Kyle Williams: "There will be changes here"

26CornerBlitz

There should be changes, including trading or cutting Kyle Williams, most overrated player in the entire NFL.

Here is what the Bills rank against the run with him:

2013-24th

2012-31st

2011-28th

2010-32nd

2009-30th

2008-22nd

2007-25th

2006-28th

He is worthless.

wow, talk about a chronic aliment . . . clearly this has to get better for this team to get better

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Occam's razor?

wow. He really got you on that?! Ha!

Why are we making holes in the roster by getting rid of better players?

I have always been ho hum on trading KW because I see his liabilities. But its a tall task to replace an effective DT. DT and OLB are the hardest and longest to develop players on the D. Look at all those sensational rookies this past year. They didn't exactly light it up

Kyle Williams isn't good?

I wish more people who knew anything at all about football posted here.

Kyle Williams is in the Pro-Bowl because his peers put him there. The guys he dominates.

Kyle Williams has been part of 8 losing teams, none of which could stop the run. That's all I know.

Kyle Williams has been part of 8 losing teams, none of which could stop the run. That's all I know.

I think that fact should be impossible for any Bills fan to completely ignore...But some still do...Williams is one of the best penetrating DT's in the league...One of the better pass rush DT's in the league...But he's a mixed bag vs the run...If he beats his man clean he can make a play in the backfield from time to time...But if he does not beat his man clean it's trouble...And sometimes the holes created are massive... B-)

wow, talk about a chronic aliment . . . clearly this has to get better for this team to get better

I should not have said worthless, but really, they can't be much worse without him against the run, so I see no point in continuing to have him anchor the middle, he is just too small.

Correlation does not mean causation.

KW has been on the team for 8 years. The Bills have sucked in every one of those 8 years. Over the last 8 years , KW has been the only player to remain on the team; presumably, he is worth keeping around.

Doesn't that imply that it was the other 10 that sucked?

Considering KW doesn't do well with Pro Bowl fan voting, but does extremely well with coach and player voting, and is constantly getting public praise from people like Bill Belecheat, I am going to assume that KW is in fact very good.

Or that 23 year olds are not perfect and sometimes need to mature. Plenty of players have acted like idiots early on and overcome it, plenty of teams have overcome jerks in the locker room to win the Super Bowl.

I have no problem benching Dareus for a chronic issue in a meaningless game. But I would have a huge problem cutting or trading him. We saw v NE how much he benefits our Run D, and at 23, we need him around for another 10 years.

If we are going to get this team better it isn't going to be by cutting our best players. SJ may not be a 'true number 1' but he sure as hell is our best WR by far. He is a guy that would easily catch 100 balls for over 1000 yards on the Pats or Broncos or Saints. Byrd is a good player too, I would hate to create another hole because we don't want to pay him.

Spiller on the other hand may be more valuable to this team in a trade scenario. If we could get a 1st or a high second it might benefit us to let him go. Spiller is fast and he can juke but he is not a natural running back like Freddie. Freddie reads his blocks and can set up other blocks and defenders - he has great technique. Spiller doesn't. Spiller gets the ball and bounces it outside with no patience, he doesn't set up his blocks at ALL, and he often gets in the open field and runs straight to the sideline where players can take a proper angle and tackle him for a 10 yard gain. Instead he needs to learn to 'run the ladder' - get north and south and then break to the sideline only when necessary. A RB needs to keep that space on the sideline to run for additional yardage later - Much like a WR runs routes. Spiller needs to square up to his defenders, and make them think he might go back toward the middle of the field - thus keeping the defender from instantly pursuing to the sideline. Then, once juking and breaking away from the defender, the defender is chancing Spiller instead of taking an angle to meet him at the sideline. This is really hard to explain without pictures so hopefully you all understand what I mean.

I would have thought an NFL coach could have taught him better by now but maybe he just isn't getting it? It is unfortunate because he could have scored 2-3 long TD runs yesterday with better technique.

I'd be torn letting CJ go but he isn't as good as he needs to be and if we can get a stud WR or OL with that pick I think that may be the best way to go. Its easy to replace a RB - just look what Blount did to us yesterday. Good blocking and reading said blocks goes a longer way than speed.

