What to do with TJ Graham?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a ton of cries for Easley to get more opportunities and he had a critical drop. I like Graham. Granted that was a tough fumble to take, but overall I think his skill and abilily are good for the team, and he will be an asset down the road.

I don't think TJ Graham is the Bills problem. They need to get healthy.

He can be benched for being bad at catching the ball.

Like I said convert him to safety. He is fast. Try the George Wilson route because the WR route isn't going to pan out.

I heard a ton of cries for Easley to get more opportunities and he had a critical drop. I like Graham. Granted that was a tough fumble to take, but overall I think his skill and abilily are good for the team, and he will be an asset down the road.

I don't think TJ Graham is the Bills problem. They need to get healthy.

What ability?

The primary job of a WR is to catch the ball.

He makes even routine catches look complicated.

He does not have hands for the NFL.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He was never a top WR coming in to the league. I am unsure why people expected so much from him. He was a raw athlete with speed and heart. At the time many here were excited with the idea that he was so fast. He was a moderate risk / high reward player. He still is; there was a time in this league where players were given 2 to 3 years to develop.

There was nothing that any WR could have done to make that "leaping catch" today. The only thing that could have changed was running the route 3 or 4 more yards inside of the line. However, the CB had great coverage on him and shut that option down.

If Graham is not on this team in 2013 I will be surprised but not shocked. He is a team contributor, plays with heart but has had his problems like anyone else. There were numerous other drops and stupid blunders today, too. McKelvin's not falling on it, Chandlers numbers drops...etc.

I am sure I will get accused of being a fanboy of Graham, especially as of recent as he has now become the whipping boy of this site. He replaces Brad Smith who replaced Chris Kelsay.

And, while we're at it on the speed debate - I do realize Goodwin is fast, too. Him being referred to as having Olympic speed... which is not true. He was an Olympic long jumper. His 10.38 100 yard dash time in high school is impressive, though.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: We did? I didn't realize that? You sure?

Kelsay and Brad Smith were/are well deserved whipping boys. Kelsay was a blindside DE with a career season high of 5.5 sacks. He was below average and fans knew he sucked but this organization extended him twice. Brad Smith is making several million dollars to contribute a few hundred yards receiving, over payed and was never worth the money.

As for demoting him to send a message Im all for it. Good coaches would do it. Graham doesnt track the ball in the air well, lacks the physicality to win fights for the ball and has suspect hands. Buddy screwed the pooch with that pick, thats reality. I hope they're smart enough to realize this guy doesnt merit the playing time he gets and is in over his head at the NFL level.

Honestly, I would release him after tomorrow morning. Yes, he is a fast guy and has a wonderful personality, but lets face it. The kid is not an NFL football player as he is afraid of the hits and is easily intimidated. This is probably why he runs bad routes. What makes him look bad is that there is a player that is smaller than him in Robey who was clearly born to be a football player. He's 5'7" but his heart alone makes him seem taller. He's got pride, he's a rookie, and has plenty of guts. He leaves it on the freaking field every week. TJ does not have that. Shall I go on.... Lets look at Goodwin. Clearly Goodwin is shorter that TJ, but he's got grit, hunger and pride. He's a first year player and also leaves it on the field as he's not afraid of the contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has more TD catches than TJ...even when you total his TDs from his rookie season to this season. That's sad. Again, this is no mock on TJ. He is a wonderful person just not a football player. Once the coaches realize that then they can quickly promote Easily or the next person on the depth chart. Come on guys WE DONT NEED ANALYTICS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. Just stop being in denial.

Kelsay and Brad Smith were/are well deserved whipping boys. Kelsay was a blindside DE with a career season high of 5.5 sacks. He was below average and fans knew he sucked but this organization extended him twice. Brad Smith is making several million dollars to contribute a few hundred yards receiving, over payed and was never worth the money.

well. If your boss offers you more money to do what you are doing would you decline it?

BTW. Its overpaid.

"Lack of effort" is not the only reason players get benched.

I'm just saying that is a hypothetical possibility based on player production more than anything else. Marrones "next man up" mentality.

Unless the "message" your sending is "just quit" then I'm not sure what your previous post was about then.

