Preliminary Top 10 excuses for 2014

billsfan714

1. EJ is only in his second year, QB X didnt play well in his second year either.

2. Marrone is only in year 2 you cant expect much he's still learning.

3. Hackett is only in year 2 you cant expect much he's still learning the NFL game.

4. We lost Byrd it will take X number of years for his replacement to play well.

5. Player X and Y were hurt if not for those injuries we would of made the playoffs

6. If you change a play in this game and that game and this game we would of been 9-7

7. The refs screwed in this game and that game.

8. Rookie A and B are starting and it will take them time to learn.

9. TJ Graham is only in year 3, Brandon Lloyd and whoever didnt have a good year until,,,,,,,

10. They lost a heartbreaker in week X of course there would be a let down in the next few games

I post this because Im sick of the excuses. They're getting old, lamer and more desperate by the year. The team motto for 2014 should be no excuses, none. Young coaches--- screw it,, work harder in the off season and step it up, same for anybody filling in for injuries, free agents lost or any rookies starting. Tough call or loss, get over it.

Screw development with no results in the W-L column, go out get some respect from the other teams in the league.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to make twice as many excuses for this team now that I know it annoys you.

I'm going to make twice as many excuses for this team now that I know it annoys you.

LOL, been on this board 5 years now and I've read them all from the drafting, to the front office and coaching hires to players and their play on the field. The one common theme is its not really anybodys fault and the only cure is patience and we will be good next year or the year after or the year after that or......

here's one:

"This is actually basically EJ's rookie season. Last year he missed the preseason and bunch of the regular season with injury, so this is his first time getting a full go at things. You have to look at him like a rookie."

1. Team uninspired by cost-saving Cessna flyover at home opener;

2. Marrone adopted new motivational philosophy - - put Wide Right and Music City Miracle on a continuous video loop in weight room;

3. Excess speculation caused by movie sequel to Weekend at Bernies' being titled "Summer at Ralph's;"

4. Whaley forgot to test potential draftees for superior temporal sulcus thickness;

5. Team shouldn't have hired Maybin as strength and conditioning coach;

6. Experimental ESPN drone camera crash injured Jeff Toole and prevented him from getting crucial experience in second half of final preseason game;

7. TBD re-instated "Last Post Wins" thread causing world-wide Internet crash and onset of new Dark Ages;

8. Shouldn't have hired Conrad Murray as team doctor;

9. Kiko Alonso sought greater individual challenge by leaving sissy team and trained at the North Pole for the Iditarod - - the legend grows;

10. Letting Bon Jovi hold for field goals if he promised not to buy the team seemed like a good idea at the time.

It's hard to win in the NFL.

We should've re-aligned with the AFC South.

We need a year in relegation, like the Premier League, expose the rookies to the Arena League & hope to win promotion in 2015.

It was the Loch Ness monster & we need two fiddy.

Whitner v Ngata.

Something about Ralph.

We played in the snow, once too.

The NFL disrespects us by having us play teams that are coming off of long rests, opening against the Patriots & strength of schedule means even when we're playing the crappier end of the schedule, those teams get hot- Tampa & Jags are both 4-1 from last 5 gawd dammit.

Too many drunks, not enough urinals...

Pinto Kenny missed a home game.

It was worth trading a 1st & Alonso for Green Bays Flynn...

I tried!

1. EJ is only in his second year, QB X didnt play well in his second year either.

3. Hackett is only in year 2 you cant expect much he's still learning the NFL game.

4. We lost Byrd it will take X number of years for his replacement to play well.

5. Player X and Y were hurt if not for those injuries we would of made the playoffs

6. If you change a play in this game and that game and this game we would of been 9-7

9. TJ Graham is only in year 3, Brandon Lloyd and whoever didnt have a good year until,,,,,,,

10. They lost a heartbreaker in week X of course there would be a let down in the next few games

I post this because Im sick of the excuses. They're getting old, lamer and more desperate by the year. The team motto for 2014 should be no excuses, none. Young coaches--- screw it,, work harder in the off season and step it up, same for anybody filling in for injuries, free agents lost or any rookies starting. Tough call or loss, get over it.

Screw development with no results in the W-L column, go out get some respect from the other teams in the league.

Careful now, the blind optimists might mock you in spite of a well thought out and lucid post...

LOL, been on this board 5 years now and I've read them all from the drafting, to the front office and coaching hires to players and their play on the field. The one common theme is its not really anybodys fault and the only cure is patience and we will be good next year or the year after or the year after that or......

Don't forget injuries, playing teams off the bye week, and other NFL conspiracy theories.

Very well thought out. I agree with everything you said and I have no doubt next season when the team is 3-8 in November we will get to hear many of these. It's funny that people continue to buy in now with 14 terrible years in a row. I wonder if anyone realizes this will be the 6th year in a row we finish last in the AFC East.

1. Curse of Flutie

2. EJ needs time

3. Marrone needs time

4. Injuries (as if we are the only team that ever has them)

5. Lost our guard to free agency (like it a freaking mortar attack out of nowhere)

6. Byrd held out

7. Front office needs time

8. The Toronto experience was too much for the players.

9. The front office needs more time

10. Ralph is out of touch and out of date.

1. EJ needs another 2 years before we can call him a bust or not

2. Byrd was paid way to much

3. They kept the wrong backup QB

4. Injuries are killing them

5. Lost our (fill in the blank) to free agency

6. Front office is still missing that one big play-maker

7. The Toronto experience is a guaranteed loss

8. Ralph is out of touch and out of date.

9. The Bills want to capture a record no one wants to break.

10. THE :censored: REF's are killing us

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever