Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree

Was it Tuel's fault that so many passes were dropped?

He floats balls, but he didn't stink the place up by any means.

He showed poise by throwing the ball away, running a little, and calling time-out at a smart time.

He's not starter material, but as a THIRD STRING he's not that bad.

actually our 4th string QB if you figure that Kolb was supposed to be here. So, not a bad game for a 4th stringer, but he played another terrible game. It's a shame because we make the playoffs if we have a decent QB on this team.

And Thad's didn't result in points for the other team too? Lest we forget, Thad fumbled the ball like 4 times a game.

HE didn't throw floating balls, and a pic 6 with a wide open SJ in the endzone. Tuel is fine for a 4th stringer, but that's what he is.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure that his family loves him. But Jeff Tuel is obviously not an NFL-quality backup, and never will be. Get Flynn ready, and find someone else on the waiver wire. We don't need any more data or practice reps. He can't play. I'm glad he got that TD pass, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while and he'll need something to show his grandkids. But he needs to be released.

Of course, he won't be because Ralph is concerned about full stadia and refills on tapioca. But I digress.

:thumbdown::doh:

Releasing Tuel won't move this game to the win column.

The Bills playoff hopes died at the very latest, last week.

this is also true. I don't favor releasing him, won't do anything now. But the FO really messed up by not having a veteran backup. I think we need a TE with our first pick also. We need someone more reliable than Chandler. He can play TE2 in a two TE set, but no way he is a TE1 when you have young QB's who need to throw to the TE's.

This thread is why I'm not here as much as I used to be. Its hard reading what people have to say who really don't understand the ins-and-outs of the game of Football. Ugh.

Tuel was fine. We knew he would throw INTs. If you were expecting a Brees-like performance you are nuts. He managed the game well. The D played well. Drops, turnovers and mistakes by EVERYONE on the team is the reason for the loss. Tuel's INT at the goal line was tough because it was a 14 point swing, but those things happen to a guy making their first NFL start. He was not the only reason for the loss. He played a fairly good game IMO. You learn from your mistakes and move on. He isn't here to be the starter. He is here to be a backup and he played like a backup. He put us in good spots more often than not.

HE didn't throw floating balls, and a pic 6 with a wide open SJ in the endzone. Tuel is fine for a 4th stringer, but that's what he is.

You're right. HE fumbled it in our red zone twice just last game. Lot of uneducated fans on here bashing Tuel.

It's hard to believe under any circumstances that a NFL team would ever be in a position to start a rookie UDFA in a regular season game. I wonder if it's any team in the past 25 years has been forced into this situation.

take the time and look it up yourself if you're so interested.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure that his family loves him. But Jeff Tuel is obviously not an NFL-quality backup, and never will be. Get Flynn ready, and find someone else on the waiver wire. We don't need any more data or practice reps. He can't play. I'm glad he got that TD pass, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while and he'll need something to show his grandkids. But he needs to be released.

Of course, he won't be because Ralph is concerned about full stadia and refills on tapioca. But I digress.

How about cutting ties with Hackett who again shows he is not NFL ready either. This is now three games that there has been one key O play call that influenced the outcome of a game. As soon as the interception was made at the goal line, I told myself that was it. Hackett - REALLY? You REALLY put this young guy in that position. Get the points. But of course you will be protected by Marrone who should be under the gun for today as well. Nice job Coach and O Coordinator. Very nice job!

What's sad is how many of you will continue to defend the indefensible because you'll put up with terrible football as long as it gives you an excuse to get drunk outdoors. Those fans who continue to support every move this franchise makes are killing this franchise through their selfishness.