Mike Tomlin Incident

NoSaint

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ref's decision was that he impeded the play and the result would have been a TD, they would have flagged it and awarded him a TD. But that is the real world.

They showed him after the play, knowing he got away with it, smirking like a kid walking away from a candy jar with his pockets full.

I caught that smirk also by Tomlin. Bush league on his part and IMHO not only should Tomlin incur a hefty fine but the Steelers Organization should be penalized next years first round draft choice. Cheating by any player or coach in the NFL must not be tolerated by the league office. Just like Belicheat, players and coaches will bend and break the rules until they get fined, suspensions handed out and teams loose draft choices.

Technically they couldn't have thrown the flag because Tomlin never stepped inside the field (or on the line).

Yes he did... His shoe is clearly over the line, on the field... In the green... Ever so slightly though, but still clear as all day! Watch again, early on... He is on the field of play.

I caught that smirk also by Tomlin. Bush league on his part and IMHO not only should Tomlin incur a hefty fine but the Steelers Organization should be penalized next years first round draft choice. Cheating by any player or coach in the NFL must not be tolerated by the league office. Just like Belicheat, players and coaches will bend and break the rules until they get fined, suspensions handed out and teams loose draft choices.

I am starting to change my opinion. I still think he had no outcome on the run or pursuit and tackle though.

I guess he claims he watches the game on the JumboTron... Are you kidding me? Tech is the downfall! ;-) ;-)

He did this intentionally---and he did it in a way so he didnt actually interfere ---had he a TD would have been awarded and he ejected and suspended by the league.

He instead pushes the limit and enough to slightly distract the player thus having him change is running route into the persuer and slowing him down slightly in the need to turn.

The guy never broke stride. He altered his straight line run by maybe 2 feet to the right (the width of the side line hash) before the defender was on him. No way he would have scored.

That's opinion based, just as me saying that if he was not impeded, forced to go the 2 feet to the right, he could have shaken off any attempted tackle with speed due to straight lining. He would have scored.

The TD award is a moot point. A coach of a team, any team, has the responsibility to be a role model for the young fans watching. Cheating, then lying about it is not a positive environment for teaching character building to the young, and regardless as to what many say, athletic programs such as the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL have a responsibility to that end given their position to influence the youth.

Fine him $100,000 and remove him from the sideline for the remainder of the season. A strong message is what is needed, it will show the young watching that behavior such as this is not tolerated.

That's opinion based, just as me saying that if he was not impeded, forced to go the 2 feet to the right, he could have shaken off any attempted tackle with speed due to straight lining. He would have scored.

The TD award is a moot point. A coach of a team, any team, has the responsibility to be a role model for the young fans watching. Cheating, then lying about it is not a positive environment for teaching character building to the young, and regardless as to what many say, athletic programs such as the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL have a responsibility to that end given their position to influence the youth.

Fine him $100,000 and remove him from the sideline for the remainder of the season. A strong message is what is needed, it will show the young watching that behavior such as this is not tolerated.

I agree. Totally unacceptable behavior by Tomlin. I do not think there is any way it can be argued as unintentional. What a classless tool. They should make an example of him, but my guess nothing much, if anything, will be done.

Agree with all those rational thinkers who realize that Tomlin did this intentionally, and he should be heavily fined. Those arguing the that Tomlin's bush league move had NO impact on the play is laughable. As already stated in here, he stepped to his right to intentionally get CLOSER to JJ, instead of stepping to his left to get out of the way. A TD could have easily been awarded, and Pittsburgh would have NO argument....NONE.

So there are people here that don't think it was intentional? It's always fun to be a contrarian, I guess.

Anybody lose money on the game? Fantasy team lose?

I don't think it was intentional. That's the funny thing about opinions, sometimes people have one different from yours. I can't understand your contrarian way of thinking.

I don't think it was intentional. That's the funny thing about opinions, sometimes people have one different from yours. I can't understand your contrarian way of thinking.

Especially when discussing intent. It's hard to assign thought to someone's head unbiasedly. But I will say I think he was intentionally standing too close even if his intent wasn't to effect the play. I don't think he could possibly be that far out without knowing that he was atleast further than he should have been (even if he simply thought he was 4 feet past the edge of the sideline instead of 6.5).

I'm real curious to see the endzone cam that shows how he ended up there, if he ever glanced down etc....