He's been hot and cold. He'll make a few plays and then he'll have a bad drop (or a fumble in this case). He showed good hustle trying to get to Smith on that pick 6, but obviously for nought.

I don't know that we'll find someone truly better to replace him at this point; we should just move him down the depth chart. Goodwin is the man for go routes. Easley and Hogan deserve a legitimate chance at a spot in the regular rotation. I know Easley goofed on his chance today, but they haven't been given enough chances to prove their worth since preseason.

When was he ever hot? In a two catch game? He doesn't belong on the field. That fumble was ridiculous. He could not hold Roscoe's jock and Roscoe was a waste.

He's been hot and cold. He'll make a few plays and then he'll have a bad drop (or a fumble in this case). He showed good hustle trying to get to Smith on that pick 6, but obviously for nought.

I don't know that we'll find someone truly better to replace him at this point; we should just move him down the depth chart. Goodwin is the man for go routes. Easley and Hogan deserve a legitimate chance at a spot in the regular rotation. I know Easley goofed on his chance today, but they haven't been given enough chances to prove their worth since preseason.

Insult to hot & cold players everywhere. Unless making one play vs the Bengals counts as occaionally hot. Guy is a dumpster fire.

He was never a top WR coming in to the league. I am unsure why people expected so much from him. He was a raw athlete with speed and heart. At the time many here were excited with the idea that he was so fast. He was a moderate risk / high reward player. He still is; there was a time in this league where players were given 2 to 3 years to develop.

There was nothing that any WR could have done to make that "leaping catch" today. The only thing that could have changed was running the route 3 or 4 more yards inside of the line. However, the CB had great coverage on him and shut that option down.

If Graham is not on this team in 2013 I will be surprised but not shocked. He is a team contributor, plays with heart but has had his problems like anyone else. There were numerous other drops and stupid blunders today, too. McKelvin's not falling on it, Chandlers numbers drops...etc.

I am sure I will get accused of being a fanboy of Graham, especially as of recent as he has now become the whipping boy of this site. He replaces Brad Smith who replaced Chris Kelsay.

And, while we're at it on the speed debate - I do realize Goodwin is fast, too. Him being referred to as having Olympic speed... which is not true. He was an Olympic long jumper. His 10.38 100 yard dash time in high school is impressive, though.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:We did? I didn't realize that? You sure?

yep, Buddy Nix came away from that draft patting himself on the back while stating "who says we never trade up". I found that to be hilarious because when the NFL network announced the pick Mike Mayock fumbles thru his sheets and then they went into a commercial. When they returned Mayock stated he had TJ grade as a 5-6 th round pick.

* The Bills traded the Redskins for their 3rd (2 picks ahead) & 7th to jump in front of the Jags & Skins

Scout.com had TJ as the 31st ranked WR in the draft

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2012&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=16

I blame the 4th and 3 failed pass on Graham too. It was a catchable ball, but TJ slowed down when he looked up for the ball. He has terrible ball skills.

I have defended Graham for a long time (i.e., saying he needs more time), but am thinking he will never really develop.

Yup, that's the one that doesn't get much discussion. My beef isn't the play designs, but that TJ is the primary option on critical plays. As an offensive game manager you don't go to a guy who hasn't proved consistency in the league. He had zero ball awareness on the 4th down throw, and even if the CB doesn't jump the roue on the endzone play, TJ didn't give enough separation and was in the process of being buried if the ball ever got to him. I have very little confidence that he makes that catch.

Yup, that's the one that doesn't get much discussion. My beef isn't the play designs, but that TJ is the primary option on critical plays. As an offensive game manager you don't go to a guy who hasn't proved consistency in the league. He had zero ball awareness on the 4th down throw, and even if the CB doesn't jump the roue on the endzone play, TJ didn't give enough separation and was in the process of being buried if the ball ever got to him. I have very little confidence that he makes that catch.

He must either look great in practice, or have pictures of Nate Hackett in compromising situations.

I'd put Graham on special teams the rest of the year, and give him another chance next year/injuries arise.

But I've thought he was awful since early in his rookie year, obvious bad hands and struggles reading the ball. This team makes many moves that baffle me, like I think they're tanking