Re: Trade Deadline

JTO

Do any of you feel as if the Bills are at least a player or two away from becoming a better club? With that said, if you could make a trade who would it be for and what would you give up?

I personally would be in favor of trading Byrd and TJ. I'd send Byrd to any team for at least a 5th rounder. This is under the impression that Byrd will walk after this year. Franchising him will not make sense as the club would have to pay a higher cost.

Read somewhere that the jags are dangling Blackmon for picks. I'd send TJ and a 3rd rounder to them for him. I think that the bills need a taller receiver opposite of Stevie. One of those jump up and catch type of receivers. Sure, Easily is tall but it's obvious they want him to stay in Special Teams.

Edited by JTO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not do any of that. For entirely the the reasons you said. Tj is still developing and a young player at a skill position and Byrd is worth much more then a 5th. Franchising him against next year is worth it. Still well below fair price value.

If anyone is tradable they would be so for marginal talent that would not improve our team. A player like Searcy is someone you'd trade. 4th on the depth chart and young with potential. He would garner a backup OL or DL. Maybe 3rd string CB.

@JasonLaCanfora

Odds on which trades are most likely, and much more in my Monday Observations (including no quick fix in PHI and MIA):http://mweb.cbssport...adline …

" Still, the Bills are reeling some, even with him back from injury, they won't franchise him again in 2014, which means he walks for a 2015 compensatory pick."

Where is this guy getting this from? Who says they won't franchise him again in 14?

Interestingly enough, there are some really good players who are available for the right price, ie. Adrian Peterson, Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jared Allen etc. Perhaps if Doug Whaley where to consider this an extension of next year's FA period, we might be able to pick-up a player in a Byrd trade that could help the cause. However there aren't any notable OL or DB players being talked about and the cap hit for another top WR or DE wouldn't make much sense.

My guess is the Bills will not be players this time around.

I'd only want the Bills to add players, preferrably on the cheap (like a kick the tires on Fred Davis experiment or some practice squad raiding)

I don't want them to trade Byrd or pick up expensive vets.

Interestingly enough, there are some really good players who are available for the right price, ie. Adrian Peterson, Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jared Allen etc. Perhaps if Doug Whaley where to consider this an extension of next year's FA period, we might be able to pick-up a player in a Byrd trade that could help the cause. However there aren't any notable OL or DB players being talked about and the cap hit for another top WR or DE wouldn't make much sense.

My guess is the Bills will not be players this time around.

those guys might be available because they are in the "win now" phase of their careers. we are not in a win now season.

Lets trade Byrd to Pittsburg for Guard David DeCastro.

I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't trade their first round draft pick who is essentially in his rookie year after missing the first with an injury for a player they can't guarantee will be with them next year. I can see where a Steeler team that's 2-5 and last in their division seeing a lot of value in that trade.

" Still, the Bills are reeling some, even with him back from injury, they won't franchise him again in 2014, which means he walks for a 2015 compensatory pick."

Where is this guy getting this from? Who says they won't franchise him again in 14?

I don't think there's any way that the Bills franchise Byrd next year. Safety isn't a key position in their defense, and they're not going to devote $8+ million dollars to it for one more season of play from him. In what scenario outside of establishing a rep as tough negotiators does this make sense?

Probably from sources who actually have inside information, you think maybe?? As opposed to from fans only believing what they wish or want to happen.

Who says they won't franchise him? Well most neutral people who aren't fans who make rational business decisions as opposed to fans who want to keep all players regardless of cost. All of them keep stating he's too expensive to franchise next year. Neutral people also don't state that you franchise him just to teach him a lesson either.

The Jags would want more that TJ Graham and a 3rd rounder for Justin Blackmon.

You are probably right but not by too much. I would think that they would jump at a 2nd for him. He would be an interesting target for the Bills. They could use a young stud to play outside and slide Stevie to the slot.