I want answers on phantom call on Williams

tedstrong

I don't disagree, that's why I called it ticky tack. They were battling each other, but, when the ref sees the jersey suddenly pull away from the receiver's chest I'm not at all surprised at the flag.

Unless the ref had X-ray vision there is no possible way he could have saw that. The receiver was blocking his view. I believe it was the same line judge that called both of those late penalties and also spotted ej down before the goal line when he clearly scored.

Forget the Robey penalty, how about the decision to give them another third down, instead of forcing them to score on fourth down?

did we have the choice to take that? It seemed like everything was rushed after that I didn't see anyone on the bills side say take the penalty.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monitoring and holding the worst Officials accountable by way of actual mistakes doesn't mean your axing them for every bad call.

correct. and you do realize officials are monitored and have some degree of accountability already - so if you are calling for far more to be demoted.... well... my point was that wholesale firing of guys that mess up doesnt create a more skilled workforce if you are replacing them with guys that will mess up more. unless you are arguing that theres an untapped pool of officials the nfl is ignoring because they dont want the best possible ones working - firing guys more often doesnt seem to fix the problems. theres a balance to be had, and i think many neglect that even the best official in the world is going to miss calls, have bad angles, and make flat out mistakes with some degree of regularity - its the nature of the game.

In a game where they had ample opportunity to win, where a supposed number 1 receiver choked once again, some are upset by the refs.

The refs are unimportant.

SJ taking another crap on the field is important.

Calls are missed on every snap of the ball. The Bills deserved to lose and they did.

The problem I had with the Robey call was the contact between the CB and WR was within the context of how the game was being called to that point. So suddenly late in the 4th quarter the downfield official decides that contact warranting a PI penalty is judged to a looser different standard than the previous 58 minutes of the game. That's my issue, if that is PI then other instances where both teams were guilty should have been flagged during the game. But they were not. The way the game was called to that point set the understanding for both the recievers and secondary on how the game would be called and what they could and could not do as defined by the enforcement of the rules.

To call it then, and to clearly insert the officials into determining the outcome of the game is unacceptable. The officials need to call the game on a consistent basis for 60 minutes, not 58.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Was just wondering, after reading the thread title, did the league give you a call and explanation yet?

Would that it were so...it seems to bother you that I would have the temerity to want accountability from 'Oz-the Great and Powerful!' (the NFL) behind the curtain. Hell yes, I want accountability!

correct. and you do realize officials are monitored and have some degree of accountability already - so if you are calling for far more to be demoted.... well... my point was that wholesale firing of guys that mess up doesnt create a more skilled workforce if you are replacing them with guys that will mess up more. unless you are arguing that theres an untapped pool of officials the nfl is ignoring because they dont want the best possible ones working - firing guys more often doesnt seem to fix the problems. theres a balance to be had, and i think many neglect that even the best official in the world is going to miss calls, have bad angles, and make flat out mistakes with some degree of regularity - its the nature of the game.

Good points,

I'm not calling for far more Officials to get demotions. I'm calling for more accountability for the bad calls. Not just from League Supervision overall assessment, but from actual documentation that keeps track of blown calls per Official along with the degree of game change If any that may have resulted.

Not unexpected among fans of a team that has sucked for 14 straight years.

Actually, they haven't sucked for each of them, and they certainly don't suck this year. We definitely have things moving in the right direction. I've deleted the rest of my sardonic responses to your bitterness and merely hope you have a great day! :thumbsup:

In a game where they had ample opportunity to win, where a supposed number 1 receiver choked once again, some are upset by the refs.

Calls are missed on every snap of the ball. The Bills deserved to lose and they did.

Once again the specific calls in question were made at the specific time the Bills would have had the game iced, the drops happened in the resulting OT. Guess the refs are important

The Officials and the NFL have yet to explain that call or the Robey call which essentially tied the game. If you remember, Williams wasn't even on that side of the field. The fumbles would never have happened, obviously. Marrone said he contacted the league but got no answers.

I was pissed when I saw the flag, but on the NBC highlights they showed a different angle in which you actually see Robey grab Douglas' jersey and pull him down. The call on Williams? Complete BS.

Yeah you know if the refs hadn't missed two calls, Stevie wouldn't have had to fumble because we kneel down.

Good points,

I'm not calling for far more Officials to get demotions. I'm calling for more accountability for the bad calls. Not just from League Supervision overall assessment, but from actual documentation that keeps track of blown calls per Official along with the degree of game change If any that may have resulted.

the world is your oyster, man. go ahead and grab that all-22 film and start the website.

i did read an article, i think this week, that part of the believed problem with the current officials is that they are making calls worried about their grade and moving away from the grading system in place is slowly starting to gain traction with the powers that be.

Edited by NoSaint