Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

agreed - i keep up with the saints as i like watching live football, tailgating, and staying in the loop on the NFC.... but was in bills gear sunday.

i dont think cheering when they make a big play next week makes me less of a football fan. if anything, i think many on the board would really enhance their fan experience by watching a few teams regularly to get some perspective on the highs and lows every team goes through - injuries, bad calls, gifts from the refs, bad draft picks etc....

You can like whoever else you wanna like and admire a good play or wish you had the QB of another team or any other player and that's all fine. But like you said, you were in a Bills uniform.

My whole thing about people being a fan of two teams is for the comment badasss made where he was undecided on who to root for during the chiefs bills game cuz he's equally a fan of both teams. THAT to me just doesn't make sense.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs play good D and they don't turn the ball over, throw in a soft schedule and that's how they are undefeated. Are they as good as their record indicates? Probably not, but when you have a solid defense and you don't turn the ball over you are going to win a lot of games.

The Bills at home could beat them if they don't turn the ball over.

When was that 2 years ago? And we've played them since then? I don't think thats even an issue anymore

We whallopped them in the home opener last year at the Ralph 35 - 17 last year and beat them 41 - 7 in week 1 of 2011 to start our glorious 5 - 2 start. I look for more of the same Sunday.

When was that 2 years ago? And we've played them since then? I don't think thats even an issue anymore

As reddog points out - we've laid beatings on them and I think they will be looking to return the favor.

I was just saying as far as "classic trap games" go - I don't think this is it. I always picture teams with little history, or history of the 7-0 team coasting the last few times they won.... Here I think these guys have the bills circled as a real threat who they want to even the score with.

We whallopped them in the home opener last year at the Ralph 35 - 17 last year and beat them 41 - 7 in week 1 of 2011 to start our glorious 5 - 2 start. I look for more of the same Sunday.

I do as well...i truly think the Bills are at least as good, if not better than the Chiefs. Add in the home crowd, the playoffs on the line for the Bills, all in the Chiefs locker room eyeing the bye and the Broncos(even if they say they are not)..and we got us a great set up for a win. I will not call it an upset, as I believe we deserve to win.

BTW, the one stat I will give the Chiefs, and it is impressive as hell, i heard on PTI last night.

The Chiefs opponents have started drives 17 times in the 4th quarter where points would either tie the game or take the lead...and the Chiefs have only given up 3 points on those 17 drives...that is freaking impressive!

I do as well...i truly think the Bills are at least as good, if not better than the Chiefs. Add in the home crowd, the playoffs on the line for the Bills, all in the Chiefs locker room eyeing the bye and the Broncos(even if they say they are not)..and we got us a great set up for a win. I will not call it an upset, as I believe we deserve to win.

BTW, the one stat I will give the Chiefs, and it is impressive as hell, i heard on PTI last night.

The Chiefs opponents have started drives 17 times in the 4th quarter where points would either tie the game or take the lead...and the Chiefs have only given up 3 points on those 17 drives...that is freaking impressive!

They know how to win!!

The Bills have the advantage of playing at home. Plus the Bills have beaten the Chiefs badly in their last two meetings. So I think the Bills have a good shot at winning based on the mind-game alone.

At some point during this game I expect the Bills to demoralize the Chiefs. If the Bills can get on a roll, the memory of the last two beat downs the Chiefs took will creep into their players' minds. The Chiefs will start to second guess whether they are for real or not and begin wondering why they can't beat a team like Buffalo whom they think they are more talented than.

And if that happens, people around the NFL will silently think "Nope....the Chiefs aren't Superbowl caliber......" And they will start forgetting about the Chiefs like they have every other year in recent memory.

And I am going to enjoy this little fantasy of mine while I can, because we all know that it is entirely possible that either the Bills offense or Bills defense forgets to show up for the game.

The Bills have the advantage of playing at home. Plus the Bills have beaten the Chiefs badly in their last two meetings. So I think the Bills have a good shot at winning based on the mind-game alone.

At some point during this game I expect the Bills to demoralize the Chiefs. If the Bills can get on a roll, the memory of the last two beat downs the Chiefs took will creep into their players' minds. The Chiefs will start to second guess whether they are for real or not and begin wondering why they can't beat a team like Buffalo whom they think they are more talented than.

And if that happens, people around the NFL will silently think "Nope....the Chiefs aren't Superbowl caliber......" And they will start forgetting about the Chiefs like they have every other year in recent memory.

And I am going to enjoy this little fantasy of mine while I can, because we all know that it is entirely possible that either the Bills offense or Bills defense forgets to show up for the game.

polish dave,

do you have a son that has acted in commercials for the nfl, particularly one involving cam newton?

just curious.

polish dave,

do you have a son that has acted in commercials for the nfl, particularly one involving cam newton?

just curious.

No sir... I think I know the commercial you are talking about .....But, you must be thinking of some other Dave...

Chiefs are 8-0.

They are but for 1 game there are somewhere between 4-7 teams that I would take over them. Definitely: Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans and Denver...maybe: New England, Cincy and Green Bay

They are good but not the '85 Bears. They havent played anyone yet. They are going to win 11-12 games which is really good but they do not dominate enough to be much better than that. This game is a trap game for them looking ahead to Denver.