You Asked! DraftTek Consensus Mock Draft CMD 6

Astrobot

You made the Bills' positional needs known in this poll, I submitted them, and the computer gave us this draft as the result. It's 4 rounds. What do you think? On the right are always 2 other names that popped up; do you prefer the alternative more than the actual pick?

I'm interested what TBD thinks of the Round 4 pick in particular. That fell to us because other teams weren't picking that position, and he was too high a value to pass up. Does a later pick interest you more? His explosion factor is top 5 at his position, and he falls there because he's never been a receiver in that offense.

Astro

Best pick, IMO, is Boyd in the 3rd. I don't like Seferian-Jenkins that early in the 1st. Would rather have Mack or Mike Evans there. I don't know much about the guard in round 2, be I wouldn't be opposed to adding a G/T there. Finally, I wouldn't draft a RB in the first 4 rounds. We have more pressing needs.

See, there was this poll (see link above) where TBD determined that their top 2 needs were OG (75 votes) and TE (70 votes). Seferian-Jenkins is the top TE (before Ebron and Amaro), and Gabe Jackson is my #2-rated Guard (after Yankey and before Steen). Not a bad haul.

See, there was this poll (see link above) where TBD determined that their top 2 needs were OG (75 votes) and TE (70 votes). Seferian-Jenkins is the top TE (before Ebron and Amaro), and Gabe Jackson is my #2-rated Guard (after Yankey and before Steen). Not a bad haul.

Yeah Astro, I remember the thread/poll and I appreciate your efforts. I just disagree with the findings of the poll, as I believe WR and OLB to be greater needs than TE (as well as better value at that stage in the 1st round).

I have some questions because I want to know a few guys to go look at:

Are there any big, fat NT's that are good but possess a quick first step and some explosiveness to get in a gap? I imagine a player like this could be picked up later in the draft and a player like that is one I'd like to add.

Interesting pickup on the 4th round RB, and I know it is based off of votes but I would imagine a CB might be more valuable in the 4th then an RB. IIRC the talk is that the CB position is not deep in this draft.

You mean... We could have Yankey-Wood. We need to bring back Wang. Wang-Yankey-Wood.

I do not really want Boyd. I have seen him play some good games but I do not want to put a flier on a 3rd round QB when there are vets out there that can contribute more. Though Boyds cieling is higher then most experienced vets I do not think he will offer what this team needs as a backup.

Edited by jboyst62

i really like austin seferian jenkins but if it was up to me with the draft that way id rather go

1 jake mathews

2. gabe jackson

3.id rather go xavier grumble or will sutton. i know sutton isn't a need but that kid is good

4. marion grice I'm with that pick too.

Good job Astro.

Although I agree that Tight End is a need, I would not draft Jenkins that high. If Khalil Mack is there, I take him.

I like the Gabe Jackson pick in the 2nd round.

Tajh Boyd is intriguing, but I'd be surprised if he lasted that long.

Marion Grice is an interesting player, and although I think RB is a lesser need, I would be fine with drafting him.

This looks like a Terry Bledsoe type of draft. Have to sure up the defense. Mack in 1st. Maybe to Jackson, but would like Roberson(CB) in 2nd. Get TE from Iowa in 3rd, his stock is gonna rise in combine/workouts.

I like the Iowa TE. He's a more athletic and better blocking version of Chandler.

He's drawn comparisons to Gronk which is nice.