Just Imagine Big Ben

Spillnation

With trade rumors swirling in the off-season about Big Ben I can't help but wonder if this is something One Bills Drive will discuss in the off-season, depending on how EJ finishes the season. Big Ben is what we all hope Ej becomes. He's big, mobile and has a strong arm and this move could be brilliant. Ralph wants to field an immediate competitor before he sees his last game this would make it happen for years to come. Are defense is solid and our Wr are young and promising, quite the impressive rb duo and the cap space to kill. Ej developing his game watching Ben will only set us up for success when Ben retires, ala Farve Rodgers. What do you think it would take to make this happen a first and Byrd?

I don't see it. It would cost more than a first and Byrd, IMO, plus he costs a good deal of money. Also, it sounds like the trade rumors are nothing more than that -- rumors. Unless he hates Haley's guts, I can't see why a guy who could probably orchestrate a trade to greener pastures would come to WNY.

With trade rumors swirling in the off-season about Big Ben I can't help but wonder if this is something One Bills Drive will discuss in the off-season, depending on how EJ finishes the season. Big Ben is what we all hope Ej becomes. He's big, mobile and has a strong arm and this move could be brilliant. Ralph wants to field an immediate competitor before he sees his last game this would make it happen for years to come. Are defense is solid and our Wr are young and promising, quite the impressive rb duo and the cap space to kill. Ej developing his game watching Ben will only set us up for success when Ben retires, ala Farve Rodgers. What do you think it would take to make this happen a first and Byrd?

We have the Pitt connection with Whaley so i wouldn't completely say it couldn't happen , no matter what happens i think we need to get another QB weather it is in the draft or some where else .

EJ had questions about his play in college as far as deep accuracy, decision making, & how quickly he makes those decisions . When it comes to character top notch you won't find another better, work ethic thats great too, but if the other stuff over shadows his playing abilities alls he will ever be is Fitz with a bigger arm...

We need to be proactive & draft another QB !!

I don't see it. It would cost more than a first and Byrd, IMO, plus he costs a good deal of money. Also, it sounds like the trade rumors are nothing more than that -- rumors. Unless he hates Haley's guts, I can't see why a guy who could probably orchestrate a trade to greener pastures would come to WNY.

Money we have like almost 20 mil in cap left & he knows Whaley . Might not be enough but could be more than other teams have to draw him in ???

I would love it. We did get Bledsoe, so it's not totally an un-Bills move. We have the parts around him (good running game, good WR's, etc.) to make it happen. A first and Byrd I think would get it done. The Steelers secondary needs help. Also, the cost is basically nothing: If Byrd is going to be gone anyway, then might as well trade him, and if we don't get a QB, and EJ is inconsistent the rest of the season, we will need to spend our first on a QB. So, we have spent our first on a QB via trade, and Byrd is gone via trade and we get Big Ben. Might also require a 3rd or 4th rounder, but getting Ben would be a huge benefit in the short term and long term as he could help EJ.

There's no way he gets traded. The steelers beat reporters think the story was fabricated.

I think he may be traded. Story fabricated or not, it makes sense. They have explored trade options for him before and he has character/judgement, health and preparation strikes against him in his career in Pittsburgh.

Bills would be a good fit. He can still play, he's weather proof, and perhaps most importantly he has proven he can lead a team to championships.

Remember this about the Buffalo Bills......those 2 Lombardi trophies that Roethlisberger lead Pittsburgh to as their starting QB......are 2 more than any GM, head coach or starting QB of the Bills has ever lead a team to. I am not just talking about the obvious fact that the Bills haven't won one....they haven't even acquired any of those key leaders who has.

Confidence is a big part of the game of football and you will have to forgive the average Bills player if they aren't inspired by the previous results of their leadership group.

Would I rather have Teddy Bridgewater? You bet. But barring a shot at an elite prospect Big Ben might be the best chance for Whaley and Marrone to avoid another 3 and out.

I wouldn't cry if they did if EJ shows more regression.

Strong finish though and would have no use for him.

I did hear Steelers want to get rid of both safeties (Clark and Polamalu) on the radio. If so Byrd would be a huge "want" for them perhaps..

Big Ben is a great qb IMO. I'd love to have him.

I wouldn't cry if they did if EJ shows more regression.

Strong finish though and would have no use for him.

I did hear Steelers want to get rid of both safeties (Clark and Polamalu) on the radio. If so Byrd would be a huge "want" for them perhaps..

Big Ben is a great qb IMO. I'd love to have him.

Between bens contract, fitzs cap hit, kolbs, ejs (does tjax have anything floating, I don't remember his deal and cut date).... We'd have what, 30 some odd mill of next years cap tied up in throwing anything and everything at qbs and a 32 year old qb that may have taken more big hits than any other qb the last ten years.....risky. Not saying I wouldn't ex

Except for that whole Super Bowl champion thing.

That excuses rape? Disgusting.

I don't want him on the Bills because he is a major dirt bag. Nobody is perfect but what he did is beyond a "lapse in judgement" or some minor character flaw. He is a good QB. I'd prefer a non-rapist.

I think Ben is a very good QB and will not comment on him as a person. I think he would fit in great on this team as a player in this system. I think it would damage EJ's psyche irreparably if it happened (based on what I have read about him in college). Regardless, I would be shocked if he was traded. Anywhere.

There's no way he gets traded. The steelers beat reporters think the story was fabricated.

Last offseason, sure. The cap hit would have been too much.

This offseason, it's possible. I still doubt the Steelers trade him because they don't have their next QB lined up.

And I wouldn't pay whatever I'm sure some desperate team would be willing to offer.

Last offseason, sure. The cap hit would have been too much.

This offseason, it's possible. I still doubt the Steelers trade him because they don't have their next QB lined up.

And I wouldn't pay whatever I'm sure some desperate team would be willing to offer.

Landry Jones :flirt:

Only way I can see him being offered out there is if Pitt is going to go full bottom-up rebuild…..then he becomes too old for their needs and has a better value in a trade. I see the Texans for some reason going this route….they have a "win now" roster and a severe QB issue.

I do think that a team capable of going full retard and dealing their franchise guy is Dallas. That egomaniac owner may want Johnny Football to stay in his home state…and bet the farm to do it....can totally see it. Say what you want, I would kill for a cast-aside Romo looking to tell the world he is no bust. All day and 2x on Sunday.

That excuses rape? Disgusting.

I don't want him on the Bills because he is a major dirt bag. Nobody is perfect but what he did is beyond a "lapse in judgement" or some minor character flaw. He is a good QB. I'd prefer a non-rapist.

He was never convicted of rape.

There where no charges even filed against him for the accusations in Georgia. As for the Nevada 'incident' it was settled with a non disclosure of what the settlement was. It was a civil case.

I am not saying Ben did not put himself in bad positions which opened himself up to some questions, but calling the guy a rapist is just unfair.

Focus on his ability. He has 4-5 years left in him i think. He is a qb who will frustrate the heck out of you at times and then wow you others. He could flourish here. The Bills have some very good weapons he could use.

I am not sure what the play would be, but if it could be done for a first and a player i would go for it.

I doubt the financial ramifications will allow it though.