David Nelson: Found out on Twitter that Bills released him

He's been a pleasant surprise for us. Outside of Holmes and Kerley, who is now injured and out until at least early December, we have dick at WR. Nothing. Thankfully Holmes returns Sunday. Nelson has been solid. Still not sure why he was let go by Buffalo. I'm guessing so that players like Woods, Graham and Goodwin would have more time - but why not keep him as a No.5?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been a pleasant surprise for us. Outside of Holmes and Kerley, who is now injured and out until at least early December, we have dick at WR. Nothing. Thankfully Holmes returns Sunday. Nelson has been solid. Still not sure why he was let go by Buffalo. I'm guessing so that players like Woods, Graham and Goodwin would have more time - but why not keep him as a No.5?

He wasn't tendered because he was coming off major knee surgery and a completely new coaching staff didn't have the luxury of evaluating him at a time when evaluating players for new systems is critical. Cleveland also found out his knee wasn't ready and cut him in late August as a result. And if not for the rash of injuries in NY, I wonder if the Jets would have even had him on their radar.

GO BILLS!!!

He wasn't tendered because he was coming off major knee surgery and a completely new coaching staff didn't have the luxury of evaluating him at a time when evaluating players for new systems is critical. Cleveland also found out his knee wasn't ready and cut him in late August as a result. And if not for the rash of injuries in NY, I wonder if the Jets would have even had him on their radar.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, Holmes going down turned out to be a blessing in surprise because it led us to Nelson. Hill has not developed like we had hoped (he only shows up against you guys) and our No4 and 5 WR's in the Preseason did nothing. We had high hopes for a kid named Ryan Spadola and after he dropped a ball vs NE his pink slip was waiting for him and now he's nowhere.

Nelson was an easy player to like and root for. UDFA, worked his ass off, super nice guy, hot girlfriend, etc., etc. Might still be with the Bills if not for the knee injury; just bad timing.

He dumped that girlfriend a long time ago. She was in a bit of a rage about it on Twitter. The irony.

A rage?

Sounds a bit more dramatic than you are making it out to be.

It was pretty dramatic.

I wonder if the Bills will do one of those video montages of when he was a Bill to welcome him back? I have been to several Colts games and they always do something like that. Not sure if they ever do at the Ralph. It would be nice as he was a fan favorite.

whats the big deal...the classy vet David Nelson ? no not really - just a journeyman borderline nfl player so drop a text or a tweet "hey Nelson get your **** your done here"

what we dont know is was a call placed that he didnt answer, was a voice mail left, was he agent informed, was he told prior like hey next tuesday were going to put you on waivers and then they did it with the knowledge that he's already been told. This we don't know -

Edited by CardinalScotts