Hate to say it..... (QB situation)

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

1. Both are horribly inaccurate. So no advantage either way here.

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

I don't think the coaching staff agrees with you so I hope you don't die....

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff

I would have liked to see Thad throw more 5-10 and 10-20 yard passes instead of throwing bombs every other play.

Edited by Max997

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff

I would have liked to see Thad throw more 5-10 and 10-20 yard passes instead of throwing bombs every other play.

I thought he missed a couple 10-20 throws... maybe not.

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff.

The whole coaching staff for the Buffalo Bills are college level coaches who are in over their heads. Not good. Amateurs. We have little in the way of QBs and even less in the way of coaches who know how to develop/coach QBs.

Your "tired of waiting" and have lost patience. Got it.

However, right now the situation calls for patience, so that makes your point moot. To building a winning franchise, you have to show some patience, especially with a rookie.

His injuires haven't helped either. Jim Kelly even admited that the time he missed, especially in the pre season, has a huge effect on his regular season performance.

When you have a plan as the Bills do, you follow through until you find a reason not to. EJ has shown some very good things, and hasn't given the Bills any reason to lose faith in him.

Next year's draft is going to be filled with players who can compliment EJ, as well as our defensive stars. EJ with more time in the pocket and more experience will be a better QB.

No matter how hard you wish, EJ isn't going anywhere.

Edited by dezertbill

The whole coaching staff for the Buffalo Bills are college level coaches who are in over their heads. Not good. Amateurs. We have little in the way of QBs and even less in the way of coaches who know how to develop/coach QBs.

The pass play calls looked open... Although I was also frustrated with the amount of run calls. Can't forget we won though.

Another rookie QB dry likely gets you what you've seen this year. Patience, nobody walls into a major corporation out of college ready to be CEO - and most rookie QBs are nor going to play like veterans.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Bills should sign a vet and draft someone like Murray or Mettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd. Take Manziel if he is there for you in the 1st, he has elite accuracy and is going to be a star. Bills training camp QB's should be EJ, Vet, draft pick and Lewis. If they don't do something like this then they are inept.

From what's been displayed thus far, Thad is the better quarterback AND has shown three things Manuel hasn't:

1. Pocket presence. While Thad did get blindsided on a corner blitz he should've capitalized on, he by far has shown a better feel of the rush.

2. Quick decision making. No comparison. Ole Slow Eyes runs at 75 percent speed.

3. Instinctive ability to know to take a hit. Bizarre thing about EJ -- he takes hits harder than he needs to and at the same time goes down quicker than he should other times. Couple that with long skinny legs and a glass knee...

By no means saying Thad should be the guy going forward. EJ appears to have the X factor and better physical attributes and better throwing mechanics, sans footwork. Take this for what it is -- an evaluation of the now -- while EJ is the better thrower and has that it factor, Thad has instinctive traits EJ might never learn.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

So I guess a bunch of amateur coaches completely dominated and shutout a head coach who has spent the last 10 years with a Packer franchise and was OC when they won the Super Bowl.

Sweet.

Bills should sign a vet and draft someone like Murray or Mettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd. Take Manziel if he is there for you in the 1st, he has elite accuracy and is going to be a star. Bills training camp QB's should be EJ, Vet, draft pick and Lewis. If they don't do something like this then they are inept.

Not sold on Manziel, but I agree with the rest of your comments.

Another rookie QB dry likely gets you what you've seen this year. Patience, nobody walls into a major corporation out of college ready to be CEO - and most rookie QBs are nor going to play like veterans.

Comparing experience level of an athlete to what is needed to be a CEO of a major corp is the dumbest thing posted here this year. Congrats!

Yeah...lets just use all of our draft picks and salary cap on QBs instead of another stud OL or OLB.

Brilliant