No excuses left

Virgil

It was bad...but let's give EJ his mandatory 20 starts after being the 1st Rd pick and future franchise QB. He just played a guy who gets rookies almost every time and he's been out for a month.

What was disappointing was that they couldn't run the ball or stop the run against a team that could do neither before today. It was the 1st uninspired effort they've had this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. Today let the wind out of the sails big time. It was the first game this year that should have been a definite win

It's this kind of delusion that continues to baffle me.

Yes the Bills are improving and have some young talent, but what exactly have people seen to make them think any game should be a definite win, much less a road game against a veteran team and coaching staff like Pittsburgh?

It's this kind of delusion that continues to baffle me.

Yes the Bills are improving and have some young talent, but what exactly have people seen to make them think any game should be a definite win, much less a road game against a veteran team and coaching staff like Pittsburgh?

The Bills ran into a reeling opponent today and couldn't jump on them when they had an early chance to put 2 quick TD's on the board. If they were truly the team that was just losing because of a tough schedule then they would have taken care of business early in that game. They aren't that team. Then the culture of losing did it's thing.

The Bills ran into a reeling opponent today and couldn't jump on them when they had an early chance to put 2 quick TD's on the board. If they were truly the team that was just losing because of a tough schedule then they would have taken care of business early in that game. They aren't that team. Then the culture of losing did it's thing.

I was about to agree. But now I think its the "culture of not having a Franchise QB." Why bother if you dont have confidence in the offense?

Even down 20-3, if that had been Andrew Luck back there, or Manning or (etc.), I think this young team woulda played like wild dogs on both sides.

Edited by maddenboy

I'm very close to being out for the year. I was so embarrassed to call myself a Bills fan today. When you don't live in Buffalo, you can deal with many of our losses, but there was no excuse for today.

We sucked horribly. The sad thing is I lost hope today we could be decent team.

We're the same crappy team we've been for now 14 years.

EJ was awful today. His short passing was terrible (he did not throw any long passes, so who knows if he would have been terrible throwing long as well). His pocket awareness and accuracy were poor. When he did complete passes, he was late, almost getting his receivers killed.

I understand the rookie thing and coming back from injury, but I am just not seeing enough flashes to make me think that he will be successful. I hate the Jets, but Geno Smith has shown much more ability with his passing so far compared to EJ. Same thing with Glennon.

EJ is the new version of Trent Edwards. Captain checkdown at it's finest. There are many things to blame on the field on all sides of the ball but the thing that gets me the most upset is how calm and collected Marrone looked on the sidelines getting his butt kicked, while Tomlin is losing his mind that we scored on garbage time when it really should have been a false start on Gragg.

THAT my friends is what upsets me. A coach with ZERO emotion on the sidelines. Why should the players play any harder when their coach looks like he's at a day spa getting a massage when things are going wrong on the field? Give me Tomlin, Coughlin, the Chin, Rex Ryan any day over these no emotion coaches we've had.

Gannon also made a good observation (which we as Bills fans already know). We have to stop this throwing and running out of the gun formation man. Hackett can't seem to change his philosophy at all. That dude needs to make majlr changes and at first I thought it was his fault for EJ not throwing down the field, but Tuel and Thad have proved that the plays are being called, EJ just sucks and won't take a shot.

We need a QB again unfortunately. This kid is not gonna cut it. We're not Kansas City. We're not going to win games with a "game manager".

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I've ONLY said this twice in 32 years!

The

Bills

Suck!

Feels good to say the truth when it is deserved

What team have you been watching. I usually say this more than twice a week. This game was a big letdown. The offense was better the last few weeks without EJ. This season is done. Maybe they can put some things together the next few weeks but this game showed how far this team is from making the playoffs.

It was bad...but let's give EJ his mandatory 20 starts after being the 1st Rd pick and future franchise QB.

At what cost? Bridgewater? Manziel? Another QB better than EJ?

In a few years, after the Bills have missed the playoffs 16 years in a row, people are going to look back at the 2012 thru 2014 drafts and wonder how the hell a franchise so desperate for a good QB ended up passing on the studs in the 2012 and 2014 drafts only to go all-in with the crappy QB class of 2013. God help us, the Bills are going to give EJ 3 years to "develop."

Well you are incorrect. There are plenty of excuses. No where near running out. The question do you pull the plug on EJ after a handful of games and half the season injured? Easy to say draft someone but all you are doing is putting quarters on a slot machine. You give every QB a couple of game then the hook?

PTR

the Bills play on esp low paying slots because of their poor mgmt. no one but the Bills had him as a first rounder

EJ was awful today. His short passing was terrible (he did not throw any long passes, so who knows if he would have been terrible throwing long as well). His pocket awareness and accuracy were poor. When he did complete passes, he was late, almost getting his receivers killed.

I understand the rookie thing and coming back from injury, but I am just not seeing enough flashes to make me think that he will be successful. I hate the Jets, but Geno Smith has shown much more ability with his passing so far compared to EJ. Same thing with Glennon.

I disagree with the Geno Smith point. Smith has 8 TDs and 13 INTs while EJ has 5TDs and 4 INTs. I understand that Geno has had a good game or two, but overall, EJ has outplayed him this year - for whatever that is worth...

I was about to agree. But now I think its the "culture of not having a Franchise QB." Why bother if you dont have confidence in the offense?

Even down 20-3, if that had been Andrew Luck back there, or Manning or (etc.), I think this young team woulda played like wild dogs on both sides.

No doubt about it, not having a franchise QB is the #1 reason they lose games on the regular. But this team traditionally loses focus when the going gets tough and we saw that today. Make a good play on defense, make a bad play on defense. No consistency and lots of mental errors and a lack of determination. The offensive side of the ball was all Manuel. He just isn't a guy who can take a team on his shoulders and lead them and never really was at FSU.........but today was an example of a player just totally dragging a team down and you could feel the life drained out of the team by his sorry play. A few try-hards like KW, Mario and Kiko kept it from getting out of hand on defense but in general there was a lack of determination from this team.

At what cost? Bridgewater? Manziel? Another QB better than EJ?

In a few years, after the Bills have missed the playoffs 16 years in a row, people are going to look back at the 2012 thru 2014 drafts and wonder how the hell a franchise so desperate for a good QB ended up passing on the studs in the 2012 and 2014 drafts only to go all-in with the crappy QB class of 2013. God help us, the Bills are going to give EJ 3 years to "develop."

Yes, I got behind them with this pick knowing what it meant. He was ALWAYS advertised as a development project. I can't after five starts begin calling them dumb for the pick and demand they do it all over again. This was EJ's first bad start (maybe the NYJ's to). Lightning in a bottle, and an immediate franchise savior was never promised, or implied. He just didn't look ready for game speed. That is on the coaches.