Prediction Thread for Bills - Chefs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31-13 Bills.

And it won't be as close as that score indicates.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeh, K-9! Love it man, love it! Although I don't see Buffalo winning by that much, (by 18 points K-9?) I know its going to be tough for the Chiefs at the Ralph. The fans will be relentless! Going into this game, I am concerned about our QB situation though. I hope Thad is a "go" for Sunday. Love your confidence K-9. I say, 27 - 24 Bills. Lets Go Buffalo!!

I said a couple weeks ago I thought the Bills would win this game...I think KC is WAY overdue for a loss...They have had their share of close games...

At the end of the 3rd quarter vs. Philly they were only up 16-9...

They beat Dallas at home 17-16...They score the game winning FG with about 4 minutes left...

They were behind at Tennessee with less than 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter...

At home vs. Oakland they were tied at halftime and only up by a TD at the end of the 3rd quarter...

They beat the Texans at home by a point...

They beat Cleveland at home by 6 and were only up a FG to start the 4th quarter...

This is the most beatable 8-0 team in the history of the NFL... ;)

Seriously though...The Chiefs will bring a really stout Defense and an Offense that is efficient but unspectacular...The Bills HAVE to avoid the turnovers...That's the #1 thing in this game...But I think it's another close one, with the Bills pulling it out in the 4th quarter 23-17... B-)

PS...I wrote this before I heard Lewis did not practice today...No way do I see the Bills beating the Chiefs with Tuel at QB...And Flynn?...Good grief... :cry:

Edited by KOKBILLS

The Chiefs haven't given up more than 17 points all year. With how much Thad struggled against NO, it would be a stretch to assume the Bills will be the first team to exceed that total. That being said, they can't keep up this pace all year, nor can they keep up the undefeated season. The question is whether this is the game the Chiefs will come back down to earth a bit.

So much is riding on this game for the Bills. If they win, not only are they one of the main national stories on Monday, but they will have also put themselves in a solid position for a playoff push with several "easier" games coming up. If they lose, same old Bills, 3-6, looking like even 8-8 is out of reach.

Meanwhile, it's almost an acceptable loss for the Chiefs. They've already played much better than anyone thought and have basically locked up a playoff spot after being the worst team in the league last year. The Bills are at home and the Ralph will be super amped up for this game.

That's why I think the intangibles favor the Bills and they will buck the statistical trends which have been so favorable to the Chiefs so far this season. It is the appropriate game for them to come back down to earth.

Bills win 20-16.

Road vs home is big difference for a rookie QB and essentially Thad is a rookie.

I'd say a big play or two earns the Bills a TD, and they get a FG or two.

J. Charles, and McCluster each get a TD, and a third comes from somewhere else late in the game (defense?) + 2-3 FGs

Result:

Bills 10-13 points; up to 20 if they can get a defense/Special Teams TD.

Chiefs: 27-30

Fun note: 10 years ago (11/16/03) a good friend (lifelong Chiefs fan from KC) and I who both live in Columbus decided to drive down to Cincy for the Chiefs-Bengals game. She has 6 siblings all who came in from KC for the game. The Chiefs were 9-0, best record in the NFL. At the time they were trying to be the first team to go 10-0 since the 1988 Denver Broncos. Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzales, and the "X-Factor" Dante Hall. Remember him? The Bengals were 4-5. They had Jon Kitna at QB (Palmer was a rookie and watching from the bench), Rudi Johnson and Peter Warrick. Also Chad Johnson(pre-Ocho Cinco) who guaranteed a Bengal win. We were part of the record crowd at Paul Brown stadium that day to watch the Bengals beat the Cheifs at their own game 24-19. Rudi Johnson ran for 165 yards and Warrick ran a punt back for a TD. The Bengals took away the Chiefs running game and forced Green to beat them through the air. He was able to get a couple TDs but it wasn't enough. Chiefs rushed for 67 yards total. The Bengals went to 5-5 and that record actually vaulted them to a tie for 1st place in the AFC North at that time. They went on to win their next 2 games...

GO Bills!!

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

This will be a low scoring game regardless of who QBs for the Bills.

KC on offense:

In their 2 away games that matter, KC scored one offensive TD per game. The key for the Bills will of course be to stop the run, and Lawson starting and staying healthy is a must. He and Mario are needed to set the edge. The bills also have to avoid penalties that help extend drives for KC. If Lawson is healthy, I think the Bills' D can hold KC to no offensive TDs.

Bills on O:

Having Spiller in will be as important as having Lewis in to manage the game. The bills will have to pound the ball and avoid TOs. Commit to the run and hope for two possible game changing plays: spiller breaks one; and/or they connect on a play-action bomb.

ST: the game could well-likely be determined here, but I'm not sure which team gets the lucky break.

Outcome: since KC's offense is not great, the Bills have a chance pull off the upset. They need a clean game with few penalties and win the TO battle--that's a lot to hope for. However, I have a good feeling about this game as the one that turns their season around.

16-15 Bills.

Edited by TPS