Question for everyone....

I became a bills fan when I was 8 yrs old getting a Thurman Thomas rookie card and watching all those playoff and Super Bowl games as a child fr WV. Now I'm a season ticket holder and the Bills are a huge part of my time and energy during football season. Even though I'm not from Buffalo, it would rip my heart out if they moved. I would no longer support the team they moved to, and I don't think I could develop the same passion for a new team, it's just been engrained in me as a kid. I really hate all the talk about the Bills moving and I hope Mr Wilson has something in place To ensure they stay

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From where I live, the Ravens are 40 miles east, the Redskins are 40 miles south,the Eagles are 150 miles North East, and the Steelers are less then 200 miles northwest. Some of those team even win some times. In addition, I have not watched a NBA game since the Braves left, so I tend to hold a grudge.

I'd lose the emotional bond with them that I have. If the colors and all changed, like the Ravens, I just could not cheer for them...which is good news. There is no better time for me to become a Panther fan then right now.

Here's what would inevitably happen for me: If the Bills moved to Toronto, I would still "follow" them, probably even be happy when they win. I would follow them from season to season and if they got on a great run to the superbowl it would end in a very anticlimactic "meh"...it just wouldn't be the same.

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

No. I'd root for the BUFFALO Bills. Not the LA Bills. Not the Sri Lanka Bills. Nor the Tel Aviv Bills.

It's Not about the Bills. It's about BUFFALO.

Now, should they move and someday Buffalo regained a franchise and they became the Aardvarks, they'd be my team.

Toronto? Maybe. Anywhere else? No. Wouldn't even watch the NFL anymore.

Not me. I'd still watch with the zest I do now. I still love the sport.

I think I'd consider becoming a Browns fan.

A seamless transition.

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

Not only would I not be a Bills fan any more, I'd not be an NFL fan any more. As evidence I point to that professional basketball league, NBA I think its called. Last time I watched more than 5 minutes of a game in that league was when the Buffalo Braves still existed.....and I watched a lot of NBA games back then....

Have had this conversation with many folks over the years, and have long ago decided that if they leave WNY I am no longer a fan. Further, I have decided that I will use this opportunity to become a fan "free agent".

Teams I will consider for my Fanhood have to be the following:

1. A direct flight or short drive from Raleigh to a fun city

2. Have a history of organizational competence

3. Be a team I have not spent time despising (Dolphins, Pats, Steelers, Jets)

4. Can't be the titans as I have not yet recovered from "home run throwback"

Hope the day never comes!

CBF

It can't come soon enough finding ways to lose is in the DNA of the Bills.

It's the Buffalo part of the Buffalo Bills I root for. If they leave Buffalo I'd root for the Ravens. I live in the DC area and hate the redskins.

I'd cheer double loud for the Ravens when the clobbered the LA Bison (they wouldn't have to change the logo. )

Edited by Why So Serious?