My theory on why the Bills looked so horrific today

1billsfan

I'm 56 years old, been watching this team as long as I can remember and today was the worst I ever felt watching this team...

I`m 54 and getting used to it. What can you do. You always know what`s going to happen. My one oldest son gets worked up about it and mad at my remarks,but I call it like it is. When they ever start winning again I`ll shut up. Hackett has got to go. His talent evaluation also sux.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the kind of game that experienced and successful gamblers can call a million miles away...

A team that saw their Playoff hopes smashed in devastating fashion the week prior has to fly south some 1250 miles to play a team that had won 3 of their last 4 games, and their last 2 at home...

The Bills had nothing to play for...Except pride of course...Which it can certainly be argued they have little of...

Too bad I'm not an experienced gambler...I could have actually done something constructive with those 3.5 hours... B-)

The patriots had a brutal loss to carolina. Next week, they man up and beat the broncos after falling behind. No excuses.

I would submit to you that the Patriots have much more talent than we do, on the field and on the sideline.

Atlanta 34 - Bills 31

I saw a team that was so completely unfocused today that I wondered if that the OT loss to Atlanta last week crushed them. I did not recognize the Buffalo Bills today. Garnering any sort of meaningful conclusions on individual players or coaches in this game is pretty much pointless IMO. Having said that, the Jaguars game will be very telling IMO. Next week there is no longer the "not enough time to get over the season ending crushing defeat" excuse.

No? They seemed very familiar to anyone watching for the past 13 years.....

I'm 57 and can certainly remember worse losses. The 1966 championship loss preventing a trip to SB I. The Music City debacle. Wide right in our first SB. Losing after a halftime lead in our fourth SB. A playoff loss to Miami where Flutie played great and Moulds got caught from behind and fumbled, and eventually we lost. The playoff game against Pittsburgh when Bruce Smith couldn't play because he had the flu.

Those were all important games. Today was a step toward a better draft choice. I was disappointed in the outcome, but the O-line has been getting progressively worse and it was no surprise that the offense couldn't do anything. The defense once again was the cure for whatever ailed the opposition's running game. The officials were beyond bad but it wouldn't have mattered if they called everything right.

I'm 57 and can certainly remember worse losses. The 1966 championship loss preventing a trip to SB I. The Music City debacle. Wide right in our first SB. Losing after a halftime lead in our fourth SB. A playoff loss to Miami where Flutie played great and Moulds got caught from behind and fumbled, and eventually we lost. The playoff game against Pittsburgh when Bruce Smith couldn't play because he had the flu.

Those were all important games. Today was a step toward a better draft choice. I was disappointed in the outcome, but the O-line has been getting progressively worse and it was no surprise that the offense couldn't do anything. The defense once again was the cure for whatever ailed the opposition's running game. The officials were beyond bad but it wouldn't have mattered if they called everything right.

Thank you sir.

Was this loss really that terrible, we just passed Tampa on the draft board. If you don't make the playoffs, whats the point of a win. Moral victory? Drop in the Draft board? Really the loss is actually a good thing.

Are you back to caring?

I would submit to you that the Patriots have much more talent than we do, on the field and on the sideline.

Well that and they pay off the refs

You can make the playoffs with a bunch of spare parts if you have an elite QB, excellent coaching and player confidence in those two.

Which is why nowadays with the wage scale you draft every year until you find one...I was hoping that EJ would get better throughout the year, but he hasn't....Everyone who piled on Microscopes owes that guy an apology; he was spot on...

Precisely what it was.

I've had weekly premonitions that have come to fruition almost every time this year.

Last week's was: we will not win a close game. We might blow them out, they might blow us out, but if it's close, we lose.

This week's: the game will not be close.

I knew one of two Bills teams would show up: a dejected one, or one playing with its hair on fire. I think it's clear which one we got.

I had a premonition this past week too. I knew if we didn't win, we most certainly were going to lose. :nana:

The patriots had a brutal loss to carolina. Next week, they man up and beat the broncos after falling behind. No excuses.

.......... No where near an apples to apples comparison. Their season wasn't down the drain. How can our line do a great job, like they did against KC, but look so pitiful as they did Sunday? First game against the Jets, they were poor, and while we didn't run the ball well in the second game, the pass blocking was good. In the past, we've had success running out of a spread formation, but we just don't employ that formation anymore. Spread them out and then give Freddie and CJ a shot for crying out loud.....

I would also move Stevie back outside, and use Chris Hogan in the slot, thus benching TJ Graham, a complete waste of a roster spot, and rotate in Easley so he can get some quality reps. Time to experiment a bit. It's time to play for roster spots and those who perform, stay, those that don't........

Was this loss really that terrible, we just passed Tampa on the draft board. If you don't make the playoffs, whats the point of a win. Moral victory? Drop in the Draft board? Really the loss is actually a good thing.

Oh great! Now you said it!! The Bills will start winning NOW that it's meaningless and they have no pressure (to win) on them!!

Seriously, this team is still too good at shrinking at the moment of truth. Whenever they're called on to deliver in the clutch - they don't. Then when the pressure is off, they play well again making us think there's a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

I know the regime is new and so is the QB, so I am willing to be patient, but this team needs to know that this is a continual pattern of behavior and that each of them need to decide if they want to belong to the Pretenders (like the last 13 versions of the Bills) or do they want to stand-up and smash Fate in the mouth and make their own destinys!!