Question for everyone....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a kid I rooted for the Bills, Sabres and Braves with equal zeal.

I loved the Braves and their often epic tilts with the Knicks (before Marv was known to wear garter belts) in the era of NBA on CBS (Dad moved us to NY in the 70s).

No one took the Braves move to San Diego worse than me and consequently I lost all rooting interest in the NBA, though I did enjoy watching the great teams of the era in the playoffs from time to time.

These discussions appear every year. I remember some doosh here saying he would welcome a Bills move to LA so he could watch them live (he said he was a big Bills fan). This made no sense to me. A team stripped off its history that is remade in another city is not the same team.

There would be no context to remain fan affiliated.

Well said.

I'd find it hard and that comes from someone who has never been to Buffalo and has only been a follower for about 10/11 years. When I started watching the NFL I started supporting Buffalo because we have a family friend from there and that was my only real link with America. But I love the NFL so I probably would adopt someone else.... whilst Drew Brees is still playing it would likely be the Saints... down the road probably whoever I enjoyed watching most at that time. If the Bills went out of existence the only way I could ever imagine myself being really passionate about another team is if there is ever a franchise put over here in the UK in London because then they'd be in my home city. I wouldn't swap to a London team if the Bills were still the Bills though. And I don't actually think a London team is going to happen any time soon. Hopefully the Bills won't leave Buffalo any time soon either.

So you would just pick a new team to cheer for and not follow the team that used to be the Bills?

CBF

I cheer for the Bills because they are the team which represents my hometown, Buffalo. Outside of the Bills, I cant stand NFL football.

If/when the Bills ever leave Buffalo, the NFL will be dead to me instantly.

I'll happily follow college football and have my Sundays free.

That's the worse-case scenario. If they changed to some artificial name like the Toronto-Buffalo Bills. It would be hard to give them up, and I wouldn't call them that anyway! If they pick up and move for good, then I start following the fish, just for something to do...

I grew up a Giants fan in Buffalo until the Bills were born. I've been a Bills fan since. I put up with a lot of sh** while in the military because I liked the AFL games. Now I catch it because I love the Bills. I love them because they're the Buffalo Bills. I'm not sure id be able to support them if they leave the area. Sad to think of all the memorabilia that would become pretty irrelevant. Hate the thought of being a Giants fan again, but that would probably be it.

I'm watching more and more College Football and less and less Pro Football.

I'm watching more and more College Football and less and less Pro Football.

yep, lots of great football and little emotional commitment.

I am already being pushed to more of a casual fan by all of the rule changes, and the perpetual sucking makes me loath the bills more than love them.

I would not follow a rolacated team. They would no longer be the bills. I might as well root for the fish or pasties if they moved - and I will do neither of which.

I would likely only watch college ball. If I did watch the NFL I would prob just follow my favorite players and let a.teamwin me over that way. Maybe the seahawks because of lynch and r Wilson and theg actually win or whatever team kiko goes to after the bills are too cheap to resign him.

I cheer for the Bills because they are the team which represents my hometown, Buffalo. Outside of the Bills, I cant stand NFL football.

If/when the Bills ever leave Buffalo, the NFL will be dead to me instantly.

I'll happily follow college football and have my Sundays free.

What he said, although I already follow college more closely than the NFL.

Edited by GOBILLS78

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

You could just turn it off like that?

CBF

No to answer your 1st, and Yes to answer your second. Probably would become a casual NFL fan after that. back into my hole....