Fitzpatrick the coach killer

uticaclub

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan actually picked Fitz as a starter. That bad decision is on Chan.

In Tennessee, Locker was the starter before going down. There's a little bit of a difference there

They have informed Locker he will have to compete for the starting JOB next year!

I'm willing to risk it

Well, apparently you are not Marrone. ;)

Marrone placing all of his chips on a single bet seems rather gallant perhaps. On the other hand, blowing the place up every 3 years or so because the bets never pay off has helped create a culture of losing, instability, and futility for 14 years.

I'd like Marrone to have every chance at success. Not just be the latest in a long line of talk-toughs that hop on the sled and ride it down the hill into oblivion.

They have informed Locker he will have to compete for the starting JOB next year!

Didn't they fire the coach?

Chan actually picked Fitz as a starter. That bad decision is on Chan.

In Tennessee, Locker was the starter before going down. There's a little bit of a difference there

This. While Chan didn't acquire Fitz, I'm sure Chan had input into the decision to offer Fitz starter money and to not enter the QB Draft Sweepstakes 'cuz he thought Fitz was The Man.

On the other hand, there aren't many teams that can lose the starting QB and not miss a beat, and actually Fitz did a pretty good job for Tenn as the backup and is one of the better backups in the league. He's just not the guy who can carry a team in the absence of stout D etc.

I would imagine the Flaming Thumbtacks will be drafting a QB. Or at least, they will if the new coach is smart.