Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the point: it's gonna be a lot harder to find the premier guys in the mid rounds.

except for the fact that a guy drafted in the middle of the third round last year (jordan reed, the 6th TE taken) has performed better than the four TEs taken in the first two rounds. And if you go back to 2012, you will find that exactly one TE went in the first two rounds (zero in the first round), and the most productive one so far went in round 3. So the theory that you have to pick TEs in the first couple rounds if you want to find a good one, does not withstand scrutiny. Yes, teams might be more likely to pick TEs in round one (although only one was taken last year), but teams have not overnight gotten better at separating the wheat from the chaff at that position.

Guys like Ebron and Amaro would not have been projected 1st rounders 3 years ago.

Says who? And for that matter, who says those guys are projected first rounders this year? It is only November. Edited by mannc

How do we know this?

There is no written rule that states you CAN'T draft a QB in the 1st Round two years in a row. At some point, an NFL franchise has to have the balls to buck the trend. Why can't it be us (for once)?

Carolina drafted Cam Newton 1st overall after taking Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd Round only a year earlier. The Redskins took RG3 2nd overall, then doubled up with Kirk Cousins in the 3rd Round.

In an era where Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Dalton, etc. are leading playoff teams as rookies, why are teams so STUBBORN to stick with a sinking ship for 2-4 years? It's absolutely ridiculous.

What's the worst thing that could happen? You kill EJ's confidence? Well, guess what. If he can't handle competition for his spot, he was never going to be the guy anyway. Don't want to waste another 1st round pick? Well, your team isn't going anywhere without a top QB, so technically you are wasting all of your picks by waiting around for a lost cause. And if by some miracle you end up with TWO good QBs, you can easily get a 1st round pick back (and probably more) by making a trade.

Good post. I would draft another QB #1, plus OL and a big TE. This draft is pretty easy to predict I think. Love the Cousins comment.

Look, as a posted a couple months ago, Manziel will be the most polarizing prospect in this draft. His talent and flair for the dramatic are huge, but there are a lot of naysayers who raise legitimate concerns regarding his off-field issues, size, and likely durability in the NFL. Having watched him play 6 or 7 college games, I think he has plenty of arm strength and that he, like Doug Flutie, will tend to avoid serious injury because he is so elusive. Many teams will not want to make him the face of their franchise, given his perceived attitude problems. For me, that's not much of a concern. He is definitely a brash and confident guy, but that's the kind of guy I want leading my team. Even though he is controversial, I have no doubt that a QB-starved team will roll the dice on Manziel with one of the top 6 picks, possibly even J-ville, one of the few franchises for whom selling tickets is a real issue.

good post....I love his brash way. exactly what this team needs.

Crazy how many people were ready to dump EJ a few weeks ago.... Can't believe people are calling for another 1st round qb already. We don't know where we pick, we don't know who will be available, and we don't know how EJ will finish. If EJ wins 4 or more games, it is a waste to draft a qb in first round. We would prob be picking out of top ten, and best qbs will be gone, and 8-8 is a good start for EJ, so better to address other things.

If we lose all of our games, and somehow a really great qb falls to us,, then yeah, go for it. But with so many unknowns, it makes no sense to be all in for drafting a Qb in the first round based on how little we know

forget the draft! when we run the table...9-7 will get us a spot. we will own tiebreakers over Jets, Miami and pretty sure San Diego...The titans aren't a threat b/c of their schedule and the only concern would be Pit finishing 9-7. we need them to go 3-2 over next 5 games and we're in! i know every year we need to run the table and have a gillion things happen, but this year feels different! I think marone is different!!!

forget the draft! when we run the table...9-7 will get us a spot. we will own tiebreakers over Jets, Miami and pretty sure San Diego...The titans aren't a threat b/c of their schedule and the only concern would be Pit finishing 9-7. we need them to go 3-2 over next 5 games and we're in! i know every year we need to run the table and have a gillion things happen, but this year feels different! I think marone is different!!!

Wrong thread

Might the Bills finally be good enough to go BPA in the first round and fill needs (TE being one) later? I think they could be there, or at least close.

(And if they draft sixth--which I don't think will end up being the case--and if a QB is BPA, time to trade that pick!)

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Crazy how many people were ready to dump EJ a few weeks ago.... Can't believe people are calling for another 1st round qb already. We don't know where we pick, we don't know who will be available, and we don't know how EJ will finish. If EJ wins 4 or more games, it is a waste to draft a qb in first round. We would prob be picking out of top ten, and best qbs will be gone, and 8-8 is a good start for EJ, so better to address other things.

If we lose all of our games, and somehow a really great qb falls to us,, then yeah, go for it. But with so many unknowns, it makes no sense to be all in for drafting a Qb in the first round based on how little we know

I guess posters were asked their opinion as it stand today, not four weeks from now. As it stands today, EJ is an incomplete inconsistent QB. He has not shown the "IT" consistently. Some posters take that as a failure and with the rookie salary cap being what it is feel comfortable in drafting another QB.

Manziel is no Flutie. LSU owned him last week. His maturity level is in no way ready for the big time. He should stay in school and no matter what we should draft someone else.

disagree x a million. not sure why people reference Manziel's one bad game in 2 years. he's only great 95% of the time?

http://www.bucsnatio...first-for-a-day

I would normally see this as a bright spot in ANOTHER crap season, but we have the same clowns picking players so even that is a downer. I would say tank the rest of the season for the #3-4 pick, but what would it matter. These clowns will screw it up.

And you KNOW what is going to happen right? Manzel comes out and is #1 and there will still be 2-3 NFL ready type QB's (unlike EJ who had no business being picked in the first) and Buffalo will bypass them because they have EJ.

And why not? isn't that how it normally goes for the Bills fans?

Hey genius. We drafted the DROY in the 2nd round and picked up 2 starting wrs. That's probably the best draft of 2013.

Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

In what way is this team better after this? I love the Murray pick if he's actually there in round 4. That's the only pick that I'm sold on. Evans could be a solid pick. Don't really think drafting a guard in the second round is needed. Just sign a solid free agent and be done with the position. Can't wait around for some rookie to develop.

Edited by DStebb716