Edited by peterpan

The Bills have sucked against the run for the passed eight years because our LBs suck. Kiko is the first real talent we have had at the position in a long time.

The Bills will fail to resign Byrd and draft a safety in the first round. The talent level will be exactly the same on a net basis. Just another example of the revolving door of talent that has been plaguing this organization for years.

Correlation does not mean causation.

KW has been on the team for 8 years. The Bills have sucked in every one of those 8 years. Over the last 8 years , KW has been the only player to remain on the team; presumably, he is worth keeping around.

Doesn't that imply that it was the other 10 that sucked?

Considering KW doesn't do well with Pro Bowl fan voting, but does extremely well with coach and player voting, and is constantly getting public praise from people like Bill Belecheat, I am going to assume that KW is in fact very good.

Epitome of hard to play against but not hard to beat. I think that smart guys who analyze football sometimes have trouble forget to add the not hard to beat part because he is so hard to play against.

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

Bold predictions. Who replaces the individuals who have been traded. ?? In your senario we would have to draft Hicks (S-Bama); Aaron Donald (DT/DE-PITT); RB; and TE. That's a lot of holes to fill in the draft, but I'm assuming we get picks back to draft with after the trades.

It was asinine because it set up the follow up which was yesterday....upping the ante. How did that blowhard macho stuff help the Bills yesterday?

Greggo's Marrone's strategy showed itself as a failure ONE DAY after it was implemented and he doubled down on it. I wonder how late Dareus would be today if we had another game.

You correctly state that the players are professionals and paid well. Many are also very young and in many cases and still need guidance. Money does not in and of itself teach life lessons. If anything it makes them harder to learn. Coaches are supposed to help teach these life lessons. Greggo Marrone appears to prefer making examples, which can be a good style at times but is already a proven failure with Dareus, and also lines right up to protect undeniable flops such as Crossman and throw players under the bus.

Don't overthink it, man.

The coaches have talked about credibility and accountability from the jump. And the coaches, like any other person in any other leadership role in any other organization, company, or firm, would have neither if they failed to enforce the rules.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The Bills have sucked against the run for the passed eight years because our LBs suck. Kiko is the first real talent we have had at the position in a long time.

The Bills will fail to resign Byrd and draft a safety in the first round. The talent level will be exactly the same on a net basis. Just another example of the revolving door of talent that has been plaguing this organization for years.

If this happens I will go nuts. We are well under the cap and must keep Byrd, and get an OLB or WR , etc. in RD1.

you know what we should do? Let Byrd walk, and draft a pro-bowl safety. Trade Spiller and draft a electric running back. Trade Kyle Williams and draft a dominate DL or pick one up in FA. Cut Fred Jackson b/c he is too old and draft a hard nosed, bad ass, heart and soul RB. Trade Stevie and pick up a "stud" WR in the draft, we need "Calvin Johnson" type, just get someone exactly like him. Get rid of Chandler, even tho he is the first TE we have had since Pete M. pick one up in FA or the draft. Keep EJ and let Thad walk. Let EJ develop for 3 or 4 more years. with a couple more solid drafts we will be right "there". Trade Marcell for a 6th and 7th rd pick, I saw a kicker for a D3 college that was really good we could probably get in one of those rounds. we do this and watch out NE! the divison will be ours!!!!!!!!

hahhahahah

Bold predictions. Who replaces the individuals who have been traded. ?? In your senario we would have to draft Hicks (S-Bama); Aaron Donald (DT/DE-PITT); RB; and TE. That's a lot of holes to fill in the draft, but I'm assuming we get picks back to draft with after the trades.

I am not sure the holes are immediately replaced. But they might be thinking it's more like addition by subtraction. Then, get another few drafts in, and we are in a position to contend.

By the way, after hearing Marrone's comments after the game, I am not sure that Dareus is necessarily gone. Sounds like he wants to work with him to get him straightened out.

There should be changes, including trading or cutting Kyle Williams, most overrated player in the entire NFL.

Here is what the Bills rank against the run with him:

2013-24th

2012-31st

2011-28th

2010-32nd

2009-30th

2008-22nd

2007-25th

2006-28th

He is worthless.

Kyle Williams is a STUD.....multiple pro bowler.

your worthless comment is laughable.

this is a team game and the fact that our rank vs the run sucks doesn't mean all 11 players suck.