Dear Mr. Brandon--the Toronto series must go

dezertbill

I'll start off by saying I'm a season ticket holder who lives much closer to Toronto then Buffalo and I completely agree that this series must go. The Ralph is a HUGE advantage for the Bills and in a league where they only play 16 games you need every advantage you can get.

That being said, let`s get one thing straight - no matter where you play a 2 - 9 team, be it The Ralph, Georgia Dome, Rogers centre or in my backyard YOU HAVE TO BEAT THEM! Dont blame the stadium or the crowd for the loss, it clearly falls at the feet of the missed plays on Defence and the lost fumbles.

Rich

Agree. The Toronto series is a strawman at this point. We aren't good enough to stop beating ourselves.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said OP. This series is a disaster. Ralph has sold the city, the team and the fans down the river with this odious deal. The Rogers family basically stole the skydome from the people of Ontario who owned it, now they are trying to steal the Bills from Buffalo. Last week they stole all the hockey coverage from Canadians as well. They are a parasitic bunch and Ralph is enabling them with this BS. I went to a Bills at the Skydome game back in the 90s vs the Packers. It was preseason and the Bills got blown out. It was by far the worst football game I have ever witnessed in person. Even the CFL games I have seen in that cavernous place suck. The place sucks for football, sucks for baseball, sucks for soccer. It sucks for concerts even more. Yet Ralph apparently needed even more money in his 90s so he jumps at the chance to give away a home game to these corporate bloodsuckers. And if you are wondering Bills fans, if it appears that Toronto hates the Buffalo Bills and cheers for the opposition in each of these joke games you are right! Toronto fans are not Bills fans they hate everything Buffalo. Being a Canadian Bills fan in the Niagara region, I had to deal with these A-holes all the time. People who aren’t even fans of the opposition teams but just cheer against the Bills. When Ralph passes, they need to kill this deal asap!

This series is an utter joke. Few fans show up, and the cheers seemed to be louder for Atlanta than Buffalo yesterday. Someone from the News should do a story on the frantic efforts on game days to herd human bodies into the stadium.

Finally, that playing surface is an embarrassment to the league. This is the NFL, for Christ's sake -- the wealthiest league in the world. There's no reason why they can't put in a decent playing surface. I've never seen so many players slip on artificial turf in my life.

We do not need Toronto. We need to WIN. Winning will draw in all sorts of fans. We survived for decades without regionalizing as far north as Toronto. Sure, population has declined, but the team just needs to win. And maybe the state, county, & city politicians could actually make WNY a welcoming environment for businesses so the population would actually rebound. Wake up leaders. Jobs is the engine that makes it all tick and there just aren't enough of them in the Buffalo area.

Me, I'm not real ramped up about the Toronto games. But as long as we're "stuck with it," what about a different tactic? Schedule that game in Sept. or Oct and get the - - - - thing over with. It's always been in late Nov. or into Dec each year. Well in that time of the season, the Bills need that mojo from Buffalo that they get at the Ralph. Especially this year with playoff implications on the line as in yesterday's game. I'm not convinced that it's impossible to schedule the game that early in the season, what with the Jays & Argonauts games there. The NFL has Monday & Thursday night games, as well as 3 time slots to work in the Sunday game. C'mon, something can be worked out. I think Brandon & the Bills organization should jump on this early to start getting it scheduled earlier in the season Just an idea. Go Bills!

Me, I'm not real ramped up about the Toronto games. But as long as we're "stuck with it," what about a different tactic? Schedule that game in Sept. or Oct and get the - - - - thing over with. It's always been in late Nov. or into Dec each year. Well in that time of the season, the Bills need that mojo from Buffalo that they get at the Ralph. Especially this year with playoff implications on the line as in yesterday's game. I'm not convinced that it's impossible to schedule the game that early in the season, what with the Jays & Argonauts games there. The NFL has Monday & Thursday night games, as well as 3 time slots to work in the Sunday game. C'mon, something can be worked out. I think Brandon & the Bills organization should jump on this early to start getting it scheduled earlier in the season Just an idea. Go Bills!

I think Toronto wants to wait until end of the CFL season --- if we schedule earlier, why not schedule 2 games up there in August :nana: --

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

You kidding me? Everything is going just as planned for Mr. Russ Brandon. Another losing, non-playoff year in Buffalo, and another offseason promotion and title change for Russ Brandon. Can you think of any other person in the corporate world who has climbed the career ladder higher for an organization that has consistently under-performed than Mr. Russ Brandon? Based on the way the Bills do things, he'll get a pay raise and another title promotion because we sucked for a 14th straight season.

Maybe the door is open to end this debacle of an idea that clearly does more harm than good:

@WGR550

Brandon on WGR: Bills Will Review Toronto Series http://bit.ly/1kam56b

Wow, I must say Russ sounds pissed. Sure seems like he was saying there is an out to this debacle of a series.

Can't believe he said only two games sold out...but I actually trust Russ.

Wow, I must say Russ sounds pissed. Sure seems like he was saying there is an out to this debacle of a series.

Can't believe he said only two games sold out...but I actually trust Russ.

Probably pissed about the Bon Jovi story, the dismal turnout, and the Rob Ford association too.

@ChrisBrownBills

Brandon to evaluate Toronto Series http://wp.me/plmrg-9it

Probably pissed about the Bon Jovi story, the dismal turnout, and the Rob Ford association too.

@ChrisBrownBills

Brandon to evaluate Toronto Series http://wp.me/plmrg-9it

sounds a bit schizophrenic to me. if "nothing comes before winning" then there is nothing to consider. the series should go away, now. his statements also fly in the face of the belief that ticket sales are irrelevant in today's nfl. he doesn't seem to agree. perhaps if they started winning, there would be more sell outs.

he's right. send it to wilson. maybe someone can read it to him.

Sad to say but Money Talks! The BILLS would justify a game or whatever in HELL as long as the big checks keep coming. Since we already play in NE & NY, maybe HELL could also be sold as a "home game" too.

sounds a bit schizophrenic to me. if "nothing comes before winning" then there is nothing to consider. the series should go away, now. his statements also fly in the face of the belief that ticket sales are irrelevant in today's nfl. he doesn't seem to agree. perhaps if they started winning, there would be more sell outs.

This.

You are working to "manufacture" sellouts because nobody wants to pay to watch a team kick them in the nuts year after year after year.

This.

You are working to "manufacture" sellouts because nobody wants to pay to watch a team kick them in the nuts year after year after year.

between the organization blaming the victims (fans) and many of the victims defending the organization, it seems we have a massive example of the stockholm syndrome http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Stockholm+syndrome. the bills are playing it like a stradavarious.

I give Russ credit sometimes. He does listen to the fans and having met him once, I do trust he is committed to winning. I am 100% convinced he (or someone in his office) visits this board and others to gauge how fans are reacting to uniforms, Toronto and the product on the field. I would be very happy if they eliminated the series and frankly wouldn't be surprised if they did eliminate it