Dan Dierdorf to Retire from CBS after the Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this to some degree but it seemed like Dierdorf said once a quarter..."You will never see a finer (pass, play, tackle, throw, play call, run, catch, quarterback, etc)." He was truly the king of hyperbole.

Do you ever listen to Gruden on Monday night's? 3rd and 4th stringers are Hall of Famers to Gruden. He's far worse than Dierdorf.

Do you ever listen to Gruden on Monday night's? 3rd and 4th stringers are Hall of Famers to Gruden. He's far worse than Dierdorf.

Yeah Gruden is way over the top.

I thought Dierdorf was very good on Monday Night Football and just fair on CBS. I didn't like listening to him when the Bills were losing, but I never thought he had a vendetta against the Bills.

Yeah he kissed up to Brady and the Patriots, but show me a broadcaster who hasn't. Also, both he and Brady went to the same college, so to me that explains all the love.

He definitely has made some silly statements, but again there a lot of broadcasters that do that.

Best wishes to him.

I admire the class of the people in this thread, wishing him well.

I am not so classy.

Dierdorf will go down as one of the worst color commentators in the history of the NFL. He offers no insight whatsoever-- not even the insight normal commentators offer from their bolierplate talking points.

It's somewhat of an embarassment to the sports broadcasting profession that CBS couldn't find anyone better than him.

JR, I nornally agree with you on a lot of things..but I think you are way off in your assessment here... while game broadcasts are longer than ever, the amount of time for analysis is less than ever. So, in that sense, the broadcasting game may have passed Dierdorf by, but I think the guy is extremely knowledgable...head and shoulders above the average muckity-mucks who do Sunday afternoon games.

One thing this thread re-inforces to me, Bills fans, as a whole, are pretty thin-skinned and have extremely select hearing. And, oh yeah, they hold onto grudges for percieved slights of their team for decades...from the comments here, I think many will only be happy when we have graduates from the Ryan Seacrest school of broadcast doing games.

Hear hear!

Now, I see saying how much they love "Chuckie" all the time... I think he is about as bad as it gets...it doesn't help that Tirico is as bland as it gets.