Cutler Anyone?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bet against a Bears fan that Cutler will not be retained. McCown has shown in his limited time that he can do no worse. That is enough to put doubt in the FO's mind. Do they want to invest $15mm-ish in Cutler when a cheaper option can do about same ? Bears need a lot of help on D and that will cost them. My guess is that Cutler is not retained and the Bears draft a QB then go all D the rest of the draft

I dont know I just dont see it... bears havent had a QB in YEARS. Cutler has all the tools and is a solid QB. It would be a huge mistake in my opinion if they let him go. YES McCown has been playing excellent however he is 34 and Trestman offense is very QB friendly. If Bears dont give Cutler 16 mil + some other team would happily take him in.

I have seen some reports there is a lot of speculation Cutler is going to be let go at the end of the season. (Sorry no link, I read it on flip board)

With all the EJ is horrible talk, anyone think the Bills should consider him?

I am not saying the Bills should, more just curious if anyone thinks he is or could be decent.

Personally, I've never been a Cutler fan but I do think he is semi competent.

*mods, I searched and haven't seen this yet. Feel free to merge, delete or whatever else you desire

He was doing well in Trestman's offense. Will that carry over to Hackett's?

He was doing well in Trestman's offense. Will that carry over to Hackett's?

That is a thoughtful question indeed .

I dont think we need anything more than a vet mentor at this point. and that may be a moot point next year.

I am not ready to replace EJ yet. Even though I did think he might not be ready to start this year. F'n Kolb ruined everything. the selfish bastard.

Cutler is more than we can use at this point.. be very interesting to watch how the Bears handle him though

Yeah, because if the Bills wanted Cutler, they would have just took him in the draft! Wait, we had JP! LoL... So we took Lil Donte Hitner! LoL...

Watch, next draft will be the same thing! We have EJ! LoL...

No chance the Bears let Cutler go.

Lol at Bills fans thinking he's not good enough to be here.

He wasn't... We could have drafted him!

McCown will be the hotter property in the off-season. He won't get big money but he'll have many suitors as a backup or for a team whose starter needs to be pushed or tutored. Cutler will end up being overpaid by someone and I doubt it will be the Bears.

McCown is the new "Flynn." Before that, Flynn was the new Kolb... LoL How teams get snookered in all the time... LoL...

I'll take him in a hot minute. We have a 2nd year scrub, a rookie undrafted scrub, and a rookie who has dissapointed. Even if ej is the man, we need qb talent. We knew this in the off season and got kolb, but his brain is mush now. I'd also draft a qb if one comes to us and looks to be a value at our pick (green bay, Seattle, philly, and even the faketriots have done this).

lol call me crazy, but I don't remember the Cutler thread from last year. Or like, ever.

there doesn't necessarily need to be a thread for the subject to come up over and over.

Tell you what, I'll change it.

Why is Cutler's name brought up practically season after season?

Why was Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton in competition in Chitown?

Why was Jay Cutler and and Jake Plummer in competition in Denver?

there doesn't necessarily need to be a thread for the subject to come up over and over.

Tell you what, I'll change it.

Why is Cutler's name brought up practically season after season?

Why was Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton in competition in Chitown?

Why was Jay Cutler and and Jake Plummer in competition in Denver?

Chicago traded Orton and 2 firsts for Cutler, they never played on the same team.

Jake Plummer was the QB in Denver when Cutler was drafted. Cutler took his job.