Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

We all know the LG position is a big area of need this offseason as the Bills haven't had good play from that spot all year. Instead of drafting a LG or signing one in free agency, should the Bills switch Glenn to LG and draft a LT in the early rounds of the draft? This is not to say that Glenn hasn't been doing a good job at LT. Earlier in the year on NFLN, Mike Mayock stated that he feels with Glenn's size, that if he made the transition to LG, that he could easily be a probowl guard. Your thoughts?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but what LT? It's easy to say, just push him inside and draft a LT, but how long have the Bills looked for a LT like Glenn. Why not just look for a LG? Because Mike Mayock thinks he could be a pro bowl LG? Give him til next year, he'll be a Pro Bowl/All Pro LT.

I'm not into college football, so I don't know who is available in the draft. IMO, I feel Glenn is a solid LT and if he had a good LG to compliment him, he could even be better as you mentioned.

I'm not into college football, so I don't know who is available in the draft. IMO, I feel Glenn is a solid LT and if he had a good LG to compliment him, he could even be better as you mentioned.

So why reverse course on the most coveted position in the game when you got a good thing going?

Why, oh why, please tell me why, would the team want to take a very good young LT and move him to LG so that an unproven draft pick can take over at LT?

No offense to the OP; doesn't it make more sense, if you already have a very good LT, to draft a kid to play LG, a position that's arguably much easier to fill?

Why, oh why, please tell me why, would the team want to take a very good young LT and move him to LG so that an unproven draft pick can take over at LT?

No offense to the OP; doesn't it make more sense, if you already have a very good LT, to draft a kid to play LG, a position that's arguably much easier to fill?

It was a question I had since I heard Mike Mayock mention it over the summer. There's no doubt Glenn is a very good LT, but what if he played even better at the LG spot?

Glenn is becoming a very good LT so why would you want to move him?

LT's are harder to find then LG's so why wouldnt they just find a legit LG?

this topic has been brought up numerous times but i never understand why

Edited by Max997

See what FA , LG is available at end of season. That position is a high priority to have a running game and keep EJ in one piece

The run game has suffered, especially on the left side of the O-line as the Bills have not been able to open up holes for the RB's (which is a big reason why Spiller is not having the same success as in previous seasons).

Not sure why you would do this. You have an already established LT, keep him there. Draft the best tackle and move him to RT. The Bills have multiple needs at o-line. They can't all be fixed in the first round. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 new linemen next season, possibly 2 if you move Pears to guard.

Not sure why you would do this. You have an already established LT, keep him there. Draft the best tackle and move him to RT. The Bills have multiple needs at o-line. They can't all be fixed in the first round. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 new linemen next season, possibly 2 if you move Pears to guard.

It's a tough call and would be kind of risky no doubt. Do you move an already established LT to LG and hope you find another solid LT in the early rounds of the draft? If it works, great, then the Bills look like geniuses, but if it doesn't work, then they would look like a bunch of bumbling idiots.

The left side of the O-line used to be a strength, now it's a weakness, especially in the run game. One thing is for sure, it needs to be upgraded.

Two of the three best players in this draft are OT's. We should get one of them if available. If not I'd go for one of three best OLB's. When you are picking fifth or sixth you have to go for the value player available and most of them will be OT's or linebackers. Bridgewater would be nice, but I think he'll be gone before we pick.

We all know the LG position is a big area of need this offseason as the Bills haven't had good play from that spot all year. Instead of drafting a LG or signing one in free agency, should the Bills switch Glenn to LG and draft a LT in the early rounds of the draft? This is not to say that Glenn hasn't been doing a good job at LT. Earlier in the year on NFLN, Mike Mayock stated that he feels with Glenn's size, that if he made the transition to LG, that he could easily be a probowl guard. Your thoughts?

I have to say that I am always taken aback when I hear something like, "Oh let's just draft a guy". As if drafting somebody is anything close to a guarantee that the guy will actually make it in the NFL. The harsh reality is that no matter which team is drafting, most draft choices are a bust. A Cordy Glenn is the exception, not the rule, and in fact a rare find. Glenn has played well, and certainly would resent a move to guard, which pays much less than a left tackle. He has earned his LT position, and the draft is a crapshoot in terms of finding someone who is as successful as Glenn. Don't mess with a rare success, and as has been noted previously, guards are less important and much easier to find.