Fred Jackson's last game at the Ralph?

oman128

I don't think the lack of 100 yard games is necessarily Fred. He still gets the tough yards, breaks tackles, catches the ball, and moves the pile forward. I would say the that line has been a problem in spots (look at CJ's yardage) and the run play calling has been too predictable. Besides that, he IS splitting time with CJ, so there are other reasons for fewer rushing yards. At the end of the day, as someone poited out, they still have the 5th best rushing attack. Fred's still got some gas in the tank and no way do we cut him. Love the guy!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Jackson isn't getting any younger and this could be the year that the Bills finally cut the cord and release or trade Fred.

Fred is a warrior and has been for the last several years but he is clearly slowing down and its not the same guy he was just two years ago when he was leading the league in rushing. Hopefully the Bills feed him the ball all day long so that if it is his last game at the Ralph he goes out with some great memories, thanks for everything Fred you've been a great Buffalo Bill.

If Freddie is healthy he's back next year...There is no way the Bills would part way with him other than a health issue...He's WAY too valuable, a team leader, he's a bargain at his salary, and a great example for younger players... B-)

Fred Jackson isn't getting any younger and this could be the year that the Bills finally cut the cord and release or trade Fred.

Fred is a warrior and has been for the last several years but he is clearly slowing down and its not the same guy he was just two years ago when he was leading the league in rushing. Hopefully the Bills feed him the ball all day long so that if it is his last game at the Ralph he goes out with some great memories, thanks for everything Fred you've been a great Buffalo Bill.

Say what? The guy's a beast! He'll be here next season. I think you're waaaaaay off the mark here.

I can't believe this many people replied to such an inane thread

Agreed. It's pretty stupid. Fred Jackson will be a Buffalo Bill next season. No Doubt!!!

why would we cut Fred Jackson? He's productive. The only reason he doesn't get 100yds is b/c he splits time with CJ. CJ and Freddy are fine. If anything we still need to bring in a RB #3 to back both up. The offensive line needs the help. CJ/Freddy are fine. I see freddy playing out his contract through next year, and then we'll see where we are and where he is in 2015.

Edited by bobobonators

You'd make a more compelling argument if you posted his average yards per carry and they showed a sharp decrease in porductivity.

Looking at his yardage totals alone might be a little misleading given CJ's been getting more touches.

yeah I know Fred's contract is cap friendly, I know the bills are a top-five in Rushing yards, and I know he's a Captain and the heart and soul of the team.

He hasn't had a hundred yard game since I can't even remember when. We get excited when he gets 50 or 60 because of his age and because he splitting carries with Spiller. He has 1 year left on his contract, I think the Bills would be wise to release or trade him in the off season.

Why would you ever release a cap-friendly asset???

I could maybe see the Bills spending a late round draft pick on a RB because Freddy is aging. But he still looks good out there. You don't release guys who are helping your team just because the calendar says they're getting older.

There is no reason not to keep him. He's cheap, tough, works his tail off, a captin, he's the only RB on the roster that knows how to block. He is a tough goal line runner, catches well, runs routes... I see the bills keeping him intill he can't play at all. Maybe he becomes a situational third down back a la Faulk in New England, but his value on the team exceeds any trade or cap benefit by far.

As exceptional an athlete as spiller is, he just can't keep Freddie off of the field. Think about that.

You'd make a more compelling argument if you posted his average yards per carry and they showed a sharp decrease in porductivity.

Looking at his yardage totals alone might be a little misleading given CJ's been getting more touches.

Actually feel free to look at yardage totals. Which bill has the most yards from scrimmage this season, by a lot?

Answer= #22

What the hell do you think Jackson's trade value will be in the offseason or beginning of next season? If he can play, he is more valuable to us than the 7th rounder we would get back.

Fred Jackson is the heart and soul of a franchise full of youth. He is the loudest voice and main leader in the lockerroom, and he is a stud on the field. Any drop in production is more due to the Bills porous offensive line and the fact that they are trying to get CJ the ball more. With that said, his value on the field through what you see in the stat column and what you don't see is above and beyond the $2-plus mill per year he is paid. Fred Jackson is not the Problem in Buffalo. It's ridiculous to think he is going anywhere next season but in the starting lineup.

Edited by dezertbill

Fred Jackson is the heart and soul of a franchise full of youth. He is the loudest voice and main leader in the lockerroom, and he is a stud on the field. Any drop in production is more due to the Bills porous offensive line and the fact that they are trying to get CJ the ball more. With that said, his value on the field through what you see in the stat column and what you don't see is above and beyond the $2-plus mill per year he is paid. Fred Jackson is not the Problem in Buffalo. It's ridiculous to think he is going anywhere next season but in the starting lineup.

He may hit the inevitable wall. That doesn't mean trading Jackson will ever happen or make any sense.

you'd be lucky to get a 6th tound pick in a trade, I just think we need a fresh set of legs heading in the next season. Fred will go down in Buffalo Bills history as the third best back behind Thurman and OJ.

if a 6th rounder is the best you can get, you would be absolutely stupid to make that trade.

On another note, he's the leader of this team and right now he's still a better and more reliable back than CJ so no, you don't cut him.

Posts like this make this site extremely hard to keep coming back.

it was a sad day when we released Bruce Thurman and Andre all on the same day. Releasing Freddy who is this point in his career is simply an average back. Doesn't seem like such a big deal but I'm sure you guys on here on make it into a big deal, because you think he's way better than he is he's not the Fred Jackson of 2 years ago.

We were in serious cap trouble when those guys were released, thats not the case now. No Way they release him, he's still a very valuable asset to the Buffalo Bills.