Preliminary Top 10 excuses for 2014

billsfan714

Well researched. I see your point, but I disagree with your conclusion. My guess is that Seattle would not do that deal in retrospect and other teams would be looking at that deal with a wary eye. I suppose teams that are "all in" might look for a player they think might put them over the top, but do you really believe that the acquisition of Stevie will do that? Colour me skeptical.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league. If a team wants to overpay for a middle of the road, possession receiver prone to big drops and fumbles, then hey, I am all for it.

I think I'd agree with that...probably not to the point where Stevie's value maxes out at a 6 or a 7 though...I think a 2nd or a 3rd plus a 6th is more like it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bitter negativism is a defense mechanism for fans of downtrodden franchises. If some people say, "EJ sucks and will always suck," and EJ does end up sucking, they will have the endorphins released from being correct offset the pain of another failure. It numbs the pain.

Quite the opposite actually, I get not pleasure in watching this team suck year after year. And maybe just maybe, people you view as negative really care more about this team. We're not going to sick back and make excuses. The ones who really have the "endorphins released from being correct" are the excuse makers.

These do all sound familiar.

Have you already given up on 2014 though? If you are already predicting the coming excuses, then you must already believe that we'll need excuses next year. I like a lot of our pieces, and with a good draft, I think we are playoff bound. That said, I guess I'm what Homey D Clown would call a "blind optimist". I don't get what is wrong with realizing your team isn't/hasn't been good for a while, while also recognizing that we have more talent than we've had in some time. Why watch if you don't have hope that it can be turned around. Just look at the Chiefs. I think they are overrated, but either way, they're in the playoffs after having a horrible season last year. A year that also included many bright spots (6 pro bowlers). That sounds a lot like us.

I'm not saying you are one of these posters but do you know who's worse than the excuse makers and "blind optimists"? The negative visionaries who, no matter what the outcome in any situation, criticize the result and act as if they knew all along how things would turn out. Hindsight is the only view they have.

If Byrd doesn't come back and plays well: "See, I told you we should have kept him. Management is awful".

If Byrd does come back and doesn't play well: "See, I told you we should have let him go. Management is awful".

Their opinions don't come out till they see the results. I'll take the excuse makers over those people any day.

If you read my post all it says is end the excuses. Every one of the excuses I listed other teams have overcome at times and made the playoffs whether its new coaches, new system, injuries, players lost in free agency, rookies starting, etc. I dont get the vapors if someone criticizes this team. To me, if you havent been criticizing this team for over a decade from coaching and GM hires, drafting, and play on the field then you probably dont care if they win or lose. I do care.

If you read my post all it says is end the excuses. Every one of the excuses I listed other teams have overcome at times and made the playoffs whether its new coaches, new system, injuries, players lost in free agency, rookies starting, etc. I dont get the vapors if someone criticizes this team. To me, if you havent been criticizing this team for over a decade from coaching and GM hires, drafting, and play on the field then you probably dont care if they win or lose. I do care.

Ok. So to be a fan that cares if we win you have to be negative. Gotcha. No point in continuing this.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall