MNF #1 seed in NFC

NoSaint

I didn't mind Caroll that much until the Seahawks played the Bills, faked a punt and ran up the score. Now I want to fight him. Coupled with that and the fact that he used to coach against the Bills in the AFC East, and I hate him now.

I am hoping like hell that it doesn't end up Seatle vs. Patriots or I will have to root for the Seahawks (lesser of two enemies).

I wouldn't say by far - lucks pretty good too. But of the rg3, kaepernick and Wilson group- I'm not surprised he's the best of the "new breed" of qbs... If you saw the pregame interview tonight, it showed a lot of why he's kept getting better while those guys are struggling.

what'd they show?

(I was watching Charlie Brown Christmas)

Edited by jboyst62

He's better than Luck. Luck is easily flustered now.

Even if better (haven't seen enough lately to judge finer points) I would be surprised to categorize him far and away better simply as lucks been so successful. Wilson's also in a great situation in Seattle. Both very good young qbs with great careers ahead.

what'd they show?

(I was watching Charlie Brown Christmas)

Just his usual great composure/demeanor. Talked about wanting to one day be as successful as the greats and how he still looks up to guys like brees on and off the field. He came across humble and hungry - not like a guy that thought he already arrived.

How did this guy last until the third round with the resources teams put into scouting these days? I can't imagine it was simply his height. Not every qb-needy team last year could have been that stupid, right?

Scouting paradigms are stubborn animals. Conventional wisdom said Wilson needed to create his own passing lanes too often to be successful. If you can't stay in the pocket you can't take advantage of the entire field often enough. A surefire killer in the NFL. Flutie-itis if you will. That was the only knock against him coming out.

GO BILLS!!!

How did this guy last until the third round with the resources teams put into scouting these days? I can't imagine it was simply his height. Not every qb-needy team last year could have been that stupid, right?

I wonder about this every time.

the NFL is about who u know. Id love to know how many "scouts" are where they are bc of their dad, brother, or grandma being a "scout" before them. There isnt a scout school where u obtain a BA in nfl scouting. im sure most of these people had the right connection.

Any monkey can pick Luck and calvin johnson. We pay our scouts hundreds of thousands of dollars to look at the wilsons and tom bradys of the world yet they dont want to put their necks on the lines for misjudging these guys. Its a lot easier to save face when you draft the guy you were "supposed" to draft and then blame his failure on the player than it is to save face when u take a palyer like Wilson and he ends up failing bc u got no one to blame but urself.

Ergo, CYA.

I watched RW his whole senior year at Wisc. He was good, not great. Never did I think he would start in the NFL. Didn't see him play at NC St but since they told him to take a walk after his Jr yr because he wanted to play baseball in the off season, they must not have thought he was much better than Glennon. Again, he was not one of the college QBs that make you think they are going to do anything at the next level. He made some nice plays and has a good arm but he came up small in some big games.

Scouting paradigms are stubborn animals. Conventional wisdom said Wilson needed to create his own passing lanes too often to be successful. If you can't stay in the pocket you can't take advantage of the entire field often enough. A surefire killer in the NFL. Flutie-itis if you will. That was the only knock against him coming out.

GO BILLS!!!

That and a couple great prospects in rg3 and luck... So it's easy to bump him down the list a bit. Wheeden still confuses me though.

Seattle's D is just disgustingly nasty...

I mean they are just completely dominating one of the best offenses in the NFL...the Saints have crossed their own 30 yard line twice in the game, have under 90 yards passing, and its almost the 4th quarter...

Wow...

Edited by matter2003

He made some nice plays and has a good arm but he came up small in some big games.

Don't know where the basis for this comment came from. Freshman year he was leading his team to a bowl game win before getting injured. Sophomore year they didnt make a bowl game. Junior year he led them to a decisive Bowl victory over WV. Senior year he won the first ever Big Ten Championship and then he did lose the Rose Bowl to Oregon but he played incredible. Didn't really come up small in big games. Admitted Russell lover here though.

Seattle's D is just disgustingly nasty...

I mean they are just completely dominating one of the best offenses in the NFL...the Saints have crossed their own 30 yard line twice in the game, have under 90 yards passing, and its almost the 4th quarter...

Wow...

^this.... that's why I wouldn't mind drafting more studs on defense for Petine to utilize!