and they become playoff teams.ie Rodgers and GB. Likewise you put Andy Dalton on talented team, good enough to contend for a Super Bowl, and you get beat in the playoffs!

Cowherd is a douche that thinks he knows it all. Especially when it comes to Peyton Manning or Rodgers. Without Rodgers, the Pack is mauled yesterday. He STILL talks about playoff games lost when Manning was Colts QB on the road vs an elite NE defense back in the early 2000's. Or the Broncos defensive meltdown in the final minute last year vs Ravens when Manning had just driven the Broncos 80 yards for a TD that seemingly iced the game. It took a 4th down and forever monumental screw up to get that game to OT. He NEVER cites the fact that Brady still has NEVER led a TD drive to win a SB ( all of them were won on a Vinatieri FG,) and has not won a SB since he had.... a top defense! The Pats last SB win came after the 2004 season, around the end of their defensive prowess. Manning 's playoff record is largely reflective of the mediocre defensive teams he has played on. When Manning was injured, that team barely won a couple games. When Brady was out for a year, the Pats went 11-5 with Matt freakin' Cassell. Way too much TB a$$ kissing from Cowherd. The guy is an absolute idiot. Dalton has a good team around him and is pretty average. Manning/ Rodgers are amazing QB's who's teams might not sniff the playoffs without them. Cowherd is so brain dead, he just looks at the playoff record and assumes they are lesser QB's than Marcia, which could not be further from the truth. TB has also had the luxury of ZERO good QB's in his division for his entire career, keeping him in the friendly confines of Gillette for the playoffs due to 3 or 4 automatic wins in the division and seemingly always getting to face Manning at home as well ( next years matchup with Peyton is @ Foxborough as well, that's 3 in a row if you're counting.. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen anymore) Anyway, CC is one of the biggest morons on radio..

And if Green Bay won, they'd be trashing Kaepernick instead. Ratings, profits, and ratings.

Yes. I listen to Cowherd almost every day at work because our local show isn't on until noon. He will spin anything to try and push his own narrative. He contradicts himself constantly. He is a joke.

Cowherd may be the worst of the national talk hosts, which says plenty. He just talks in circles, not to mention he has a nails-on-the-chalkboard voice. His rants often make no sense, contradicting themselves by the end. The whole ESPN lineup is waaay below average. FOX too for that matter (ever listen to Ben Maller? No? Consider yourself lucky.)

BTW- Why is Tony Dungy on SNF? He adds nothing.

It seems that to get one of these jobs you either have to be full of yourself (Dilfer), a former star who isn't very bright (Faulk, Irvin), or full of yourself and a star (Lewis, Deion, Keyshawn etc.). Or an old has been front office type or coach. The act is tired and old. 4-5 of these guys hashing out the same things over and over. There has to be some better, more informed acts out there. Or keep fewer of these guys, get ride of the above ones. Why not Pat Kirwan(fresh approach), Aaron Schatz (different approach), or somebody new for crying out loud. The old boy kiss ass network at work again!!

NBC has the worst broadcasts. SO blah and Bland with the 4 worst broadcasters on TV. Bob Costas? woof.

They've got Mike Mayock and he's about as good as you'll find. I've also come around on Chris Collinsworth since he's toned down his douche factor. They know a lot about the game.

Aaron Rodgers was masterful yesterday.

He was an artist on the football field.

It was amazing how cool he was under pressure and how much presence of mind he had when chaos was ensuing around him.

Joe Montana had a playoff record of 16-7.

Aaron Rodgers is 6-4 in the playoffs with a decidedly inferior team than Montana's Niners.

Those ESPN guys are morons.

Cowherd may be the worst of the national talk hosts, which says plenty. He just talks in circles, not to mention he has a nails-on-the-chalkboard voice. His rants often make no sense, contradicting themselves by the end. The whole ESPN lineup is waaay below average. FOX too for that matter (ever listen to Ben Maller? No? Consider yourself lucky.)

BTW- Why is Tony Dungy on SNF? He adds nothing.

Heard a few soundbytes when he said that Auburn was going to go into Tuscaloosa next year and beat Alabama and repeat as National Championship and a angry Alabama fan called in and was calling him Cowturd and that he had never been so mad in his life as he was after hearing that...lmao...

The trouble here?

Just like a lot of people in a lot of areas in life: Cowherd has over-committed to a position(in this case, "Tom Brady is just as good as Montana, if not better"), largely because he was too lazy/ignorant/arrogant to actually do the work that taking that significant of a position required.

Ever since, a steady stream of data that contradicts that position directly has been coming from many sources.

He is now what we call in poker: "pot committed". What does any poker player love? To force his opponent to become pot-committed to a losing hand. Ask any poker player how often pot-committed hands win.

Rather than admit he is wrong, or, that he needs to re-think his position, Cowherd doubles down on his criticism of the..."hate data" or "hate facts"(which is merely: the contradictory data)...as the OP has described above.

The bottom line?

There will be no end to Cowherd's "belief" in and "support" of Tom Brady any time soon.

Not because he chooses to do it, but rather, because he believes he has no choice but to continue doing it. (Not so. He can admit his error any time, and we'd be fine with it. However, his ego won't get out of the way.)

We have all sorts of examples of this all around us today. Look around, I'm sure you can find a few. Ask yourself: who else is pot-committed to an overreaching position...and is lying constantly or trying to change the subject/cover their ass?

People who have put themselves into this position will never admit they are wrong, because it's just better for them to die as a generally accepted fool, or, perhaps if enough time passes, and they get lucky, they merely become irrelevant, because nobody remembers/cares....than it is for them to have to deal with reality. IF they never admit they were wrong, then there's still something there.

But, not if: They went out of their way to be a D-bag, calling people, who merely show the contradictory data, names, for years.

In that case? They always get what they deserve in the end.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

it's part of the schtick.....

they get paid to create content......

if they all said the same thing or always agreed, it would be boring......

they sit in the pre-show production meetings and choreograph who will take the side of a certain issue......

sometimes ya gotta do crazy talk to get noticed....kinda like this forum. only in their case, guys like skip bayless are laughing all the way to the bank.

They're professional trolls used to generate discussion. That's it.

He's been off the air for a while, but I had an acquaintance who was a local espn radio blowhard. Living in a minor-league market had to have made it a bit tougher on him than it is for guys in NFL, MLB, NBA, and/or NHL cities, but it would seem like out of the blue he would start banging on a couple of teams for no reason, and the Bills were one of them.

A few friends in the area, also WNY natives and life-long Bills fans, would hear him. And they would get worked up. And their blood would boil and they would pick up the phone, and try to call him on his BS.

After one particular inane rant of his, I asked the radio blowhard where it came from.

His reply was when there was a slower news day - or if the phones were a bit quiet - he would start blasting certain teams because there are a lot of their fans in the area and it would get people to call in. After asking him if he really believed what he had said about the Bills, he said "I am not Walter Cornkite, I am not in the truth business. I am in the passion and ratings business."

That pretty much told me all I need to know about tv and radio sports commentators: If I get fired up about their comments, I'm playing their game. But I'm not winning.