David Nelson: Found out on Twitter that Bills released him

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, not tendering is different than releasing him. It's not like the bills filed paperwork and didnt clue him in - if I recall it was leaked, not announced and may not have been 100% when leaked for all he knows.

Edited by NoSaint

At this point, we only have David's side to this story. It is possible the Bills tried to contact him and/or his agent and didn't connect prior to the story was posted on Twitter ahead of when the team released it which happens all the time with the LaCanforas of the world.

Damn those LaCanforas of the world!

To be fair, not tendering is different than releasing him. It's not like the bills filed paperwork and didnt clue him in - if I recall it was leaked, not announced and may not have been 100% when leaked for all he knows.

No, it's like the Bills didn't file paperwork and didn't clue him in.

That was the same thing I was going to add.

I loved Nelson. He had heart, spirit, and a positivity that seemed to make others around him better - just a great upstanding young man. I will admit I am disappointed we didn't keep him. He seemed like a Steve Tasker type - maybe not the best athlete on the field or the most dynamic, fastest, whatever but when he was on the field there are times where he would just flat out play.