Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

Glenn and Wood are solid starters. You build teams inside out and from front to back. The subpar talent on the Offensive line has hampered the offense. If I had a choice. I'd draft the 3 best linemen in rounds 3-5 and sign a veteran Free Agent OG/OT back up. Once the line gets solidified, the rest of the offense will improve.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the LG position is a big area of need this offseason as the Bills haven't had good play from that spot all year. Instead of drafting a LG or signing one in free agency, should the Bills switch Glenn to LG and draft a LT in the early rounds of the draft? This is not to say that Glenn hasn't been doing a good job at LT. Earlier in the year on NFLN, Mike Mayock stated that he feels with Glenn's size, that if he made the transition to LG, that he could easily be a probowl guard. Your thoughts?

Glenn is grading out as a top LT in this league. Why would you consider moving him? You want to draft another LT in early rounds? Isn't that Glenn??

Need a third choice: depends. As in, it depends entirely on who that LT would be. If he's a consensus blue chip talent, like an Ogden or Pace or Thomas, I'd have no problems with it. Glenn is on his way to being a Pro Bowl LT as it is.

GO BILLS!!!

Glenn at T isn't the issue. It doesn't make sense to move him and then have to worry about his transition to guard as well as the new tackles performance.

Buffalo needs to replace Pears and Legursky, period! Those two guys are killing us! Especially Pears, whose penalties and poor play hurts drive after drive.

Pick the top T in the draft, then either go after a solid G in round 2, or go FA.

Glenn at T isn't the issue. It doesn't make sense to move him and then have to worry about his transition to guard as well as the new tackles performance.

Buffalo needs to replace Pears and Legursky, period! Those two guys are killing us! Especially Pears, whose penalties and poor play hurts drive after drive.

Pick the top T in the draft, then either go after a solid G in round 2, or go FA.

Like I said, he's well on his way to Pro Bowl LT so I wouldn't move him for just anybody. But on the odd chance that some blue chip Ogden-type LT were there (there won't be), I could rest easy knowing that Glenn's transition to G would be as easy as him rolling over in his sleep. No problems.

GO BILLS!!!

Glenn is a very good LT but he could be the best LG in the league. I'd say draft one of these top linemen coming out with one of the first two picks and let them compete. If Glenn works best at LG and the new draft pick is solid at LT, then make the switch. It would be a big boost to the run game.

Pears has to be replaced. Let's not forget about Chris Hairston and this should be a deep tackle class coming out for a later pick to come in and compete.

Has any one here even thought how Glenn and his agent would view such a move... When Glenn's contract is up don't you think that some other team is gonna come along and offer Glenn a ton of $$$ to play LT for them??? Or do you think that Glenn is gonna "settle" for LG $$$ when he could be making LT $$$ ???

I think you move Hairston to guard to compete, and possibly pick up a guard in fa if there's no one on the roster who can put Legursky on the bench. Draft an OT to play the right side and move pears to backup tackle.

Don't move Glenn, we want to be able to sign him to a second contract. Signing guys that deserve it to second contracts is how to build a winner.

Can't believe 9 people voted yes for this. I'm sorry but anyone that thinks we'd need to fix our LG position by moving our excellent left tackle needs their head examined.

From PFF: "Cordy Glenn is quietly turning into one of the best left tackles in the NFL. With his top grade in this game he’s currently our 7th rated player at that position and the youngest of the group."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/16/pff-reaction-blog-week-15/

Can't believe 9 people voted yes for this. I'm sorry but anyone that thinks we'd need to fix our LG position by moving our excellent left tackle needs their head examined.

From PFF: "Cordy Glenn is quietly turning into one of the best left tackles in the NFL. With his top grade in this game he’s currently our 7th rated player at that position and the youngest of the group."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/16/pff-reaction-blog-week-15/

I was thinking the same thing. Have those 9 people watched the games? You have a potential Pro Bowl LT in his 2nd year and you want to move him to LG? LT is the toughest position to fill. You will have a much easier time finding a LG than you will a LT.

I was thinking the same thing. Have those 9 people watched the games? You have a potential Pro Bowl LT in his 2nd year and you want to move him to LG? LT is the toughest position to fill. You will have a much easier time finding a LG than you will a LT.

Bills had a real easy time replacing Levitre this offseason didn't they?!

We all know the LG position is a big area of need this offseason as the Bills haven't had good play from that spot all year. Instead of drafting a LG or signing one in free agency, should the Bills switch Glenn to LG and draft a LT in the early rounds of the draft? This is not to say that Glenn hasn't been doing a good job at LT. Earlier in the year on NFLN, Mike Mayock stated that he feels with Glenn's size, that if he made the transition to LG, that he could easily be a probowl guard. Your thoughts?

He has been playing LT very well for the last 2 years. I like him right where he is at. I would much rather see a good LG drafted.

Lets move our best OL out of the most critical OL position. Yeah, makes sense. I'd rather draft a RT and a LG and keep Cordy where he is. He'd be pissed if he were moved inside IMO.

You mean to say that he might not be pissed that Buddy Nix was saying all along pre-draft that they saw him as a Guard, possibly making him slip to the 2nd round of the draft vice the 1st round?

Bills had a real easy time replacing Levitre this offseason didn't they?!

What does one have to do with the other? They kept scrubs and never pursued the Brandon Moore's, Chad Rhinehart's, Louis Vazquez's of the world. None of those guys is Levitre but they are all decent guards. They didn't draft a mid round guy either. Finding a guard is SO much easier than finding a franchise LT.

The Bills made a mistake by not getting a serviceable guy to play the position but let's not get carried away. The guys at LG have been awful. You need to find a new LG not a new LT.

You mean to say that he might not be pissed that Buddy Nix was saying all along pre-draft that they saw him as a Guard, possibly making him slip to the 2nd round of the draft vice the 1st round?

But he is one of the top graded LT's in the game! So what does someone's thinking 2 years ago have to do with it?

What does one have to do with the other? They kept scrubs and never pursued the Brandon Moore's, Chad Rhinehart's, Louis Vazquez's of the world. None of those guys is Levitre but they are all decent guards. They didn't draft a mid round guy either. Finding a guard is SO much easier than finding a franchise LT.

The Bills made a mistake by not getting a serviceable guy to play the position but let's not get carried away. The guys at LG have been awful. You need to find a new LG not a new LT.

But he is one of the top graded LT's in the game! So what does someone's thinking 2 years ago have to do with it?

You said the Bills would have a much easier time replacing a LG, which they showed this past offseason that it wasn't so easy.

I voted "No" purely on the information garnered this year(mainly from informed posters on this board) that Glenn is playing at a top 10 level.

If he was having some struggles playing OT......sure, move him to OG and try again with a top prospect for OT.....but you don't move a player who is playing very well at one of the more important positions just to fill a need.

Rather than risking whiffing at OT via the draft, better to risk whiffing at OG(and with a cheaper pick).