The Top 10 Coldest games in Bills history

Just Jack

I was at the number 1 game on the list. It was brutal but so much fun. I had to wait in line at will call for the entire first half until they just opened up the gates and let people in to find seats wherever they could. I will always remember the guy in front of me pulling out his bottle of jack through his coat and frozen long beard to pass around. All he said was 'your going to need this', good times.

I was at #2 as it was a Christmas gift. We had tickets then for #1 but my parents decided that one frigid game was going to be more than enough so we stayed home and sold the tickets and watched on tv instead. I had a blast at the Jets game though with every inch of skin covered. Was so cold our soda froze solid in the vehicle while we were parked for the game.

Had to make sure that '88 Bills-Raiders game made the list - that was a cold day. My brother's girfriend attended her first game that day and for reasons unkown, she went with dress-to-look-pretty instead of dress-to-stay-warm.

It was cold but fun - I'll never forget that one!

While people are hunkered down at home, here's an article from two years ago....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/The-Top-10-Coldest-games-in-Bills-history/25ded906-a507-4e3f-955d-2490123ae81d

I am disappointed that they included away games in the list.

Well, you could change your title to the top 5 home games in Bills history and ignore the other 5.

While people are hunkered down at home, here's an article from two years ago....

http://www.buffalobi...5d-2490123ae81d

I am disappointed that they included away games in the list.

I was at the #1 coldest game of all time on that list. My friend's Dad lent us his stadium bags.... anyone who ever shpped at AM&As during the 60's knows what stadium bags are...

I was at game 1 and 3. Game 1 Darryl Talley said the Raiders nearly crapped themselves over the cold when the came out of the tunnel. No wonder we rolled them. I recall Norman Chad writing a column in the National (remember that rag?) stating the Raiders would mop the turf with the Bills. That was the best Bills team ever. Too bad we went into the SB cocky.

PTR

For me its easily Bills vs Pats 12/28/08 when Brady was out for the year and the pats trotted out Cassel to an 11-5 record and a 13-0 victory over the bills in week 17.

Weather report for the game:

- Average temperature 21 degrees

-Lowest temperature: -3 degrees

-And the kicker: 29 MPH winds with 53 MPH sustained winds and gusts up to 73 MPH.

The most miserable football game Ive ever been a part of. The goal posts were twisted, the bills sucked, Matt Cassel even had a punt that rolled via wind to our one yard line...

I was at game 1 and 3. Game 1 Darryl Talley said the Raiders nearly crapped themselves over the cold when the came out of the tunnel. No wonder we rolled them. I recall Norman Chad writing a column in the National (remember that rag?) stating the Raiders would mop the turf with the Bills. That was the best Bills team ever. Too bad we went into the SB cocky.

PTR

Wasn't that before the the 1st Bills-Raiders AFC Championship game? The 51-3 game? (I can't believe I don't remember!)

Playing in the cold is a potential big advantage over southern and domed teams come playoff time.

That's what I thought...

I thought for sure the game against New Orleans in 1989 would be on that list. After looking it up, it was only 26 degrees, but the 13 mph winds made the wind chill 15. I was at that one, and it was frigging cold and snowy. And yet, somehow the southern team from the domed stadium came in and won, 22-19. The Saints rushed for 150 yards and passed for more than 300.

That was just a couple of weeks before the Ronnie Harmon playoff game in Cleveland...

I was at both Raiders games and the Jets game. I recall the Jets game very well as the stadium had a lot of snow in the seats, but it was brilliantly sunny. That was the coldest I have ever been. It felt like someone shot my toes off with a shotgun.