What to do with TJ Graham?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has speed and gets open but doesn't seem to have the natural ability to turn and track the ball to make the catch. If he does actually make the catch then he doesn't seem to have experience to what to do next. Can he get there? I don't know but it sure would be nice not to have a project playing the position.

Honestly, I would release him after tomorrow morning. Yes, he is a fast guy and has a wonderful personality, but lets face it. The kid is not an NFL football player as he is afraid of the hits and is easily intimidated. This is probably why he runs bad routes. What makes him look bad is that there is a player that is smaller than him in Robey who was clearly born to be a football player. He's 5'7" but his heart alone makes him seem taller. He's got pride, he's a rookie, and has plenty of guts. He leaves it on the freaking field every week. TJ does not have that. Shall I go on.... Lets look at Goodwin. Clearly Goodwin is shorter that TJ, but he's got grit, hunger and pride. He's a first year player and also leaves it on the field as he's not afraid of the contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has more TD catches than TJ...even when you total his TDs from his rookie season to this season. That's sad. Again, this is no mock on TJ. He is a wonderful person just not a football player. Once the coaches realize that then they can quickly promote Easily or the next person on the depth chart. Come on guys WE DONT NEED ANALYTICS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. Just stop being in denial.

I think TJ has grit, hunger and pride.

What he does not have are instincts and a natural affinity for the game of football.

So it looks to me too that he is not a football player.

Goodwin is a football player, and if he is able to stay healthy he will be a big problem for opposing defences if/when we find a QB who can throw a football properly.

pass on him, and draft TY Hiton . . .

Good idea. TY had a monster day yesterday, the kind of day TJ seems incapable of having.

Good idea. TY had a monster day yesterday, the kind of day TJ seems incapable of having.

The other difference is that TY had a fairly bad 1st half, but came back with a solid 2nd half.

Remember how excited everyone was in August about this Bills' WR corps? Truth is outside Stevie and Woods, they still need a lot of help. Hopefully Woods isn't hurt too badly.

The other difference is that TY had a fairly bad 1st half, but came back with a solid 2nd half.

Remember how excited everyone was in August about this Bills' WR corps? Truth is outside Stevie and Woods, they still need a lot of help. Hopefully Woods isn't hurt too badly.

Yeah I do remember that. I was with those who thought our receiving corps was not that good, average at best. All you had to do was look at what the Pats were doing with their young receivers - Thompkins, Dobson and Boyce. I know those guys have had some problems adjusting to what must be a pretty complicated playbook and route tree but they looked like really good young talents and now they are proving it. They always were better than DaRick, Kaufmann, Hogan etc...

Oh and I almost forgot, better than TJ, regrettably.

I would say Goodwin has shown promise, that ball yesterday was a catch. As for TJ the Sabres are signing scrubs he's looked lost since he got to WNY.

Makes me sick that a third round pick was wasted on him. Looking back the Troupe pick is thought of as the worst pick of the buddy era, but he was injured as a result here is no way of telling what kind of player he was going to be . The Graham pick looks like a staight up bust. Probably could have had a starting guard with that pick

4) Draft TY Hilton (who just caught a third TD pass from Andrew Luck in the Texans game)and was taken three picks after we picked TJ.

Here's what happened. Our draft team doesn't scout. They go to the combine and listen to teams that scout. They heard a scout rave about TJ but the other scout actually said TY and the rest is history.

Edited by jumbalaya

Doesn't take too long to learn special teams. Get in the wedge or you're cut, boy.

well you're a little off. And wedges are no longer allowed...

Special teams is very important. 1/3 the game.

Robert woods being on special teams confounds me

He was never a top WR coming in to the league. I am unsure why people expected so much from him. He was a raw athlete with speed and heart. At the time many here were excited with the idea that he was so fast. He was a moderate risk / high reward player. He still is; there was a time in this league where players were given 2 to 3 years to develop.

There was nothing that any WR could have done to make that "leaping catch" today. The only thing that could have changed was running the route 3 or 4 more yards inside of the line. However, the CB had great coverage on him and shut that option down.

If Graham is not on this team in 2013 I will be surprised but not shocked. He is a team contributor, plays with heart but has had his problems like anyone else. There were numerous other drops and stupid blunders today, too. McKelvin's not falling on it, Chandlers numbers drops...etc.

I am sure I will get accused of being a fanboy of Graham, especially as of recent as he has now become the whipping boy of this site. He replaces Brad Smith who replaced Chris Kelsay.

And, while we're at it on the speed debate - I do realize Goodwin is fast, too. Him being referred to as having Olympic speed... which is not true. He was an Olympic long jumper. His 10.38 100 yard dash time in high school is impressive, though.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: We did? I didn't realize that? You sure?

what about the deep pass jumpball that hit him right in the hands.......how about not covering up the ball and fumbling so Hali can score a TD on us?

He was never a top WR coming in to the league. I am unsure why people expected so much from him. He was a raw athlete with speed and heart. At the time many here were excited with the idea that he was so fast. He was a moderate risk / high reward player. He still is; there was a time in this league where players were given 2 to 3 years to develop.

There was nothing that any WR could have done to make that "leaping catch" today. The only thing that could have changed was running the route 3 or 4 more yards inside of the line. However, the CB had great coverage on him and shut that option down.

If Graham is not on this team in 2013 I will be surprised but not shocked. He is a team contributor, plays with heart but has had his problems like anyone else. There were numerous other drops and stupid blunders today, too. McKelvin's not falling on it, Chandlers numbers drops...etc.

I am sure I will get accused of being a fanboy of Graham, especially as of recent as he has now become the whipping boy of this site. He replaces Brad Smith who replaced Chris Kelsay.

And, while we're at it on the speed debate - I do realize Goodwin is fast, too. Him being referred to as having Olympic speed... which is not true. He was an Olympic long jumper. His 10.38 100 yard dash time in high school is impressive, though.

We did? I didn't realize that? You sure?

they trade up to draft him.

WRs drafted in the 3rd round or later are viewed as projects....you cant expect them to step up and start as a rookie.

Scouting on him was that he was raw---but the parts that were raw were believed to be teachable.

I see him being on the team through next years trainging camp and see what happens. He could be cut if he doesnt show improvement.

Goodwin is way better in every way. I see no reason for TJ to play unless Goodwin is hurt or tired or they would both be on the field at the same time.

What is DaRick Rodgers doing? He was good in college and worked in our system. IMO we need some height and size at WR. I don't think Easly is it, and with our injuries we could use another body.

Makes me sick that a third round pick was wasted on him. Looking back the Troupe pick is thought of as the worst pick of the buddy era, but he was injured as a result here is no way of telling what kind of player he was going to be . The Graham pick looks like a staight up bust. Probably could have had a starting guard with that pick

like we needed some 5 10 qb

Special teams is very important. 1/3 the game.

People like to say this but it's just not true. The Bills offense averages 71 plays a game. The defense averages 75 snaps a game. Special teams snaps a game - 32.

It's more like special teams are 1/5.5 of the game.