Alan Branch Signs Extension

FluffHead

Strategically, Carrington's best career move is likely going to be signing a 1-year "prove it" deal with Buffalo, where he knows the team, players, and system, and can be comfortable with his situation. Sign a 1-year deal, put together a solid year, and get the big money next off-season.

That's how I'd advise him.

id agree. and it wouldnt be a terrible move for us either.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrington has no body of work to entice other teams to give him more money than the Bills. I'm guessing the money he was offered by the Bills was a direct result of Pettine really liking his play all off/preseason.

Edited by stony

Terrific!! Further proof that this FO is making better personnel decisions. Extend Manny Lawson next please.

IIRC, Lawson signed a multi-year deal with the Bills. He's good for at least two more seasons.

Just checked, he signed for four years.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah! Very happy to see this. Get another linebacker and the defense can be one of the best in the league. I realize they have had some bad games (against the run in particular), but the way the rules are now, they favor the offenses so much that every team is getting some big scores against it. I really like this defense.

its a lot harder to play hardball with a backup than it is a guy thats top 5 at his position. that said, carrington would be an unrestricted free agent so we cant play hard ball either.

either they will agree on a deal, or part ways, but it wont be dramatic.

Strategically, Carrington's best career move is likely going to be signing a 1-year "prove it" deal with Buffalo, where he knows the team, players, and system, and can be comfortable with his situation. Sign a 1-year deal, put together a solid year, and get the big money next off-season.

That's how I'd advise him.

Agree with both of you. I just meant that if Parker holds some acrimony toward the Bills as a result of Byrd's negotiations, he may attempt to steer Carrington toward another team, or simply flat out refuse to entertain offers from Buffalo. I don't think it's likely, as Carrington's best bet is likely the one year deal described here, I was simply wondering out loud if a hypothetical impasse crossed Buffalo's mind in re-inking Branch.

Branch certainly deserves the extension on his own merit, and I assume Carrington's status didn't impact the decision. I just love a good conspiracy theory.

“Just seeing the direction that we’re going, I think we’re going in a great direction,” he said. “I’ve been part of teams that are part of the building process as well. I was with Seattle before they started winning a lot of games. I see a lot of things that are similar and the type of guys that are playing on the field right now I feel like we have a great chance of being something special next year.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/DL-Alan-Branch-signs-extension-with-Bills/72db05dd-5f02-4b23-828b-cc5d75f28094

Love this.

K. Williams, Dareus and Branch as an interior rotation has been very strong this year.

Edit:

“I like to stop the run and get out there and get my nose dirty,” Branch said recently. “Sometimes you have stats, sometimes you don’t. As long as we win I’m happy.”

I like this!

Edited by Dorkington

I don't understand this setiment at all, but to each their own. CJ and FJ have been very effective this year. CJ has a better YPC average. I get it, its because of his long runs. How can you put that against him, when this team is in need of big plays? It's laughable. He's been injured for the large part of this year, and is probably still playing a bit hobbled. Our run game is just fine as it is.

That's my thought too. I wonder where he got this idea.

Good RB's don't get injured. CJ Spiller doesn't even try. Fred Jackson has broken ribs and look what he did yesterday! Spiller was taken 10th he needs to be a lot better then what he is, and until he lights things up he'll suck. He won't be worth his value and doesn't deserve anything. He was taken 10th and he needs to play to that level. He wants to be the most electrifying back in football - well, shouldn't he be getting on the field to do that? Instead of coming out every other play Spiller needs to stay in and play.

And if you really think I was serious about what I posted earlier or what I just posted well you should take a deep breath and laugh because I am mocking what half of this board is ready to do in trading Spiller. I want us to keep Spiller (at a relatively fair price) to keep a two headed RB attack and I have said that enough on here before. Still, I would trade any RB on this team or any team I was in charge of for a first round pick at any time.

Is he saying we should cut him? :lol:

ha

Is he saying we should cut him? :lol:

LOL nice!

Good RB's don't get injured. CJ Spiller doesn't even try. Fred Jackson has broken ribs and look what he did yesterday! Spiller was taken 10th he needs to be a lot better then what he is, and until he lights things up he'll suck. He won't be worth his value and doesn't deserve anything. He was taken 10th and he needs to play to that level. He wants to be the most electrifying back in football - well, shouldn't he be getting on the field to do that? Instead of coming out every other play Spiller needs to stay in and play.

And if you really think I was serious about what I posted earlier or what I just posted well you should take a deep breath and laugh because I am mocking what half of this board is ready to do in trading Spiller. I want us to keep Spiller (at a relatively fair price) to keep a two headed RB attack and I have said that enough on here before. Still, I would trade any RB on this team or any team I was in charge of for a first round pick at any time.

ha

Wasn't quite sure, I was in the process of typing the paragraph, then thought, he might be kidding, as I know your disposition on a lot of things. Then I said, meh, I've already typed all this, I'll take the flaming if I'm wrong. Tough to figure out from your origional post though! :thumbsup:

As far as Spiller goes, we'll have to agree to disagree. Spiller is much better than he was this year, and this is the year to extend him rather than release him. IMO