John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

Now I feel like an a**. Last month I attended my buddy's going away party here in Chicago. One of the guests in attendance was the director of security for the Bears. I started talking to this guy about the Bills and he told me that Bon Jovi wanted to buy the Bills. I brushed him off at first and assumed it was the liquor talking, but apprently I was wrong. He went on to say that the NFL really wants Bon Jovi 's group to be an owner in the NFL.

I need to track this guy down.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless "Bongiovi" is partnering with Mick Jagger or Sir Paul McCartney, he doesn't have nearly enough liquid net worth to become a majority owner, or even a 30% owner. It's more likely he would be an "owner" of a team in the way Serena Williams is an "owner" of the Dolphins.

But any thread that references "the Kelly ownership group" is always fun.

I disagree. Stadiums don't have a fixed life. They don't become obsolete because they are old, there needs to be a reason. Most NFL teams have built new stadiums to increate club and suite seating, but the 1998 renovation to the Ralph addressed this pretty well and the next renovation will probably add additional club seating.

how about the literal **** flowing through the main concourse

Cuban is from Pittsburgh and has love for Buffalo - It's On Like a MoFo! :D

I say we get Kelly, Cuban, Bon Jovi and a conglomerate of a 80's bands. Crue, Kiss, Poison, G'nF'nR - heck even Whitesnake and Cinderella! Let's do this!!

I'm down for whatever it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo...

Haha... that had me laugh... Hey, whatever works.

Now I feel like an a**. Last month I attended my buddy's going away party here in Chicago. One of the guests in attendance was the director of security for the Bears. I started talking to this guy about the Bills and he told me that Bon Jovi wanted to buy the Bills. I brushed him off at first and assumed it was the liquor talking, but apprently I was wrong. He went on to say that the NFL really wants Bon Jovi 's group to be an owner in the NFL.

I need to track this guy down.

Jason LaCanfora talked to the same guy you talked to and put his liquor talk in the news.

Ugh. Even on a bye week we can't get away from all the doom and gloomers about how the Bills are destined to leave. How about we enjoy this Sunday and whatever rumors that might come out. Just as much as there's no evidence to prove that this is, or will happen. There's also none to prove that it won't. Just enjoy your Sunday people.

The Jets lost, the Dolphins are about to lose and our playoff hopes are going up this week and we didn't even play a down.

Edited by mrags

Look at the Forbes rankings for NFL team revenues. There are a handful of teams that are over $300M of revenue: Dallas, Houston, Washington, New York (x2), New England. The rest of the league is in the range of $230M to $300M and Buffalo is close to the middle of that group at $256M. If Buffalo had a competitive team, I think they'd do much better revenue-wise.

It's true that as more of the big market teams get new stadiums, the number of "haves" are increasing, but once San Francisco and Atlanta have their new stadiums, I think that that's mostly played out. In fact, I believe the focus on premium seats has hurt the NFL by worsening the in stadium experience for the majority of fans that sit in the cheap seats. I sometimes wonder if some of these new stadiums will seem as out of date 10 or 20 years from now as the multipurpose stadiums of the 60's and 70's are to us today.

The Bills are in the middle of the group in large part because of that Toronto check. The new stadiums absolutely take away from the in game experience. Have you ever seen a game in Foxboro? The bottom line is that the reason that they are around is because of the $ that they can create. The Bills must begin the process of getting a new stadium (which I am told is in the works). If not that 7 year out in the lease is terrifying.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Sounds like a real dick move with Richie Sambora. If you treat your lifelong partner that way, I don't like what it says about you.

PTR

Sambora leaving has nothing to do with an attempt to get a franchise. They have had issues for years … most likely split because they were bickering again. I don't believe you don't pay a band mate for studio time, I believe they get paid based on the royalties, sales and contract of the album and the money from the tour.

Jon had that indoor football arena team thing so this would be a step up as the guy loves Fball. I hope he gets it. Would put us back on the map in terms of spending, that is for sure...

You missed the part where he fired Richie Sambora because he didn't want to pay him more than a studio musician....

The rumor about him buying it with Kelly has only been "reported" by someone here who has 44 posts to his/her account. I'll take that with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I said IF it was true, and since it has been reported for years that Kelly was interested in being part of the new ownership I really didn't find the rumor that outlandish...

I wasn't aware that the Rogers Group was so adamant about buying the Bills. With that kind of money bidding it is less likely that Kelly's secret group can compete. They better get an ironclad contract before they build a dome stadium downtown. When we built Rich Stadium that was so screwed up we paid Cottrell for a dome that never even got built. Although few remember that.

Repetition of this false spin does not make it true.

The Buffalo Bills were NOT losing money before the "Toronto deal"

Adding the deal money of course adds to the Bills stability, but those who keep repeating the mantra that, the Bills can't survive without playing in Toronto, are incorrect.

Here's what you're missing. ONCE A NEW OWNER COMES ON THE SCENE, it's not about "not losing money", or about "surviving". The new owner MUST get a decent return on his investment.

Maybe we get lucky and the new owner has a heart for Buffalo, but it wiser to build a franchise that doesn't require that. This is why the steps Brandon has taken toward the Toronto regionalization effort is so essential.

If the new owner demands a new stadium, then you know he really is primarily money driven and the economics become even worse for Buffalo.

Edited by BillnutinHouston