Which team do you want to win the Super Bowl, now that our bills are o

major

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles. I love Chip Kelly's coaching philosophy. It is everything the Bills have lacked for the past 14 years--bold, aggressive, innovative. I don't think the Eagles will go very far this year, but they are going to get better every year as Kelly implements his system with his type of players. I would love to have seen the Bills hire him, but it was never going to happen.

I can't believe most of you are just listing one or a few teams. Don't you know there is an established science to this?

It goes something like this, from strongest opposition to weakest opposition.

1. Division rivals are the worst. New England, Miami, and the NJ Jets are absolutely, positively NOT allowed to win.

2. Next comes teams that close friends, family, or coworkers are fans of. Why? Because I'm a miserable son of a B word, that's why. So for me, that means Chicago, Green Bay, and Miami (again) are ruled out.

3. Next comes teams that have beaten the Bills in the SB, so that rules out Dallas, Washington, and the NJ Giants. However, this is fading a bit with time. I still hate Dallas with a passion, but the Giants get a pass because of the fact that they bitchslapped New England twice.

4. And finally, the teams that have not yet won a SB because, as someone else pointed out, I don't want to see the Bills be the last team to have never won a SB. So that removes a whole slew of others. It includes Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Arizona. However, as mentioned, this is the group I oppose the least, and it wouldn't be that terrible if one of them won it. Of course, if the Bills ever do win a SB, this group is immediately absolved, and my life can return to normal.

So who does that leave, really?

Basically, it's any team that has already won a Super Bowl who isn't one of those teams mentioned above, which means: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa, San Francisco, or St. Louis. Not a big list, but again, I'm not categorically opposed to any of the teams in #4 above.

So...yeah. There you go. This is the mental illness I deal with on an annual basis.

I stand corrected, Sir. Yes, any of your choices is fine with me for the reasons you've laid out.

Eagles. I love Chip Kelly's coaching philosophy. It is everything the Bills have lacked for the past 14 years--bold, aggressive, innovative. I don't think the Eagles will go very far this year, but they are going to get better every year as Kelly implements his system with his type of players. I would love to have seen the Bills hire him, but it was never going to happen.

Concurred. Eagles are my 2nd team. How I wish Chip Kelly was here

Don't worry about the Seahawks. They won't win a Super Bowl with Carroll there. Ever.

The football gods are not fond of Carroll's willful destruction of USC football and then cutting out and accepting no responsibility for it.

Retribution will be coaching teams *this close* but never being rewarded with the prize. Carroll's Seahawk teams will be the 1990s Dolphins.

Kansas City and Seattle would be a fun game to watch...that said, I would also like Carolina and Denver. However, I think Denver is too good, especially with a first round bye and the NFC is Seattle is too good all around, especially with home field advantage. So my prediction would be Denver vs. Seattle with Seattle winning it via the great Defense and running game. Especially if the weather is a factor....

Anyone but Seattle as my dislike for them is in line with the Cowboys and Patriots who I obviously don't want to see win either but don't think either will

I don't know about the Broncos chances but that's who I'll be rooting for

Edited by Max997

In order:

Packers - my aunt was a huge packers fan and passed away this year. This would mean the most to me.

Broncos - if manning gets a second I think he passes Brady in the GOAT conversation. I would like that.

Panthers - wouldn't it be great if the Bills had a w over the sb champs. Also all the Cam haters could eat crow.

Saints - gotta keep the streak of losing to the NFC representative alive!

Bengals - Great Lakes, owner who puts money over winning, kinship with them.

Bengals - Great Lakes? huh?

Before moving away from the Buffalo area I was a season ticket holder during the Kelly years, for some reason some of the seats close to mine were often filled with people coming from out of town. I couldn't begin to count how many times those seats were filled by Patriots fans that drove up from Boston to see and route for the Bills, while their own team was struggling. They were good sports fans that came to the Ralph to see an exciting team play and be a part of the Bills home game experience which is second to none when they are winning, so as long as we are losing and the Patriots are winning I'll pull for the Patriots in January.

As long as it isn't the Patriots, I'm fine. But, it would be fun to watch the Pats* get to the Superbowl, and then get manhandled, with Brady throwing at least two temper tantrums during the game, and Bellicheck with his head down, not talking to anyone on the way out, missing the post game press conference, and getting fined by the NFL.

Oh, and Brady's supermodel wife bitching at the reporters again would be good.

Before moving away from the Buffalo area I was a season ticket holder during the Kelly years, for some reason some of the seats close to mine were often filled with people coming from out of town. I couldn't begin to count how many times those seats were filled by Patriots fans that drove up from Boston to see and route for the Bills, while their own team was struggling. They were good sports fans that came to the Ralph to see an exciting team play and be a part of the Bills home game experience which is second to none when they are winning, so as long as we are losing and the Patriots are winning I'll pull for the Patriots in January.

I really don't know how to respond to this.

yeah, ny33 ill try tho.

of all the bickering and insanity on this board, this comment by far, is the most heartbreaking and morale killing post i have ever read. to know there is a bills fan out there somewhere who actually pulls for the pats to win in january.. i just.. idk man. this actually exists? is this real life?

nothing against you martifal, you're allowed to root for a division nemesis in the postseason (i guess), but this is just mind blowing. you're not even indifferent? you actually pull for them? i dont think ill be able to go to sleep tonight

Edited by CJallDAY